The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wall run?? - please bring back!!

(PSN)Tiburon

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

As for the topic - I want wallrun. Not as it was, because hopping is more comfortable, and actually looks good as long as you don't need to do more than one hops on one surface before jumping away. However if you're going long distance it looks awkward and is as clunky to steer as wallrun was. Tune it up and add it, along with hopping, and everyone will be happy.

If you manage to bring wallflip and object vaulting I'll be even happier.

I find it very responsive and not clunky at all.

Even if you have actually used parkour 1.0 and were around with Stamina, my argument still stands that the whole thing was an absolute mess and trying to bring any aspect of it back is a waste of already tight development time.

I can see that your rose tinted glasses are firmly in place and nothing I say or how much I actually explain of how bad it was will change your opinion on it, so I'm done wasting my time.

Too complicated for console players and, by extension, for everyone, including DEvs.
There's just not enough buttons on a gamepad. Superiority my hind.

Edited by LABAL

1 minute ago, SirCarmen said:

Even if you have actually used parkour 1.0 and were around with Stamina, my argument still stands that the whole thing was an absolute mess and trying to bring any aspect of it back is a waste of already tight development time.

Walrun had one advantage over wallhop - it was a bit faster. And this element I do think we need - 10% to 15% faster wallhop. And I dont think its any waste of time since DE already has a backdoor into this stat coz Mirage has slightly faster moves than the rest.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tiburon said:

Ok so I see there are a thread or two about this, but I wanted to reissue this request.

I just came back to Warframe after at least a good year or more. Previously I played religiously amassing just about every Warframe there was.  Needless to say... holy fiddle sticks has this game changed!  Much to my dismay however is the wall running (and flip) that had existed previously is no longer.

What the heck happened? Who the hell thought a bunny jump was better?!?! Seriously though, I dunno why such a small thing tweaked me but it did. Game feels less flowing and parkour-ish, the wall bunny hop is just awful, like seriously awful.

Even after playing for a few hours on the new version I can't stand it, I miss being able to slide down a wall and shoot enemies, or run around a bend and think...holy S#&$ that was awesome. Now it feels like some sorta cheap replacement...

New UI is ok, seems a lot larger and more intrusive. I liked the previously minimalistic UI - it felt more like me being the Tenno and less i'm Robert Downy Jr. playing Iron Man. I also really miss the level up sound, was way cooler. Now it sounds like I tripped an alarm or something, I realize most of this stuff is minor little things. But honestly, i'd be willing to bet a lot of the little things that got people hooked are why they got hooked in the first place...remove those and enter Game01 land. Go-go generic game.

Kudos on the content (amount), impressive!

you cant wall run in warframe ? which warframe are you playing ? is there a version for the old nintendos or ataris from the 90's in black&white ? (^^

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, SirCarmen said:

I can see that your rose tinted glasses are firmly in place and nothing I say or how much I actually explain of how bad it was will change your opinion on it, so I'm done wasting my time.

And I respect that you don't back down easily, however. Why can't you see that I don't wan't to just bring it back, I want to bring it back better. What the old wall run needed was a fix of its glitches, not a replacement. It is true that both systems are good in their own ways when not looking at the downsides, Parkour 1.0 was faster and had style Parkour 2.0 is more practical and looks funny when you have the Easter Bunny ears equiped (too bad those are only avaliable during Easter), but there are still are downsides.

Parkour 1.0 had its glitches no doubt, but both 1.0 and 2.0 are hard to controll. Yes I said it, BOTH.

56 minutes ago, AutoPhox said:

Honestly, if its more than two hops, or if im going vertical,its difficult to steer. I still feel like a floppy fish and cant hit a landing when im wall hopping.

Clearly I am not alone ont that statement either.^^

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Parkour 1.0 had its glitches no doubt, but both 1.0 and 2.0 are hard to controll. Yes I said it, BOTH.

Parkour 2.0 is stupidly easy to control... I don't see how anybody can think its remotely hard to control.

But the old wall run did need a replacement, not just a fix of its glitches. The whole way it worked did not work for most of the in-game tilesets, and was useless in most situations.

8 minutes ago, black7coat said:

you cant wall run in warframe ? which warframe are you playing ? is there a version for the old nintendos or ataris from the 90's in black&white ? (^^

I would like to play Warframe on the Sega Neptune :)

PS: Off topic, I know, but good on you if you get the refrence.

6 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Parkour 2.0 is stupidly easy to control... I don't see how anybody can think its remotely hard to control.

-snip_

Yes, stupidly easy, when it doesn't decide to randomly switch between vertical and horizantal hops withought warning, because of very slight change in camera angle, that could have even been caused by the terrain if you are in an inclosed and very compact space. Other then that it is stupidly easy.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Yes, stupidly easy, when it doesn't decide to randomly switch between vertical and horizantal hops withought warning, because of very slight change in camera angle, that could have even been caused by the terrain if you are in an inclosed and very compact space. Other then that its is stupidly easy.

That actually never happens to me, lol.

It only changes when I want it to change. 

54 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Clearly some people want it back and some don't, so why not both I ask.

