The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I hate this patch so much.  I'm capable of discussing this but I don't want to throw my time away to explain my opinion to closed ears.  Know that I am a part of the player-base that dislikes the changes enough to stop playing.  Thank you if you did listen.

3 hours ago, alpine said:

Just soloed a few fissures: 

There are so few enemies (re-)spawning and you totally have to rely on RNG, that a good amount of reactant drops. If you don't bring your mandatory insta-gib gear, there is a decent chance you fail the mission, because there isn't enough reactant to close the fissure.

I just failed at 90% with 50 seconds left.

Randomly fail missions, because of random drops to get a desired random drop from a random alert with a random relict you got through a random drop from another endless mission. But hey, you can improve ur chances if you fuse some random dropped ressources into your relict. Why do I even play this game.

What He said.

Gave a like.

3 hours ago, alpine said:

Just soloed a few fissures: 

There are so few enemies (re-)spawning and you totally have to rely on RNG, that a good amount of reactant drops. If you don't bring your mandatory insta-gib gear, there is a decent chance you fail the mission, because there isn't enough reactant to close the fissure.

I just failed at 90% with 50 seconds left.

Randomly fail missions, because of random drops to get a desired random drop from a random alert with a random relict you got through a random drop from another endless mission. But hey, you can improve ur chances if you fuse some random dropped ressources into your relict. Why do I even play this game.

Asking myself that same question RIGHT NOW.

Came home looking forward to Warframe. Tried to stay positive about it all day.

Nope. The new system is utter garbage. 

Two days in the row the majority of missions on Spy and Rescue nodes.

Its like DE is trying to make their game LESS FUN to play. Its utterly ridiculous to put combat oriented missions that require Tanks on SPy nodes. Just...stop it already.

Oh...and lest we forget: Only 5 Fissures right now. Total. 

When there should be no fewer than 10 on the map. At all times. After all, isn't variety what they CLAIMED they were after? 

5 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Asking myself that same question RIGHT NOW.

Came home looking forward to Warframe. Tried to stay positive about it all day.

Nope. The new system is utter garbage. 

Two days in the row the majority of missions on Spy and Rescue nodes.

Its like DE is trying to make their game LESS FUN to play. Its utterly ridiculous to put combat oriented missions that require Tanks on SPy nodes. Just...stop it already.

Oh...and lest we forget: Only 5 Fissures right now. Total. 

When there should be no fewer than 10 on the map. At all times. After all, isn't variety what they CLAIMED they were after? 

Plus 1 like.

Thats another reason my PC Warframe version was uninstalled.

Eeeh try playing FTP Hawken till DE gets a clue.

23 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

I'm sorry, but I must be totally honest here. I quite simply dislike every single change that has occurred in this update. Really, I do not like *ANYTHING*. I've played this game for 3 years, 2 accounts, and I truly have never been so disappointed in all my time on this game. Let's just get to it, since this will be painful to read...

Fissures

Fissures are boring, you do the same thing over and over for EVERYTHING now. They are like an involuntary mobile defense just to get some trash you usually don't care about.

Fissures take longer because they are tied to a game type too. You need to complete the objective and then spend 5 minutes on the damn fissure.

Fissures PUNISH SOLO PLAY since you don't have optional rewards when playing alone. This disgusts me, I play alone, and now I'm being #*($%%@ by you.

Archwing Flight System

In the old system, you could change directions instantly, it was very responsive and very easy to handle, as well as being pleasant to use. Now, you add some great long sliding mechanic, so I can't go through tight gaps with any ease, I just go face-rolling into a wall 16 times before getting through a gap, this is profoundly annoying, I want the old system, with 100% friction on turning, back.

The weapon reticle has been made much larger, except now it's just a STUPID blot on the screen, making aiming harder and less comfortable. I despise it.

Credits

Oh boy, did you screw this one up... We need to stockpile credits for Baro, especially those of us who HAVE JOBS and CANT PLAY 24/7 but still want to get enough credits and ducats for Baro - which you ROYALLY #*($%%@ UP by the way.

You nerfed the Void, I'll get into that later, and now prime parts are earned from those annoying, boring fissures. Okay, but those missions don't give any credits - where the old void used to give some much needed credits.

