The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When I was a baby space ninja...

Golgek

my favorite weapons were the jaw sword, aklato, and the mk1 braton. the only thing i could customize for color was my warframe, and all missions were only done on the corpus ship tile set, and the only creatures in the infested were runners and ancients. and if i wanted i could make any weapon into a rainbow build. the frost had just come out, and volt was considered one of the most overpowered warframes in the game. the modding system was more like a skill tree that you could become incredibly overpowered with, and not to mention the starchart was so much cooler.

ah... what a time, back in closed beta.

Edited by lightdragon64

... bought Orokin Cells in the market, I was in a hurry to build

... bought Shade with plat

... bought revives and an Omni ammo box with my starter plat (I still have that ammo box in my inventory as a reminder, lol)

... was so pleased as a pig in a puddle when I got my first Split Chamber

... avoided Infested missions (in Mercury, mind you) until I built an Orthos

... spammed Excal's Slash Dash like Exalted Blade today

... sold some of my R5 cores for credits

... sold my rank 8 Sicarus (I knew about gaining mastery by leveling up weapons to 30, but I hated using it so much that I said "Screw it" and sold it)

... thought Rhino was the best Warframe there was, so I built two (1 with a V aura, 1 with a dash aura)

I built 4 frosts because I though leveling a newly built one gives mastery.

We still played xini infested defense to level our stuff and sold rare 5 cores for credits because it was the best way of income. Those cores also dropped like on every 5th enemy back then.

Edited by Genoscythe

when i first got the game on PS4 i looked up a starting guide i knew about prime things but didn't know how to get them, so when the video told me to buy a orokin reactor i thought "wow its super easy to get prime warframes" and i blame the description of the orokin reactor it had the word supercharge that was what it got me exited.

I sold an undamaged Intensify and kept a damaged Intensify because I didn't know the difference. Took me months to find an undamaged Intensify after I realized my mistake.

I bought my first warframe (Trinity) with platinum because I didn't know you could craft warframes.

I bought a Neurode BP for 100p because I thought it cost credits, not platinum. This was actually over a year after I started playing, I very quickly noticed my mistake.

• I chose Volt as my starter
  • I sold many supercharged weapons and Warframes, especially the Snipetron, which I never ranked up
  • I was still in school by the time Excalibur Prime was introduced and wasn't able to buy it
  • I died to the Stalker's Braton Vandal and Cronus many times
  • I feared the Infested and the dark environments
  • I became a fan of Frost only because Xini was a Defense mission and we used to grind it non-stop, even the Stalker which appeared literally every mission
  • I didn't know about the game Dark Sector nor about its original concept
  • My clan consisted of very few members and even fewer played together with me
  • I literally spent hours on the forums and was occasionally rude and sarcastic
  • I never used Forma on my gear and was generally weaker compared to my clan mates, accumulating up to well over 150 blueprints
  • I used auto-install for my gear all the time
  • Strun was my favorite weapon right before Mastery Rank 4, when I swapped to the Hek and loved sniping enemies across large rooms
  • I missed a few events because I easily burnt-out
  • I was too weak to ever be able to get the Primed Chamber mod
  • I am terrible at marketing which made me lose on a lot of Platinum, or simply because I did not care enough
  • I got captured by the Harvester once and by the Gustrag Three a few times more than the Harvester
  • Keyla and Raptor were extremely difficult bosses without a proper squad
  • I didn't know about a lot of features until a later date and still chose to not update myself properly due to sheer laziness

What else?

Edited by JRMC

When I was a baby space Ninja, I

-literally played as a Ninja and thought that covers mattered

- started with Ninja silent weapons and fell in love with it, still using Bows and explosive throwing weapons

- Bought Daikyu with plat even though I knew it was in the Dojo and for that-

- Made a Dojo the size of a Moon clan Dojo, then recently installed an emblem just to make it feel "complete" even though it's only me and my two friends in the Clan

- Unlike most new players begging and asking for stuff in the region... me being an MMO player made me research everything to be how I am today without paying for anything except for Daikyu and Ash (regret nothing)

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

Sold lvl 27 Cronus, because "meh I don't need that mastery" , I have not been able to recover it since then. In fact I'm farming it right now.

EDIT: I got it just after posting this :DDDD

Edited by Hayzemet

Just now, Hayzemet said:

Sold lvl 27 Cronus, because "meh I don't need that mastery" , I have not been able to recover it since then. In fact I'm farming it right now.

Strip your gear, Cronus drops when you're equiped with low conclave score.

2 hours ago, Monsterwithin said:

I sold tons of my weapons at 8-28 ranks, from trying them out, and selling them to make slots.

Basically this, but i knew about mastery. 

Also i did alot of research into the game before downloading so i woudnt have a hard time so i didnt do anything stupid. XD 

but kinda do regret having to sell weapons for slots without maxing them first when i didnt know what draco was to level em really fast. 

As a baby tenno, I didn't make many of the mistakes the above people did.

However, when the oxium osprey event came out, and I got the frost prime bp, I went ballistic trying to figure out where frost prime's parts dropped.

an age and a half later, the void came out, and my sanity was restored.

Frost prime is still my main frame today.

Here's a good one from one of my former clanmates:

He bought the Founders Pack without actually knowing what it did.

When he logged into the game and noticed he now had two Excaliburs, the regular (his starter) and the Prime, he went "What? I don't need two Excaliburs" and sold Excalibur Prime for credits. And never got it back because he was too lazy to go to Support. He was teased a lot by the rest of the clan.

As a baby tenno, i furiously was trying to get a controll module from hyena when it was a small scaled Jackal, using an unmodded braton, and tons and tons of rifle ammo boxes (Before ammo restores where normal), same went with Sargas Ruk's pre-rework (Darn you and your constant bullet attractor!)