Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

I usually go by the name 'Sayon' or 'Angry Sayon' most of the time, but 'Sayon' alone was already taken when I was making my WF account (no wonder. It's a pretty common African name). I didn't want to use underscore in my name, so I just reverted the word 'monotone' and took the result as my alias.

UpgradeInProgress was actually a Doctor Who reference when it started out... 

In the show, they had several Cybermen that would update constantly with a call of 'Upgrade in progress' and rise from whatever defeated them. I thought since I was a warrior in a suit, and since I really admired their ability to get back up (even though yes, they're horrible villains that extract people's brains and put them into metal shells), I took the name and it follows me to this day.

As time went on, it came to signify my own upgrading as well as that of Warframe. You can find me on the Wikia under the same name, as well. And whenever redtext shows up with a hotfix, expect to see me in Region!

-UpgradeInProgress

Back in the sixth grade (i don't even know how many years ago) i was in a computer typing class (because computers were getting big and people didn't know how to type) and a friend introduced me to the game 'RunEscape' and every user name i tried was taken or was going to need some numbers at the end (i hate numbers at the end) and so i sat there thinking " what are some of the least common letters used in the english alphabet?"

turns out the end of the alphabet gets neglected ( or so i had thought back then) and so i gathered the letters and tried to arrange them so they looked like a name. That is the birth of  Zhoyzu.

Strangely enough i went through all of my life thinking i invented the name (its my alias i use for quite literally everything), but a few months ago when i started playing dota some guy asked me if i was asian (im white with a red beard and blonde hair), and i jovially retorted " why u so racist!". turns out Zhoyzu might be the american or englished pronunciation for Zho Yzu which is an actual word or name somewhere. I cant confirm or deny as that info ha sonly ever been supplied once.

Well, I earned the name Rathie because I was always angry when I was out and about.

In college my friends started calling me Wrath meaning anger.

In University they changed it to Wrathy meaning intense anger.

Then I decided to spell it like this.

The name sort of stuck, probably because I'm still angry. 

I use it as a username because no one has it, I'm usually the only one with this username.

It is interesting seeing how peoples names are picked, good topic idea.

oOo0oo I love these kind of topics!

Brahmastra - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmastra

"As described in a number of the Puranas, it was considered the deadliest weapon. It was said that when the Brahmastra was discharged, there was neither a counterattack nor a defense that could stop it, except by Brahmadanda, a stick also created by Brahma. The Brahmastra never missed its mark and had to be used with very specific intent against an individual enemy or army, as the target would face complete annihilation. It was believed to be obtained by meditating on the Lord Brahma; it could only be used once in a day. The user would have to display immense amounts of mental concentration. According to ancient Sanskrit writings, the Brahmastra is invoked by a key phrase or invocation that is bestowed upon the user when given this weapon. Through this invocation the user can call upon the weapon and use it via a medium against his adversary."

I used to be into this ancient alien / god / weapon stuff back in the day.

Been using this name since 2009, mainly in first-person shooter games. I tend to use a different name for mmorpg games.

I've always had the nickname Nuka but as a Bungie fanatic, I had a pretty big thing for the elites/sangheili in Halo 2.

That being said, my name stand for Nuka 'Kal Vargun. My sangheili name.

Nuka 'Vargunee, generic sangheili warror name.

Nuka 'Vargun, after Halo 2 when the elites left the Covenant, many dropped the "ee" suffix as it meant you served the Covenant military

Nuka 'Vargunai, during my time in Halo clans, I used be one of the best in sword duels. "ai" suffix is given to swordsmen

Nuka 'Kal Vargun, I had gained a leadership position in he of the Halo clans I used to be in. I took on the name Kal as it was the middle name of someone I highly respected but left the clan because he got promoted in his real life job. Taking on a 3 letter middle name is sort of a thing for leadership ranks. Had the "ai" suffix for a while, but I decided to drop it.

the_heretic_by_jaxbug-d36nvcn.png

wort wort wort

So I took on NukaKV as my username. I used to be JaxBug but no one knew if they should call me Nuka or Jax.

When I was joining warframe, I usually had my username be the same thing (Bri5) and because I couldn't think of anything original, I looked around the room and saw Mexico on my world map, thought of taco. Looked around again and saw my book opened to something on Alexander the great, and above it was my old poster of Lord Vader (darth vader) Hence, Lord-Taco-the-Great

My name is based off of the manga/anime The Guyver (insert various titles here) My father used to rent the old VHS tapes at the video store and we would watch it together. After he died, I went out to that same store and bought the same video tapes we used to watch because they were closing that day and having a liquidation sale. Ever since then, which is when I got into online gaming this has been my alias in some way, shape or form because my dad was always sick and couldn't do much for me and it's my way of keeping him with me. The warframes do remind me of the anime quite a lot, especially ash and nyx but that's not what drew me here in the first place.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

When I was a child, I really liked Arceus, the way that he could only be obtained with a cheat at the time, the sort of mystery and thrill it brought fighting him, and so I began using this name. Now I'm beginning to commonly use X8-4i because it sounds cool, but eh. I might change my username with some plat some time soon.

oOo0oo I love these kind of topics!

Brahmastra - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmastra

"As described in a number of the Puranas, it was considered the deadliest weapon. It was said that when the Brahmastra was discharged, there was neither a counterattack nor a defense that could stop it, except by Brahmadanda, a stick also created by Brahma. The Brahmastra never missed its mark and had to be used with very specific intent against an individual enemy or army, as the target would face complete annihilation. It was believed to be obtained by meditating on the Lord Brahma; it could only be used once in a day. The user would have to display immense amounts of mental concentration. According to ancient Sanskrit writings, the Brahmastra is invoked by a key phrase or invocation that is bestowed upon the user when given this weapon. Through this invocation the user can call upon the weapon and use it via a medium against his adversary."

A Tenno Weapon named after you would be OP. 

well as for me my original IGN on all games(I mean all games) that i have played was xnoblex

You know like a noble person xD. It was what my aim at playing games was to be known as a noble person whom you can talk to easily and be fun being together in a community. 

Then i changed my name to CasuLL. This was a name of a gun from the famous vampire Alucard in Hellsing anime series. It just made me want to have the name as my character name. 

RexSol

Rex - Latin for King

Sol - Latin for Sun, in English its called "Sun" but in most other languages is called "Sol" and that's the proper scientific name for the star.

I use this name for all online games i play, or single player games where i am allowed to name my character.

This was my nickname back when IRC chat was a thing and i have been using it ever since.