Sorties now give no credits? Are you genuinely taking the piss? I mean, I can understand if that is a joke, but NO CREDITS? Slow down there buster, I need those credits to actually use those fusion cores that I KEEP GETTING from all of these sorties that I do. Well, not any more, I can't be arsed with Sorties now that they give no credits and I already have Nezha. What the hell is the point? Some trash weapon that I don't want? Sod off, I did sorties for the credits, since I needed them for Baro, who I actually do care about. But no, of course, screw me, I play alone and don't have the time to sit there repeatedly doing boring &#! wave 5 runs for the worst, slightest, most useless amount of credits.

Dark Sectors give half credits now! I didn't mind wave 5 Akkad for some credits, when it gave 25k. That was, just about, bearable for some last minute credits that I need for all the expensive crap that Baro usually has. Now what? 12k for wave 5 Akkad? What is this crap? You're telling me to do 30 runs of wave 5 Akkad for 300k credits which is about 1 item from Baro. Are you joking? Are you ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS

The Void

Well done, there is now, quite simply, NO reason for anyone to give a crap about the void. Great job! Why in the hell should I ever go there? What, exactly, is there that I should give the slightest crap about? No credits and no prime parts, okay, so what? Mods? I don't need more crappy mods from the challenge rooms. Tell me what the precise F*** I'm supposed to get from that map. Tell me where I'm supposed to go to get anything worth a crap. I HATE you for what you did to the Void. I LOVED that place, and look at what you did to it: It's destroyed. WHY?

What really pisses me off about this is that you took away the tower keys. Now, see, you may be ignorant of what people enjoy doing, but I really liked coming home and doing a 40 minute solo run on a T4 Survival. It was relaxing, okay? Do you get that? I found it relaxing to solo a few T4 Survival runs and do a few Hieracon runs to top up on T4 Survivals. It was tranquil, and I'd get a good couple 100ks of credits from it and a nice little pile of ducats - splendid, I could chill out. Oh but, yet again, it comes back to "F*** you, DV", so now I don't get anything worth a crap from endless survivals, and I can't do them for prime parts. Thanks, A******s. You took away the one thing that I really liked doing in this game.

Alerts

Let's keep this one short and sweet. If they're supposed to be our new source of credits, they suck, and need to be at least pentupled (Multiplied by 5) to be even worth CONSIDERING. Furthermore, the fusion core rewards are rank 1 and, as such, are worth less than scratching my balls for 10 seconds. 5 max rank fusion cores, perhaps, would be more sensible.

I agree. 

Just for reference I've got ~2700 hours in Warframe, and I have spent cash on things as well. I personally have no problem spending money on a game that I enjoy, as long as that game isn't pay to win. Im sure I have more hours into Warframe than nearly any other game I've ever played...and I've been gaming for a long time...  MUD's on BBS's 

I do like the new starmap (except for the fact that your warframe is in the middle of the map, not sure what that is about as it just makes the starmap harder to read) though I don't think there was anything wrong with the old one either. 

The fissures...sealing fissures over and over again...I dont understand how that is supposed to be less "grindy" than before. Then again I didn't see anything wrong with the old void, I enjoyed the void. The only mission type I am not a fan of is Defense missions, sure I did them to get prime parts but they were not all that enjoyable. Stand in one place and kill enemies over and over....i.e. pretty much the same thing you do while trying to seal a fissure.....now with extra nullifiers. 

Not a fan of the new Archwing movement. While you are in open space its not horrid, but on the frequent "fly through a partially wrecked ship, for a LONG time to get to your target" its a pain in the &#!. 

The Junctions. This definitely is a sore point for me...I mean I've already killed metric &#!-loads of grineer/corpus/infested, ranked mods up to 2, built a weapon that requires MR5 etc. Why the hell do I have to do all of that over again just to open the junction? Also I know in the patch notes it was stated that ALL players would have to open up the junctions, and that they would grant a significant amount of MR "

• Junctions reward players with Mastery upon completion! Please note this Mastery reward is quite large, and offsets any Mastery points lost in the Star Chart changes of nodes per planet.

I opened the Mars junction on Earth prior to checking my MR points, so I dont know if that had any affect on my points, but I did check prior to completing the Venus junction which awarded precisely 0 points. Now I don't really care about MR points, certainly not now, but accurate information would be nice to have. What else in the patch notes are inaccurate or incomplete?

This seems to me like the "more grind" update rather than anything else. Prime parts now feel like more of a grind than previously. Credit and Fusion Core rewards are down as well requiring more missions to be run for the same rewards. 

