Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I did a thing... and it works. (Mod Capacity)

zooke90909

So I have been using my Dread for quite some time now, it takes up ~45% of my playtime. I have been using the same mods on it from the start, so I never really change anything with it. Today, I clicked on upgrades to view the mods again, and I saw this:

Spoiler

bud4i9s.jpg?1

I can still use the weapon, and I have no idea how long it has been like this. All I know is that I am not touching a single mod on this.

Edit: Went looking through some of my old weapons I haven't used in a long time. More images in bound.

Spoiler

uJWdxJN.jpg?1

VlB63lF.jpg?1

Second Edit: I went to a warframe build... builder, and put in all of these mods again (for the dread). This is what it should look like:

Spoiler

tg4tduN.png?1

Edited by zooke90909

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Cryo rounds used to cost 9 points.

what he said. when DE changed cryo rounds to cost more points, it left a lot of players that had it equipped with a negative cumulative balance on things that were maxed out but had it equipped. just don't change anything on it and it'll always stay that way.

in addition to the noted that Cryo Rounds went up in cost a long ways back - you could just switch High Voltage and one of the Crit Mods and be positive in points again, since it would have lower total cost.

then you could Equip Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger because it's a direct upgrade with no downsides.

5 minutes ago, XtheMATTx said:

Just letting you know, when a weapon/warframe has negative mod points, it chooses a mod and makes it not active. You're not getting the most out of your dread

Well, there's only one cold mod combining with the electricity mod to a magnetic damage.

If OP can confirm that their Dread deals magnetic damage (just proc the status) then the mod does work actually :P

10 minutes ago, XtheMATTx said:

Just letting you know, when a weapon/warframe has negative mod points, it chooses a mod and makes it not active. You're not getting the most out of your dread

I've never heard of this. Where is it stated?

wikipedian_protester.png

2 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

I've never heard of this. Where is it stated?

wikipedian_protester.png

Its not stated anywhere, but its definitely a thing. Since not many people would have an issue of negative mod points its not common knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Well, there's only one cold mod combining with the electricity mod to a magnetic damage.

If OP can confirm that their Dread deals magnetic damage (just proc the status) then the mod does work actually :P

Its not stated anywhere, but its definitely a thing. Since not many people would have an issue of negative mod points its not common knowledge.

I am testing it now. I do deal magnetic damage still, still shooting fast, and still grabbing a new arrow fast. Still doing a lot of damage, and I never fail to get a crit. Seems like all my mods are working.

Edited by zooke90909

1 minute ago, zooke90909 said:

I am testing it now. I do deal magnetic damage still, still shooting fast, and still grabbing a new arrow fast. Still doing a lot of damage, and I never fail to get a crit. Seems like all my mods are working.

Weird, cause when it happened to my Frost recently. A few of my mods were not working.

1 minute ago, XtheMATTx said:

Weird, cause when it happened to my Frost recently. A few of my mods were not working.

if it happened recently, it wasn't what the OP is talking about because what he's talking about happened a while back when the cold mod went from 9 to 11. it has to be something else. when i wound up with a negative number, the things i had it equipped on continued working as always with no drop in anything.

3 minutes ago, zooke90909 said:

Having too much mod drain like this doesn't remove a mod. It just lowers total damage.

Your total damage is not as high as it should be. For a Serration of that rank, you should have 500 base damage before even considering multishot. You have 380. Remove a mod or put in a mod with 1 less drain.

10 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

Having too much mod drain like this doesn't remove a mod. It just lowers total damage.

Your total damage is not as high as it should be. For a Serration of that rank, you should have 500 base damage before even considering multishot. You have 380. Remove a mod or put in a mod with 1 less drain.

Just went to a warframe builder website, and you are correct. I edited the post with the image from that website... Looks like I have some modding to do.

2 minutes ago, zooke90909 said:

Just went to a warframe builder website, and you are correct. I edited the post with the image from that website... Looks like I have some modding to do.

you really can't go by that since it takes place after the mod point increase. we're talking about it being on before the increase and whether it affected the damage output or not. and like i said in a previous post on here, i wound up with a negative number with no effect to my damage output whatsoever when DE increased the cost as long as it was already installed.

2 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

you really can't go by that since it takes place after the mod point increase. we're talking about it being on before the increase and whether it affected the damage output or not. and like i said in a previous post on here, i wound up with a negative number with no effect to my damage output whatsoever when DE increased the cost as long as it was already installed.

I re-modded my Dread, and it does more damage now than it did before. It is all the same mods, just switched two around.

Spoiler

ka5zv28.jpg?1

Not nearly as much as that website states, but still more.

4 minutes ago, zooke90909 said:

I re-modded my Dread, and it does more damage now than it did before. It is all the same mods, just switched two around.

Hide contents

ka5zv28.jpg?1

Yeah, I knew your stats were way off. Glad you got it fixed.

9 minutes ago, zooke90909 said:

Hide contents

ka5zv28.jpg?1

since the order mods are used goes from top left to bottom right, maybe the simple act of changing the order in which you have them is what affected your damage output

Only fighting Corpus or something? Toxin would work better than magnetic.

I will never understand why people use Fast Hands on bows. You can maybe a tiny fraction of a second reduction between shots; just use that time for aiming, and slot a crit or damage mod in there and your weapon will scale much better.

Modding your weapon to your preference is important, yes, but sometimes the bonus you get is so negligible that it's a non-choice.

1 hour ago, Magicfingers said:

since the order mods are used goes from top left to bottom right, maybe the simple act of changing the order in which you have them is what affected your damage output

I'm 99% sure that's not how modding works in warframe.

Regardless of the order (besides status effect mods) it shouldn't matter.

Edited by XtheMATTx

2 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

I think you are confused with companion precepts last time I checked they were the only mods that do that.