Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Their visit at GamesCom was cancelled, so that mean update cant go out in that time or what ?? :D You taking everything too much seriously

Uhhh..no?

The reason why they stopped it, due to they wanted to work on the update, not to get the update on THAT time, there is a difference, all the information we have so far, judging by everyone else and from the PT is early August. 

Tho, we have't had any news or updates or any twitter stuff from DE from a while now, so Im unsure whats going on, even more so with the NNR issues, people are haveing 

1 hour ago, Cytobel said:

Look, we're gonna be lucky if they release it before Christmas at this point.  I've seen slow releases, but this honestly looks like there was a massive blow-up somewhere in Digital Extremes and they lost someone, along with all of that person's coding.

Who am I kidding?  I've NEVER seen anyone (outside of Blizzard) spend so much time doing so little and trying to hype it.  Whatever happened was clearly bad.

Did Scree fall in a blender?  Did Scott finally snap?  Did Steve attack someone for reasons with a paint knife?  Did Rebecca's evil twin briefly take over and force everyone into clown-suited banana duels to the death until an epic kung fu karaoke confrontation with the true Rebecca?

Who knows...  All I can be certain of is that this is the most severe delay of content (and abandonment of partially-finished content) I've ever seen in Warframe.

This is beautiful. Excellent imaginative story telling, its as good a reason as any :)

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Uhhh..no?

The reason why they stopped it, due to they wanted to work on the update, not to get the update on THAT time, there is a difference, all the information we have so far, judging by everyone else and from the PT is early August. 

Tho, we have't had any news or updates or any twitter stuff from DE from a while now, so Im unsure whats going on, even more so with the NNR issues, people are haveing 

i am worried something internal has happened ...

what with jokes on dev streams about job loss/on the line i took as humor......

as some point out, that in dev streams it seems like the various departments dont exchange info very much off camera, as they seem shocked or worried about some of the content they each are providing.

it makes it look like DE is disorganized 

51 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

as some point out, that in dev streams it seems like the various departments dont exchange info very much off camera, as they seem shocked or worried about some of the content they each are providing.

What do you mean excaly?, you think something bad has happened?, what you mean by " internal"

13 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

What do you mean excaly?, you think something bad has happened?, what you mean by " internal"

im not sure how to put it .... into words ..just a vibe ?

like something is going on behind the curtain, just feels foreboding 

EDIT:

Spoiler

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings

ive been checking out DE jobs available(in case one caught my eye ) 

seems like more are available?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Chill Winston.

Speculation and opinion do not equal fact. Let's wait and see what they bring out. People are very quick to forget that they've just released 2 major updates that have added new content and utterly reworked existing content. Just because the those updates didn't come with a shiny new frame or quest doesn't mean the game has been abandoned or there's 'internal' issues. Let DE get on with it in peace.

1 minute ago, Kidkilla said:

Chill Winston.

Speculation and opinion do not equal fact. Let's wait and see what they bring out. People are very quick to forget that they've just released 2 major updates that have added new content and utterly reworked existing content. Just because the those updates didn't come with a shiny new frame or quest doesn't mean the game has been abandoned or there's 'internal' issues. Let DE get on with it in peace.

didnt say it was abandoned, or anything of the kind, and im not complaining about content or saying we all run for the hills

im just stating a general honest concern for them 

also above noted in last post , it seems job openings are growing .... 

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

didnt say it was abandoned, or anything of the kind, and im not complaining about content or saying we all run for the hills

Was referring to other posts as well as yours. Yours was the last hence me quoting it, so sorry if it looks like I was picking on you - I wasn't. But any, are those job openings or Dec expansion? In addition, even if it is openings for existing posts, there are a number of reasons that could happen - burn out, better opportunities, changes in life/work priorities etc. So I go back to my  previous post - Until we know in a proper company statement, it's all hearsay and speculation.

1 minute ago, Kidkilla said:

Was referring to other posts as well as yours. Yours was the last hence me quoting it, so sorry if it looks like I was picking on you - I wasn't. But any, are those job openings or Dec expansion? In addition, even if it is openings for existing posts, there are a number of reasons that could happen - burn out, better opportunities, changes in life/work priorities etc. So I go back to my  previous post - Until we know in a proper company statement, it's all hearsay and speculation.

no worries, just was wondering were it came from 

its just the dev talks possibly inlay a false vibe of internal issues 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

This ^

15 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im not sure how to put it .... into words ..just a vibe ?

like something is going on behind the curtain, just feels foreboding 

EDIT:

Reveal hidden contents

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings

ive been checking out DE jobs available(in case one caught my eye ) 

seems like more are available?