Edited by Mos-Eisley

On 14.7.2016 at 8:17 PM, RG870 said:

Dear DE, can we please have an official statement to the syndicate missions standing reward issue?

As of now, it seems the reward tables are inversed, ending up in low ranked players getting the highest rewards.

Another Hotfix, still no reaction to the above issue. We're waiting for at least a response if it's intentional or a bug.

Whatever happened to the idea of live and changing starchart with few but dynamic nodes rather than hundreds of dead static nodes? The new one feels nice but it's like a static storyline whereas everything else is dynamic like events.

On July 14, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Dark-Vortex said:

I'm sorry, but I must be totally honest here. I quite simply dislike every single change that has occurred in this update. Really, I do not like *ANYTHING*. I've played this game for 3 years, 2 accounts, and I truly have never been so disappointed in all my time on this game. Let's just get to it, since this will be painful to read...

Fissures

Fissures are boring, you do the same thing over and over for EVERYTHING now. They are like an involuntary mobile defense just to get some trash you usually don't care about.

Fissures take longer because they are tied to a game type too. You need to complete the objective and then spend 5 minutes on the damn fissure.

Fissures PUNISH SOLO PLAY since you don't have optional rewards when playing alone. This disgusts me, I play alone, and now I'm being #*($%%@ by you.

Solution

Bring back towers, without keys, and remove the alert system and fissures completely. Relics can be used in selected towers to extract a reward similar to the speed of getting an item from an Orokin Derelict Vault. This reward is taken from a room that spawns before the extraction room, and all relics must be planted into a pod in the center of that room, which subsequently dispenses an artifact. This artifact then distributes rewards upon extraction in the exact same way as the current system. Change Defense and Survival missions to 20 minutes and 20 waves, and interceptions to 3, 4 or 5 waves all counting down to 0 - whereafter you must go to extraction through this artifact room.

Furthermore, relics should not be lost in this new system, like dragon keys they do not disappear unless you *USE* them (Which all players who carry one must do, of course, not just 1 person like with a dragon key) so that when you disconnect after doing a Fissure you lose your Relic, but this way you don't lose your Relic unless you disconnect in the 5 second space between the artifact room and extraction.

Archwing Flight System

In the old system, you could change directions instantly, it was very responsive and very easy to handle, as well as being pleasant to use. Now, you add some great long sliding mechanic, so I can't go through tight gaps with any ease, I just go face-rolling into a wall 16 times before getting through a gap, this is profoundly annoying, I want the old system, with 100% friction on turning, back.

The weapon reticle has been made much larger, except now it's just a STUPID blot on the screen, making aiming harder and less comfortable. I despise it.

Solution

Reverse this completely, it's absolutely revolting.

Credits

Oh boy, did you screw this one up... We need to stockpile credits for Baro, especially those of us who HAVE JOBS and CANT PLAY 24/7 but still want to get enough credits and ducats for Baro - which you ROYALLY #*($%%@ UP by the way.

You nerfed the Void, I'll get into that later, and now prime parts are earned from those annoying, boring fissures. Okay, but those missions don't give any credits - where the old void used to give some much needed credits.

Sorties now give no credits? Are you genuinely taking the piss? I mean, I can understand if that is a joke, but NO CREDITS? Slow down there buster, I need those credits to actually use those fusion cores that I KEEP GETTING from all of these sorties that I do. Well, not any more, I can't be arsed with Sorties now that they give no credits and I already have Nezha. What the hell is the point? Some trash weapon that I don't want? Sod off, I did sorties for the credits, since I needed them for Baro, who I actually do care about. But no, of course, screw me, I play alone and don't have the time to sit there repeatedly doing boring &#! wave 5 runs for the worst, slightest, most useless amount of credits.

Dark Sectors give half credits now! I didn't mind wave 5 Akkad for some credits, when it gave 25k. That was, just about, bearable for some last minute credits that I need for all the expensive crap that Baro usually has. Now what? 12k for wave 5 Akkad? What is this crap? You're telling me to do 30 runs of wave 5 Akkad for 300k credits which is about 1 item from Baro. Are you joking? Are you ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS

Solution

Way more credits or lower prices on Baro.

