Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strongest mele weapon

(PSN)mjo0od127

Question

any weapon can kill the boss (the sergeant, captain vor) and at same time, its barely possible (Lephantis, Sargas Ruk)

if you are asking for power hungry meele (power, i need more powar !), Fragor, Scindo, War, Nikana, Jat Kittag and Mios can be your choice

but if you want some utilities beyond dealing damage, Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger, Lacera, Ninkondi, Serro, Lesion... can be used too

Edited by Zeyez

This question has several of answers. If you regularly run invisibility, the answer is the Redeemer, without a doubt. A ranged silent OHK on nearly every enemy (even in sorties), with no ammo, and the ability to ragdoll any enemy that can be ragdolled whenever you want? Sign me up. If you run a finisher frame, the answer is anything with covert lethality on it. If you have the kela mod and are fighting highly armored enemies, it's the jat kittag. However, in most situations, the deadliest heavy blade is the War, and the deadliest "light" blade is the nikana prime and dual ichor.

Edited by CrimsonDalekanium

48 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

The top 3 weapons in terms of DPS are War, Nikana Prime and Dual Ichors. In general, melee is a poor choice for fighting bosses however, as they usually have strong attacks at close range and/or need to be hit in their weakpoints to do damage. 

Dual Ichors? Lol. The absolutely strongest weapons in the dual class are Dual Kamas Prime. After that, it will be Prisma Dual Cleavers. So I guess that makes Dual Ichors be at 3rd place, if there is nothing else stronger than it.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)mjo0od127 said:

I use broken war is it good ?

Second best of all single handed melee weapons in based damage, yea its aight, design is ugly as sin and its a copout weapon but yea.

But heavy? Scindo Prime as with the brokk (EDIT: Sorry its manticore) skin it beats the war LONG LIVE SCINDO

Edited by AurumandArgentum

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Dual Ichors? Lol. The absolutely strongest weapons in the dual class are Dual Kamas Prime. After that, it will be Prisma Dual Cleavers. So I guess that makes Dual Ichors be at 3rd place, if there is nothing else stronger than it.

The Dual Ichors have 25% crit chance and a 3.0x crit damage compared to the Kamas' 15% and 2.0x. When blood rush gets going, the dual ichors take the lead.

As you can see from the other answers, there are a lot of viable choices - it comes down to personal preference and playstyle.

Personally, I recommend Redeemer because it is very flexible (and I tend to run either stealth frames, or frames that are already good at melee (Valkyr), or frames that would rather keep distance (Nyx). War is also nice, but honestly, the way it's wielded and used looks a bit weird.

4 hours ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

The Dual Ichors have 25% crit chance and a 3.0x crit damage compared to the Kamas' 15% and 2.0x. When blood rush gets going, the dual ichors take the lead.

Yes, but only that Dual Kamas Prime have good crit stats themselves, on top of having double the base damage. Should I mention that they also have attacks with momentum? That is priceless.

Prisma Dual Cleavers have about the same stats as the Ichors, only that those have a Syndicate mod. Plus they have attacks with momentum and their attacks stagger the enemies with every hit. Kinda hard to defeat for Dual Ichors.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yes, but only that Dual Kamas Prime have good crit stats themselves, on top of having double the base damage. Should I mention that they also have attacks with momentum? That is priceless.

Prisma Dual Cleavers have about the same stats as the Ichors, only that those have a Syndicate mod. Plus they have attacks with momentum and their attacks stagger the enemies with every hit. Kinda hard to defeat for Dual Ichors.

Dual Ichors have much better damage type than Kamas, and higher attack speed and higher crit. Being able to deal pure corrosive, for example, makes them substantially better than the mix that the Kamas have. Also the higher crit chance and inately higher attack speeds makes them substantially better with Berseker to the point that momentum just doesn't matter. Unless you are spamming quick attack against heavies momentum really doesn't matter that much. With high end fits (Bloodrush, body count, berserker, max crit) the Ichors edge them on raw DPS and the Ichors get the bonus of being one single damage type to increase their situational DPS higher. Kamas are a fine weapon, don't get me wrong. But they aren't as good as Ichors, and both fall behind Nikana Prime and War and the real top end melee weapons.

Prisma Cleavers are kinda moot as far as most players are concerned because they are incredibly expensive and cannot be earned by conventional means. Sure, if you wanna spend out they are great but IMHO if you can't go build them through traditional game mechanics then they don't count as something accessible to most players, especially since (at present) the supply will only decrease and the price will always increase. Their max crit build only gets up past the paper DPS of others at very long combos lengths (ie when it passed into always red critting) and while that's possible it's hardly practical. Something like a Nikana Prime or Scindo Prime is a better all purpose weapon IMHO.

Edited by LostAlone

Nope.

At higher levels Slash with status chance is better than anything else. Due to how armour scaling works the Ichors will be left behind in no time. That's incidentally also the reason why Scindo Prime still kills faster than War when levels start to scale.

That's also incidentally the reason why Lacera is one of the most insane melees in the game if you can get an attack speed boost. 100% Corrosive procs will make you do upwards of 20/40x the damage of other melees at higher levels.

The only weapon that can currently compete with a Slash heavy proc based weapon as far as damage goes is the Fragor Prime due to its ridiculous crit chance and damage.

If you want to look at the heaven of melees, here's a list:

• Scindo Prime
  • Nikana Prime
  • Fragor Prime
  • Prisma Dual Cleavers / Dual Kamas Prime (roughly equivalent)
  • Any single dagger with Ash / Ivara
  • Lacera / Mios

Unless you have a portable and constant armour remover on your hands (and only Trinity works in that respect, with Ash and Banshee almost maing the cut but not quite) those are far superior to anything else. Armour is the S#&$ at higher levels, if you're not procing finisher damage on level 170+ you'll do close to zero damage regardless of the weapon you're using.

EDIT: Ichors btw are slower than Kamas (1.1 vs 1.17). On top of that Kamas also get higher range, and twice as much slide attack damage.

Edited by Autongnosis

7 hours ago, LostAlone said:

Dual Ichors have much better damage type than Kamas, and higher attack speed and higher crit. Being able to deal pure corrosive, for example, makes them substantially better than the mix that the Kamas have. Also the higher crit chance and inately higher attack speeds makes them substantially better with Berseker to the point that momentum just doesn't matter. Unless you are spamming quick attack against heavies momentum really doesn't matter that much. With high end fits (Bloodrush, body count, berserker, max crit) the Ichors edge them on raw DPS and the Ichors get the bonus of being one single damage type to increase their situational DPS higher. Kamas are a fine weapon, don't get me wrong. But they aren't as good as Ichors, and both fall behind Nikana Prime and War and the real top end melee weapons.

Dual Ichors have slower base attack speed than Dual Kamas Prime, I suggest you study the stats again. Also, the Kamas have +5% more status chance, 2x the base damage, and ofc the momentum, which makes them pretty great. I don't know, I would say I have plenty of reasons to use those over Dual Ichors.