The Devs would have to always consider two systems while they clearly wanted the second one for their game. Creating new Tiles or maybe even new moves would always mean  they'd have to think about the new comfortable and the old clunky system. I love the new parkour, it's finally useful.

1 minute ago, lukshu said:

The Devs would have to always consider two systems while they clearly wanted the second one for their game. Creating new Tiles or maybe even new moves would always mean  they'd have to think about the new comfortable and the old clunky system. I love the new parkour, it's finally useful.

Well so far the tiles seem to be compatable with both, even though the old ones weren't made to suit the new system.

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Just try moving your mouse around while wall hopping and thank me later.

Exactly, it requires actual control using the mouse... do you want to be able to move the camera around freely while running on a wall? Without it effecting the direction you're climbing?

4 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Exactly, it requires actual control using the mouse... do you want to be able to move the camera around freely while running on a wall? Without it effecting the direction you're climbing?

Yes, yet another thing I miss from the old wall run.

Edit: Not everyone has that precision, not everyone has the patiance to train their precision...and I am usually a patiant guy,

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Yes, yet another thing I miss from the old wall run.

So you miss a mechanic that removes any semblance of control from wall running... great.

Edited by PoisonHD

No... As a melee player I LOVE parkour 2.0 so much more than what came before it. Yes, wall hoping is odd from a physics perspective but thank the heavens they added bullet jumps and got rid of stamina. Coptering around the map put players in a situation where you either pick a weapon you could use in combat or you picked a weapon to increase your mobility. Few of those aspects overlapped. I also really didn't like vertical wall running because I play on console and manipulating the camera after each flip was a hassle.

Since Parkour 2.0 I have used parkour in actually combat a lot more than I ever did in parkour 1.0 just because manipulating the camera with one stick and movement with the other was finicky...at best. Straight impossible at worst.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

No... As a melee player I LOVE parkour 2.0 so much more than what came before it. Yes, wall hoping is odd from a physics perspective but thank the heavens they added bullet jumps and got rid of stamina. Coptering around the map put players in a situation where you either pick a weapon you could use in combat or you picked a weapon to increase your mobility. Few of those aspects overlapped. I also really didn't like vertical wall running because I play on console and manipulating the camera after each flip was a hassle.

Since Parkour 2.0 I have used parkour in actually combat a lot more than I ever did in parkour 1.0 just because manipulating the camera with one stick and movement with the other was finicky...at best. Straight impossible at worst.

This thread is more about the wall running vs wall hopping debate. Stamina was only braught up by me for no reason, but I do see your point about camera controll on console.

2 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

Agreed as well... Also would like bullet jump removed so height is a bit more meaningful again.. but generally parkour doesn't feel nearly as fun as it did with Parkour 1.0 for me. I got into this game because it had wallrunning... you could wallrun and shoot at people at the same time or wallrun and launch yourself off the wall for a melee wall attack (still possible... but it's so god damn clunky no one in their right mind uses it regularly if ever). Now parkour is disconnected.

If you want to be fast and fight the only use walls have to you is to reset your bullet jump, whereas before you could chain parkour moves together while fighting.

754.gif  

I never used the wall running. I like The ability to go to a higher area and rain hell fire on my enemies. But I doubt that they'll change it. The Old Parkour system was Absolute Crap. It wasn't even like you were wall running, it felt like your character was stuck to the wall. And lets say you wanted to stop in mid air..Nope Can't Do that, There's only 1 way and that's forward. What I'm trying to say is That the Old Wall running was Complete and Utter Crap. Most People Never really used it. They Just used the Coptering. Another thing that they could do Is have a system where you could change if you wanted to have a Bunny hop or if you wanted to have the wall running. So Each player can decide which one they want to use. It would be a good system.

Edited by darkfly0213

I cannot agree with you, wall running was broken and simply too tight. This new system is much more flexible and you can go in any direction you want when scaling a wall.

Wall running could not transition into horizontal/vertical movement as well as the other system.

The only real way to get around back in the day was coptering, because everyone knew that wall running would get you nowhere quickly, and the problem is this: if wall running returned to how it originally was, how would we tolerate being soo slow and contrived of movement?

This system is unique, I have never seen this type of parkour in any game I've played. That what makes the experience enjoyable, and the old system so broken and lackluster

48 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Yes. I do. So I could shoot at a guy while zipping past him on a wall.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Fusion GRX said:

-snip- if wall running returned to how it originally was -snip-

Why does everone just assume that DE would allow something that they new was broken to return, just as broken as it used to be, without even thinking of fixing it!!? Seriously!

The only things i actually miss are the abilities to run on walls and vaulting over objects, when i saw the trailer for the new Uranus tile set i thought that was gonna be how smooth the wallrunning was gonna be, sure i understood that was just a cutscene and that that's why it looked so smooth but it got me excited for the "what if that's it" but eh...the way it is now is works for me, better control, and being able to latch on walls is a very nice bonus.

I just wish the tile sets were updated so that parkour 2.0 can be used for more than just bullet jump mania to the finish. Secretly a part of me hopes they some day go back to parkour 1.0 and see what worked and what didn't work and then mix together with parkour 2.0, i don't mind wallhopping but just wallrunning feels a lot cooler.