The Void

Well done, there is now, quite simply, NO reason for anyone to give a crap about the void. Great job! Why in the hell should I ever go there? What, exactly, is there that I should give the slightest crap about? No credits and no prime parts, okay, so what? Mods? I don't need more crappy mods from the challenge rooms. Tell me what the precise F*** I'm supposed to get from that map. Tell me where I'm supposed to go to get anything worth a crap. I HATE you for what you did to the Void. I LOVED that place, and look at what you did to it: It's destroyed. WHY?

What really pisses me off about this is that you took away the tower keys. Now, see, you may be ignorant of what people enjoy doing, but I really liked coming home and doing a 40 minute solo run on a T4 Survival. It was relaxing, okay? Do you get that? I found it relaxing to solo a few T4 Survival runs and do a few Hieracon runs to top up on T4 Survivals. It was tranquil, and I'd get a good couple 100ks of credits from it and a nice little pile of ducats - splendid, I could chill out. Oh but, yet again, it comes back to "F*** you, DV", so now I don't get anything worth a crap from endless survivals, and I can't do them for prime parts. Thanks, A******s. You took away the one thing that I really liked doing in this game.

Solution

Same as my solution for Fissures. Get rid of fissures, introduce towers without keys, use relics to apply to a pod in a room preceding the extraction room that cannot be gotten past until all relics have been placed into the artifact. Once the artifact has all relics, it can be acquired like a Vault reward (press x, unlocks door to extraction, someone acquires artifact) and then the rewards are distributed like they are now.

Or even better, just make that artifact room the Extraction room, and so you get the reward for completing the mission but everyone just needs to press x on some artifact before the mission completes, that way, if someone got trashed and lost all lives, they can take someone elses relic but their relic cannot be used (but still gets taken). This way, relics could only be used upon completing the mission, ensuring that relics *CANNOT* be lost through disconnection. A room with an extraction wall on each corner, perhaps with a few steps leading up to it, and an artifact pod in the center, glowing away, waiting for everyone to press x on it. Once everyone has pressed x and remains inside the room (perhaps make them press x again if they leave to room, to prevent any time gaps between extraction and activation).

Hopefully I've explained myself well enough, but there are clearly MANY ways to do this which are infinitely better than this fissure S#&$ that still retains the towers.

Alerts

Let's keep this one short and sweet. If they're supposed to be our new source of credits, they suck, and need to be at least pentupled (Multiplied by 5) to be even worth CONSIDERING. Furthermore, the fusion core rewards are rank 1 and, as such, are worth less than scratching my balls for 10 seconds. 5 max rank fusion cores, perhaps, would be more sensible.

Solution

Better rewards as mentioned...

Overall, you should be utterly ASHAMED of this update. I said I would pull no punches, so I haven't, I'm being totally honest here, and am putting my anger in as real as it is - since I think that this update is degrading. I am sincerely disappointed in you as a company for putting out this trash "update". Absolutely livid about this.

Bravo 10o. Helping boost this to attention because you said what we're all thinking. Thank you for putting it into words. This update has taken nigh upon everything we love about warframe. 

I I want warframe to be warframe. I want to enjoy it again like back in U13. I want to be able to farm if I want to and my efforts to come to fruition. I want to be able to help my new friends in the void and with their own farming. I want power to be in the hands of players, not nullifiers. 

I dont want space soccer. 

I don't want space destiny. 

Warframe please stop trying to be anything else but yourself. It's not too late to undo the horrors this update has brought upon players, new or veteran. 

70 days in game time and I can't see that number going up any time soon if this is the direction the game is going to go. Lost 5 friends with this update too, disincentivizing me even further from playing. 

DE, you guys have done a great job so far on the new update. 

My only pet peeve about it is having only 100 cap on my void traces. This has be be increase may be to 300 or more 

Here is my reason

• When refining artifacts, I don't want to do unnecessary farming again just be cause I don't have enough void traces And refining artifacts would be so much more efficient cause it would feel less of a grind 

On 7/14/2016 at 4:12 PM, Dark-Vortex said:

Fissures

Solution

Bring back towers, without keys, and remove the alert system and fissures completely. Relics can be used in selected towers to extract a reward similar to the speed of getting an item from an Orokin Derelict Vault. This reward is taken from a room that spawns before the extraction room, and all relics must be planted into a pod in the center of that room, which subsequently dispenses an artifact. This artifact then distributes rewards upon extraction in the exact same way as the current system. Change Defense and Survival missions to 20 minutes and 20 waves, and interceptions to 3, 4 or 5 waves all counting down to 0 - whereafter you must go to extraction through this artifact room.

