Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good weapons for Mastery Rank 4.

dragonation001

Question

I could barely through any of the lvl 20 and above missions. heck can't even get through those first Phobos and Sedna missions. Currently using a Dragkoon, but that isn't doing me any favours. Being an MR4 noob, what is the decent weapons that could make things a bit easier?

13 answers to this question

In general shotguns are the way to go at that stage IMO.  The tigris is certainly good, but I don't much care for the firing mechanic of it (which is also true of the Dragoon). 

The Hek and the Sobek feel more like classic shotguns and both can be very powerful once you have the syndicate mods for each and Acid Shells for the Sobek.  I run sorties with both weapons with no problems at all.

The other way to look at it is, which weapons have you tried and liked? Put an orokin catalyst on it and you should be fine for everything on the star map basically.

The real question is how are your mods? They will make or break a weapon. If you aren't leveling up the basic mods and modding correctly for the enemies you will be facing, even the best weapons in the game aren't  going to "do you any favors," they are seriously that important.

Edited by Wopel

I know the feeling. I was using Drakgoon back then and hit the wall exactly at the same place. Drakgoon is a good weapon but not well suited against higer-ish level Grineer. It's mostly slash based damage scoring huge penalty against alloy armour (Bombards and Namalms). Also it's charge trigger doesn't help if your first shot won't kill.

Try Hek and Sobek first. Both are MR4 shotguns that can get you as far as T3-4 even without any expensive event mods. In theory Hek should preform better against Grineer due to puncture type damage but Sobek doesn't fall that far back and has huge magazine size of 20. To compensate it has 4sec reload time but by the time you need to reload the room is already empty. Just try both and put potato into one that suits you better.

Take a look also at Damage 2.0 page. It contains overview for desired elemental damage against all factions.

Redeemer. Redeemer is my answer to everything. Crowd control, tough-target-cracking, melee, ranged, and stylish to boot.

In addition, redeemer, being melee, is pretty cheap to mod (apart from the high noon stance, which maybe a pain to acquire), and doesn't really need any forma.

It also performs well up to high-level content, one-shotting sortie 2 grineers. Probably the less-tanky sortie 3 enemies as well, and can ohko most bossess.

Edited by Tomppak

Get a decent melee, Orthos Prime would be my recommendation. That weapon is my weapon, as 1024 melee kills from 1026 overall kills will testify.

And grab the Sonicor BP too, good secondary to help with crowds if you don't have a melee to run through them.

Edited by (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984

2 hours ago, Wopel said:

The real question is how are your mods? They will make or break a weapon. If you aren't leveling up the basic mods and modding correctly for the enemies you will be facing, even the best weapons in the game aren't  going to "do you any favors," they are seriously that important.

This, very much.

Just because though, some below-MR5 weapons I liked:

Braton Prime
Dread
Ignis
Kohm
Quanta
Sobek with Acid Shells
Tiberon

Akmagnus
Akstiletto (Prime FTW)
Atomos
Furis with Augment
Hikou Prime
Kulstar
Lex Prime
Sonicor
Twin Grakatas

Orthos Prime
Galatine
Redeemer

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Nope, MR 6 :P

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank#Equipment_Unlock

(Also Ignis beats it in pretty much every regard.)

Ignis is definitely my weapon of choice any time I'm being a loot@#&*( or hunting syndicate/caches. Otherwise Quanta Vandal became my weapon of choice for damage (though the Quanta is solid too for star chart) and ammo efficiency being able to both single target and crowd damage with the secondary. I don't recall ever running out of ammo with it once I got over using the secondary for fun.

Edited by Wopel