Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is where Warframe comes from

cob_metallica

many of you know Dark sector, the game from DE as well the Warframe "Precursor" which definitely share some vibes with Warframe.
i'd like to show you the Dark Sector's Concept from DE before they released the game.
DarkSector was released on March 2008 so except this concept video to be older, Dark sector isnt at all as the game concept shows but i let you guys still check this video and notice all things we know/live on Warframe :) they already had Liset, Grineer, Jackal Prototype, the same way to extract from a ship, etc..

Enjoy this video

Edited by cob_metallica

2 minutes ago, cob_metallica said:

not at all i've noticed, some guys didnt even know about Dark Sector game

Well it's nice of you to bring it up for newer players to see. By "a lot of us" he probably meant the ones who were here for a while now.

Digital Extremes has stated, various times, that the universe does and does not corelate with Warframe's universe and, at this point, it's extremely confusing but it's best to believe that they do not.

For those who don't know, the only reason this game wasn't released was because publishers thought the concept would not be popular among players. - I'm not sure, but I believe this was the original article about it. It provides more information, for those interested.

Edited by JRMC

2 minutes ago, funtimehippie said:

dark sector and warframe are not canon to one another, though warframe is inspired by the original dark sector concept, they arnt connected in any other way

well we can obviously notice some common vibes to Warframe and this game concept from DE as well, and thats kinda the point to get

Just now, cob_metallica said:

well we can obviously notice some common vibes to Warframe and this game concept from DE as well, and thats kinda the point to get

i guess that's true, i see warframe as the original dark sectors spiritual successor 

"the game from DE as well with the same universe than Warframe (Hayden tenno aka the first excalibur [Proto-Excal skin] comes from this game which takes place before Warframe)" only reason i responded was to correct you

7 minutes ago, funtimehippie said:

i guess that's true, i see warframe as the original dark sectors spiritual successor 

"the game from DE as well with the same universe than Warframe (Hayden tenno aka the first excalibur [Proto-Excal skin] comes from this game which takes place before Warframe)" only reason i responded was to correct you

Indeed i'm going to edit it

46 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Digital Extremes has stated, various times, that the universe does and does not corelate with Warframe's universe and, at this point, it's extremely confusing but it's best to believe that they do not.

For those who don't know, the only reason this game wasn't released was because publishers thought the concept would not be popular among players. - I'm not sure, but I believe this was the original article about it. It provides more information, for those interested.

Thanks for posting that article!

DE has even stated that they intended to make warframe at that time but the game market wasnt in the fad of futuristic games. The styles and demands at that time were too different so DE made dark sector and waited. I dont recall which DEvstream Steve went over this though.