Furthermore, relics should not be lost in this new system, like dragon keys they do not disappear unless you *USE* them (Which all players who carry one must do, of course, not just 1 person like with a dragon key) so that when you disconnect after doing a Fissure you lose your Relic, but this way you don't lose your Relic unless you disconnect in the 5 second space between the artifact room and extraction.

Archwing Flight System

Solution

Credits

Solution

The Void

Solution

Same as my solution for Fissures. Get rid of fissures, introduce towers without keys, use relics to apply to a pod in a room preceding the extraction room that cannot be gotten past until all relics have been placed into the artifact. Once the artifact has all relics, it can be acquired like a Vault reward (press x, unlocks door to extraction, someone acquires artifact) and then the rewards are distributed like they are now.

Or even better, just make that artifact room the Extraction room, and so you get the reward for completing the mission but everyone just needs to press x on some artifact before the mission completes, that way, if someone got trashed and lost all lives, they can take someone elses relic but their relic cannot be used (but still gets taken). This way, relics could only be used upon completing the mission, ensuring that relics *CANNOT* be lost through disconnection. A room with an extraction wall on each corner, perhaps with a few steps leading up to it, and an artifact pod in the center, glowing away, waiting for everyone to press x on it. Once everyone has pressed x and remains inside the room (perhaps make them press x again if they leave to room, to prevent any time gaps between extraction and activation).

Hopefully I've explained myself well enough, but there are clearly MANY ways to do this which are infinitely better than this fissure S#&$ that still retains the towers.

Alerts

Solution

Overall, you should be utterly ASHAMED of this update. I said I would pull no punches, so I haven't, I'm being totally honest here, and am putting my anger in as real as it is - since I think that this update is degrading. I am sincerely disappointed in you as a company for putting out this trash "update". Absolutely livid about this.

This!!!

Plus 1 like.

Passing by to leave a little feedback on ordis fragments around maps, while not gamebreaking or even worth a priority, just adding the little feedback that after you do enough scans to have have nothing more unlocked with it on a certain planet if it was possible to like have it "painted" orange or something after that so we dont stop to try and scan it everytime we pass by it while vising the planet again later on lol

Edited by xxfiurionxx

So far I just stick around to grab some R fusion cores from alerts as I spent a lot of time and efforts in this game and building my own dojo.

I refuse to do any other missions and my clan mates never showed up since U19.

Afer over 3 years, I think I'm done.

1. Archwing controls are abysmal.
  2. Cats are MR food.
  3. Void is even MORE grind. You literally doubled the amount of grind.
  4. Oxium drops are nerfed with no reduction on building costs. Can't buy a blueprint with plat like you could with other resources.
  5. You have to pay for a left AND a right weapon placement. Really? Paying for one is enough.
  6. The third starmap is tedious to navigate. It looks great though.
  7. That marketplace UI makes me cringe. There wasn't that much stuff that we needed to search, having simple header groups was better.

I keep hearing the same thing in Dev streams, you want to simplify things. You're not doing that at all.

I cant even believe some of the feedback im reading. warframe does not and should never boil down to one map. DE did a fashionable job of moving people out of the void. the void is still there and can be played normally like before the only thing i see is some people not being honest and saying they really dont like it because now they actually have to put more time in to get parts since you cant get multiple parts in one run.

Archwing is missing flight sim controls this i totally agree the old system worked fine and didnt need a change really but if you are going to change to flight sim we need the maneuvering controls for it at the very least. 

About a previous post about fissures needing to switch more frequently. i totally agree with this 2+ hrs before switch is absurd something like 45min tops if a void ends up being a fissure spot rewards should be doubled. relic refinement is good but those rates need adjusting. sorry to say but everytime something new comes out drop tables/chance breaks i think someone else needs to be given a chance to take a crack at adjustments (i mean no disrespect to the current dev doing it). 

