Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tomatoing a warframe?

UGOTCOOKIES

Question

So is Tomatoing a warframe really worth it? I just added one to my trinity prime and was planning to use power drift until I realised the exilus mod doesnt give addition mod capacity like the aura mod. (I couldnt fit in power drift due to mod capacity.)  So now im left feeling I wasted a tomato and wondering if its even worth it since I have to forma my trinity just to use the exilus mod slot. What do my fellow Tenno think of Tomatoing?

Edited by UGOTCOOKIES

30 minutes ago, Voidflow said:

A pretty butterfly  

Some nice flowers :D

Yeah I'd say that a tomato, while not absolutely essential, does give you some extra elbow room for builds.  Definitely tomato your most-used frames.

Edited by Omnimorph

42 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I've used a Tomato on every Frame, Enemy Sense (maybe barring Banshee / Ivara) is way too useful not to have :D

[And no, that paltry 18m from just Animal Instinct isn't enough, 48m however ... yowza.]

On my Ivara I have Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar, and Stealth Drift, as well as Animal Instinct on my pet.

I see ALL the enemies.

This "tomatoe" term seems very forced.. Lol

developers - "hey I know! We will call it exilus adaptor!" 

Community - "tomatoe?"

developers - "oxium.."

community - "French fries?"

developers - "neurodes......"

community - "a fork!"

developers - "-_-"

XD

Edited by (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0

1 hour ago, DiosGX said:

And if you don't think it's worth it, try playing vs enemies higher than lvl 30 first.

You can fight enemies at higher levels just fine without at that slot.

On some frames it's more important than on others. Iirc on trinity power drift + intensify allows you to hit the damage reduction cap on blessing.
Sometimes you might want to use coaction drift, so you can remove all the armor without having 4 corrosive projections.

That's really when the exilus slot makes the biggest difference.

If that means it is worth the time and forma to actually being able to use really depends on how much you use your frame.

If you love the frame YES it is worth it. Rush, Power drift, Coaction drift, Cunning drift are useful mods. The only downside is most likely you will have to forma your frame due to lack of points. The frames that I dont use well I just level it up and thats it.

I use an exilus slot and slap Power Drift on most frames, because hey-ho, lil' bit of extra power strength. If resources aren't a problem, then grabbing the extra slot is really a no-brainer. With that said, if you can't or don't want to use an exilus adapter for whatever reason, it's not gonna massively gimp you, either. 

Just now, Berserkerkitten said:

I use an exilus slot and slap Power Drift on most frames, because hey-ho, lil' bit of extra power strength. If resources aren't a problem, then grabbing the extra slot is really a no-brainer. With that said, if you can't or don't want to use an exilus adapter for whatever reason, it's not gonna massively gimp you, either. 

except on the aura strenght increase, that one makes a big difference on many. and, there is afterall no other way to increase a auras strenght without a drift mod.

And this is why many just say reactor or catalyst or utility slot. Otherwise half the topic becomes food. Potato was a thing then it got old. Just like "what stalker?". Its around but not the extent it once was. Tomato has never been a community thing except for a few that really can't get over the food descriptions and in turn confuses everyone as seen here.

Can't go wrong with extra slots. Forma makes it easier.

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

And this is why many just say reactor or catalyst or utility slot. Otherwise half the topic becomes food. Potato was a thing then it got old. Just like "what stalker?". Its around but not the extent it once was. Tomato has never been a community thing except for a few that really can't get over the food descriptions and in turn confuses everyone as seen here.

Can't go wrong with extra slots. Forma makes it easier.

THANK YOU for such common sense in 3 lines.

2 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

except on the aura strenght increase, that one makes a big difference on many

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like it really kind of doesn't, TBH.

Sure, there's the whole reaching 100% Armor removal with 3x CP instead of 4x dealio
(except, unless I misunderstood the mathings, each of the CP users must use Coaction Drift,
meaning you end up with 6 needed Mods when you could've just used 4x CP instead ... yay?)
but other than that I'm hard pressed to think of a case where it's an obvious choice over other Exilus Mods.

Please, do educate me if I'm just Lex-Luthor-wrong on this topic.

Edited by NinjaZeku

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like it really kind of doesn't, TBH.

Sure, there's the whole reaching 100% Armor removal with 3x CP instead of 4x dealio
(except, unless I misunderstood the mathings, each of the CP users must use Coaction Drift,
meaning you end up with 6 needed Mods when you could've just used 4x CP instead ... yay?)
but other than that I'm hard pressed to think of a case where it's an obvious choice over other Exilus Mods.

Please, do educate me if I'm just Lex-Luthor-wrong on this topic.

If you have a "set group" it allows you to min max better (do you really need Rush or Enemy Radar in a defense mission? And being able to get another Aura in there would probably be better in that case as well). As for PuG's CP doesn't seem to be the "standard" loadout all the time so, it in fact is better than the base mod alone.

Edited by Wopel