I've not checked their site for a while, but I can assure you there is alot more job offers then there was before, so I'm pertty uncertain whats going on myself, so I can feel your concern. The thing I've also noticed is excaly what you said and what others have noticed as well. So there is a bit unknown in that factor.

I've also noticed that sease that last devstream there has been no information what so ever for the coming past weeks, what has me now nervous is that how alot of players where suffering "NNR" or "SNR" (<<<<!>>>>) and usually there has been quick notes of saying: "Yes we are aware, sit tight", its cleared up now, altlest for me and it seems to be almost if it was ignored.

In the past Devstream, when Reb showed off Tatiana, did you notice how quick Steve was to tell Reb to stop showing more?, thats really unlikely of him, as him and sheldon are spoiler kings or queens. This War Within, is the next "Second Dream" so understandable they want to keep a tight lip, even more so on the Umbra (and if you kown where to look). its all been hush-hush.

However this is slightly worrying, as while most took as jokes of alot of things they say, I think someone didn't, and something happened.     

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

This ^

I've not checked their site for a while, but I can assure you there is alot more job offers then there was before, so I'm pertty uncertain whats going on myself, so I can feel your concern. The thing I've also noticed is excaly what you said and what others have noticed as well. So there is a bit unknown in that factor.

I've also noticed that sease that last devstream there has been no information what so ever for the coming past weeks, what has me now nervous is that how alot of players where suffering "NNR" or "SNR" (<<<<!>>>>) and usually there has been quick notes of saying: "Yes we are aware, sit tight", its cleared up now, altlest for me and it seems to be almost if it was ignored.

In the past Devstream, when Reb showed off Tatiana, did you notice how quick Steve was to tell Reb to stop showing more?, thats really unlikely of him, as him and sheldon are spoiler kings or queens. This War Within, is the next "Second Dream" so understandable they want to keep a tight lip, even more so on the Umbra (and if you kown where to look). its all been hush-hush.

However this is slightly worrying, as while most took as jokes of alot of things they say, I think someone didn't, and something happened.     

my exact thoughts (glad one of us could put it to words xD) 

About the increased job offers, maybe they are just looking to expand? Also people leave and join companies all the time.

Also Legion, Steve might have asked Rebecca to not show more of Titania simply because they weren't sure if all the abilities were hooked up and working on the developer build, seems like they want to show more of her next stream. 

Willing to wait for War Within if it comes with fewer bugs and needs less hotfixes for everyone to enjoy it fully,

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

About the increased job offers, maybe they are just looking to expand? Also people leave and join companies all the time.

Also Legion, Steve might have asked Rebecca to not show more of Titania simply because they weren't sure if all the abilities were hooked up and working on the developer build, seems like they want to show more of her next stream. 

Willing to wait for War Within if it comes with fewer bugs and needs less hotfixes for everyone to enjoy it fully,

makes sense

here is hope for more to come in the next dev stream hopefully  

Spoiler

to bad no computer engineer related jobs available xD (id pounce on that)

Last time ive seen a delay like this was the three year long (and still ongoing) delay at hawken. DE, if there happened something regarding the community, tell us, i hope that won't cause any mean comments. If something serious happened, most of us will understand, but after reading the comments above there is the need for more information.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

That was my read on it as well, and it makes sense enough to me.

Leave a good chunk for the next stream, both to fill time with something people are interested in seeing and to make sure that they see it in a state which (more or less) accurately represents what players can expect to experience.

people need to just chill, stop bothering them with stuff like "we need an ETA" or "give us some reason it is taking so long"

we all know DE will give us more information on the update as we get closer to the launch date and it may be better that we know less now just in case they have to push back the launch date and so hype doesn't cause any impatience

DE is trying to give us a smooth fantastic update lets have faith in them and just relax because do you want it now and it be filled with bugs and not be all that enjoyable or do you want it as bug free as possible and as a result smooth and the story be even more submersive?

2 hours ago, NovusNova said:

Thanks for this Nova, cleared up alot!