Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframe release schedule speculation

Ok so I am just speculating but I think I have figured out the prime release schedule,given that the status quo remains unchanged by the umbra's or any unforeseen rework also the releases usually come every 3 or 4 months so to give DE the benefit of the doubt I will be using 4 months for everything past nekros as to go any further with the 3 or 4 will end up with every date under the sun so these will be the latest possible months based on past releases.

Nekros Prime - August or September ,2016

Banshee Prime - January 2017

Valkyr Prime - May 2017

Oberon Prime - September 2017

Hydroid Prime - January 2018

Zephyr Prime - May 2018

Mirage Prime- September 2018

Limbo Prime -January 2019 

Chroma Prime - May 2019

Mesa Prime - September 2019

Equinox Prime -January 2020

Atlas Prime -May 2020

Wukong Prime -September 2020

Ivara Prime -January 2021

Titania Prime (fairy frame) - May 2021

Nezha Prime -September 2021

Inaros Prime - January 2022 

This list is probably The list of all Prime Warframes as it ends at the 10th year of the game and if Warframe lasts that long I'm all for it but its most likely not going to get that far without a full release and future mod support like Skyrim or Fallout Four has personally cant wait for Valkyr Prime and Oberon Prime ,good luck DE and to the future Tenno myself included trying to farm all of these and the regular frames that come out in the mean time    

Wow 2020! and thats just for what we have, not including the new frames they will undoubtedly make along the way (like Titania)

I wonder if the primes release date is more dependent on being able to design the new model, prime features and drop locations or on the length of time they assume wallets need to recover from the previous purchase. It would be interesting to see some lore developed to explain why we ave prime and non prime warframes to begin with. Could lore like that bring forth a need to pump out primes at a faster rate? I dont know if i can wait that long but really hope DE is still supporting warframe by that time :)

Congratulations, you found out what everyone else already knew about.

Seriously, if you've ever bought a Prime Accessories pack on Day 1, you'd know that the 90 day boosters expire just as a new Prime Access comes around. That's why they're at 90 days.

On 6/20/2016 at 8:38 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

Congratulations, you found out what everyone else already knew about.

Seriously, if you've ever bought a Prime Accessories pack on Day 1, you'd know that the 90 day boosters expire just as a new Prime Access comes around. That's why they're at 90 days.

Yes I knew that I was just putting the frames in order cos I had not seen that done anywhere and I don't think many realised at the current rate prime releases would go to the 2020's. Also if you look anywhere it is not always 90 days between releases it's between 90 and 120 days , I used 120 for reasons explained above, or did you just look at the list and not read anything else? 

Edited by (PS4)frosthawk2815

1 hour ago, (PS4)frosthawk2815 said:

Yes I knew that I was just putting the frames in order cos I had not seen that done anywhere and I don't think many realised at the current rate prime releases would go to the 2020's. Also if you look anywhere it is not always 90 days between releases it's between 90 and 120 days , I used 120 for reasons explained above, or did you just look at the list and not read anything else? 

The only Prime Accesses that's lasted around 120 days are those that go through the holiday season, when DE can't work.

Who cares about the new primes (okay, I do) but what I really want is the new prime sentinel! With Wyrm in the Void, Carrier is the only one available. I predict we'll see another prime sentinel sooner rather than later!

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

There will only be one Umbra, and that will be Excalibur as a substitute for Excalibur Prime for the masses.

So there can't be Umbra Primes

that is how umbra hype started.. the devs since did say that umbra stuff is gonna be lore tied ...sooo nothing is sure here 

It'd be kinda nice if they could have a couple of Prime Access at the same time or something, just to get to some of the more recent frames a bit faster. Some people (Like myself) have found more recent frames to be more WAY more fun, like Ivara, Inaros, and Nezha. But I guess I can just wait on Zephyr...

6 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

There will only be one Umbra, and that will be Excalibur as a substitute for Excalibur Prime for the masses.

incorrect tenno , i dont think you understood my meaning

Spoiler

per DE there will be a whole NEW line of warfranmes preceding "umbra excalibur" called the umbra warframes

the description of frames to follow Excalibur Umbra are called the Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes)

they wont have prime umbras combos , i said umbra variations, because umbra is a dark counterpart to primes

prime and umbra types are roughly equivalent in performance

so i was stating that if we dont get the prime variations anytime soon, then there is a chance the umbra variation can arrive earlier

vanilla frame

prime frame

umbra frame

3 types

the only restrictive factor is not all frames will have an umbra variation (also per de)

if you have any more questions or need to update your knowledge 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
added link megathread (to get others up to speed)

• 3 months later...

So basically there's a chance that DE might 'umbra' some frames instead of priming them; which to be fair, would be preferable then simply adding a prime version. Might even have a dual release schedule, as they'd still have to work on new content as well.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:24 AM, SilvaDreams said:

We can not know there will only be one umbra as it is not even released yet.  Seems like a waste to put all that effot into one frame. DE is great at re-use, I would expect there to be LOTS of umbras because it increases the number of frames by like 2x and depending on how they are implimented, it may be less work...

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's why I wish DE stop making new frames for awhile to push ahead the schedule of new primes. Apparently DE doesn't think it's a good idea, so have fun waiting for new primes like how we waiting for TWW.

Second that. A rework of a few of the frames might breathe some life into them and still generate sales through the market via direct purchase or purchase of cosmetics etc.