I believe DE needs to focus more on new players and the tools at their disposal for progression and streamline gameplay. you want new people to not feel overwhelmed and i feel the more warframe changes the more it forgets about new people trying to come in.

this update was amazing imo it needs some fine tweaks to really put it in the place it wants to be and thats simply by not forcing things onto people like relic refinement which should be optional but currently isnt (want to see that rare drop? better refine that relic) and that new archwing flight system (should have allowed players to test it and see how they feel about it before making it the only way to play spatial archwing) and not allowing helios to scan kavats for DNA? you dont want to usurp carrier but youll do it to helios without even giving it a second thought? this game is to fast paced for that kind of manual scanning and limiting people to certain frames just to get them is a step backward in versitility which this game is all about. the difficulty of the game has not changed so people talking about void got easy? sorry it didnt. all that happened was the items were moved out of it. you can still do 2hrs+ endless defense and get your face melted by those high lvl enemies. moving items doesnt change difficulty.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

7 hours ago, Wylph said:

I keep hearing the same thing in Dev streams, you want to simplify things. You're not doing that at all.

Agreed. 

Take market and star chart as examples, yes, they look good (so did the old ones) but the new UI does not simplify things as compared to the old version.  And the new star chart is even slower in terms of looking things up in there.

Edited by modalmojo

On 7/14/2016 at 5:12 PM, Dark-Vortex said:

Fissures

Solution

Archwing Flight System

Solution

Credits

Solution

The Void

Solution

Alerts

Solution

I cannot agree with this post more.  I have not seen an update this horrific inflicted on a game since Trials of Atlantis in DAoC.

I too enjoyed coming home from work, running a few Void Defenses and calling it a night.

Fissures suck.  They are boring, the tilesets suck, the missions suck, and everything is awful now.  The old void was better.  We had the freedom to play what we wanted when we wanted to.  That has been lost on this update.  Now if i want to get ducats or prime parts I have to play the same stupid mission, that I don;t want to play to begin with, over and over again.  If you're going to keep me running in a treadmill like a mouse that's fine, at least let me pick the treadmill instead of having to run obnoxious capture or rescue or spy missions over and over again.

I was going to say #$@^ it all and just invest time in archwing, but it sucks now too.

This update is a game killer for me.  I'm trying to enjoy it, but it's soo horrible I usually just log off after collecting the daily reward.  I really want my 20-40 wave causal T3D missions back

Edited by Clowee

1 minute ago, Clowee said:

I cannot agree with this post more.  I have not seen an update this horrific inflicted on a game since Trials of Atlantis in DAoC.

I too enjoyed coming home from work, running a few Void Defenses and calling it a night.

Fissures suck.  They are boring, the tilesets suck, the missions suck, and everything is awful now.  The old void was better.  We had the freedom to play what we wanted when we wanted to.  That has been lost on this update.  Now if i want to get ducats or prime parts I have to play the same stupid mission over and over again

I was going to say #$@^ it all and just invest time in archwing, but it sucks now too.

This update is a game killer for me.  I'm trying to enjoy it, but it's soo horrible I usually just log off after collecting the daily reward.

I hear you bro. I used to do so much in this game... Now... Well... I've just done 2 Hieracon runs and I'm typing that as I do my third for the night. Not much beyond this for me any more.

9 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

DE did a fashionable job of moving people out of the void.

Moved many people right out of the game more like. My clan activity has halved at least. Alliance activity is even lower.

9 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the void is still there and can be played normally like before

Good luck getting a squad to play long void survivals when the prime rewards no longer exist.

I have all the gear, so prime parts are either ducats, trading or donations to clan members/new players. The new system sucks for all three. It is ineffecient for ducats, has devalued the trade prices and made primes easy enough for everyone to get. They are no longer Prime, simply common/everyday items. In this the update hurts veteran players.

The game has become an easy race to aquire prime gear, but seemingly no actual use for that gear. In this it means that new players will not play long enough to become veterans.

That is my biggest issue with the update; it removes the whole grind for prime loot. The grind which was the very heart of Warframe. Hand in hand with the grind went the desire to make things quicker and more efficient; these are things the player would overcome with mods, upgrading gear, finding new ways to mix Warframe abilities etc. Making/modding gear that is not only effective but fun for that 40min+ survival was a large chunk of what warframe is about (at least I thought so). In it's current state DE has effectively removed that motivation to explore Warframe's weapons/gear/frames.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the new relic system saves time, I'm just not convinced that is a good thing. It cheapens the rewards.

it would be nice to find out how the new system effects DE's bottom line. 

prices for primed parts dropped due to the new system meaning people wont be buying plat (or as much plat) from DE.

- you might argue this is good but its not because before where new players can join your run and IF a good primed part drops s/he can sell it and use that plat to buy something they need for there warframe. now they can't.

A free2play game always has to rely on new players coming in to offset players who has everything/ don't buy plat. In case of Warframe, new players bring in demands for prime parts. Since all of Warframe has a healthy platinum (premium currency) relationship. Someone has to buy that plat to be circulated into the community for the new players to earn or buy. 

BUT what about (about in a Canadain accent) new players spending money? Yes about that, due to the difficulty new players might just think Warframe is a pay to win game and might be reluctant to spend there own cash to buy plats. I never bought plat but i do trade and to trade someone whom i am selling to has to buy plat (thou i was tempted to a lot)

I would think a general trend would be, New player comes in plays with the community, earns some plats though endless missions. --> playing the game more and start liking the game enough to pay (real cash) for something they want, lets say its the new necros prime bundle. s/he now has some plat to give back to the community, which will circulate that plat and in the end will return to DE (because come on, you have to buy warframe slots or YOUR NEED THEM POTATOES) 

Yes the previous void system made it hard to get some prime parts, it went on odds that might not favor you, but you made plat from the junk you got and in the end used plat you made from that junk sale to buy the part that didn't drop. Isn't that a way to leveling the odds? I think it is, I think it kept value of some prime parts up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion: I would remove the odd system and void tear. 

give intensive to go into the [New] voids like IF you go in there is 0% chance for forma to drop. you get primed parts. more difficult but also more rewarding.

The void should only contain the highest lv missions. and only certain t4 keys can be used in it.

I don't know this is only a idea but i would like to see DE's bottom line before and after the patch (2 quarters) it would be fun lol.

Edited by Kalel_087

I haven't posted in this thread for a few days.

Im going to post some thoughts since playing the new update for a few days.

Good

Starmap in general, nearly done the points now so im back to complete.

Easier to target one item in the relic lists,traces enhancement etc. And will help people get more items in the long term

Should make more players actually play the missions.

Bad

Start the starmap zoomed out. DE seems to love these zooming about screens between, makes me queasy.

The bottom has dropped out the market as things are 2 easy to get now.

Lack of long term missions like void used to be for earning ducats.

Lack of long term missions to give people stuff to do.

Not having fun doing fissures, i think they are boring at best and repetitive for farming traces, why not give us small amounts of traces in the void/derelict defense so we can accumulate them without doing fissures? And then just fissure to get what we need after we have built up enough radiant items.

Market im not keen, thanks for the recent additional changes but it doesn't help someone who doesn't know what the item is they are looking for.

Archwing is so difficult now from the queasy motion to the turning you a quarter to the side halfway through a mission etc etc

I hate not being able to see a visual reference for my extractors from the main map so i know which planet they are on.

Bad from before Update

Sorties just cant see the point all that aggro for so little reward 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the update will deffo help newer players but will ultimately make older players like me bored  (im MR 16 and 870 hrs).

Ive been tidying up my remaining weapons and perfecting a few guns etc but beyond that i dont play fissures unless i have to, and ive always hated sorties.

And ive been helping clannies with the update/relic system.

So what do i now?

I can do void or derelict but where is my reward for doing so?

I can carry on MR weapons up to 22, getting bored with that.

Im struggling to see what there is left for me to do and ive just got my Primed Fury ;(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thought to DE

We like being OP in this game as players, we like being able to smash into the room and nuke loads of scrubs whilst dealing with the big boys.

We dont have to be stupid OP but just enough so we can use our powers and guns to rampage

Sorties with 20 nullys and bombards one shotting you just isn't fun and i would guess probably similar for others

I dont care about specific objectives and things like that, i just like being able to play. I know we hated the grind in the Void because 100+ waves to get one tiny bit was not good. 

But now that has been removed make the void/derelict fun again by giving us rewards in there like ducats and traces and special items not in the relic system or something so we can go again and smash 40 waves whilst we are chatting as friends and get some rewards whilst doing it.

That makes the game fun again

I was doing a T2 fissure on telesto (saturn) with a group of players after waiting for 10 mins for anyone to showup. When I got into the game I jumped from one stairs to another, only to miss and keep falling the entire mission. My group finished the mission and we got out. I didn't get anything from the fissure. Also I know it has been reported by many but the unstuck command doesn't do squat. It isn't my first time with this experience or being stuck that the unstuck command didn't do anything at all.