Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really DE? we are talking about how we hate nullifiers and you just... BUFF THEM? REALLY?

Kaiser_Suoh

4 hours ago, Drunkenbagel said:

What's wrong with coptering through the nullifier? Does no one bring a melee weapon? And if you don't want to melee then can't you just slide in, shoot, then bullet jump out all in one fluid motion?

Really seems to be a case of git gud to me.

But I do think their design is boring though. It's just a sniper with a backpack and a bubble around it. Could have at least made it a hulking Robo-Rhino or something.

4 hours ago, Tveoh said:

^ This..  ..  Really People.  This is how you do it.   Learn this, and win all the time

Are we even playing the same game? There are 4 frames that come to mind right now that I like that die the second they enter the bubble and loose the buffs and other things, Equinox Pacify build, Mesa, Chroma, And worst case Nekros(he looses all soul that he gathered from killing if he enters the bubble, so SOTH build is difficult to pull on any corpus sortie or long corpus survivals). Equinox is equally bad if you are using the augment, it takes a while to build it up and very dangerous cause most shots down you immediately.

So there is nothing to learn and nothing to git gud about. you just bring weapons with high rof, who cares about bows, snipers, shotguns. You just bring Soma and there you go, what nully.

Amazing design.

1 minute ago, rngd444 said:

Everyone who don't like them is bad, we get it, I guess. You even defend the flawed enemy scaling design while jumping to conclusions about someone's preferences.

The bubble shrinking mechanic is bad design. You should be able to utilise any weapon against the bubble if necessary to a certain extent. Please stop with your bogus argument you never have to do so since there are very well situations whenever several of them overlap their bubbles in a way where even your lovely slide attacks won't do anything since you literally can't hit anything. Besides, I really want to see you to re-cast Vex Armor at 60+ minutes of a solo T4S after going in there with multiple Crewmen or even Bombards around you. Absolutes aren't always a good way to argue.

You really have to show me how you do all those awesome things or how you mod for it. It must be my bad config since I'm barely scratching a level 130 Nullifier in the Simulacrum. So please, tell me about that build to get rid of them at those levels instantly.

The bubble shrinking mechanic is to stop people from one-shotting the bubble, making their entire existence pointless. Also, in case you didnt read the patch notes, Melee weapons will strike the null and the bubble. So you could have ten thousand on top of one another and as long as your weapon hits multiple targets you will hit all of them. The bubble does not stop your melee attack from striking a target.

Jat Kittag does this lovely little thing known as ragdoll on the enemy. Ragdolled enemies cant do S#&$ until they stand up. Enemies fallen down can be killed with melee finisher attacks or shot at point blank. Lastly, of you are facing a level 130 null, its a Sortie, which is supposed to be hard. Holy crud, you now actually have a chance to lose a mission.

Just now, Momo93 said:

Yes, because they are supposed to only stop our powers, not our weapons yet they do it anyway. Really now, who has double standards here? Do Scrambus make your weapons useless? No. Does anyone complain about them? Hardly. Because they are actually balanced and would just need a bit of touch up to know their aura range...

great example

they even scramble your HUD!

(no sarcasm intended, I agree 100% with you)

Edited by BlackVortex

5 hours ago, Tymerc said:

I enjoy Nullifiers because they counter mindless ability spam while also dealing out good damage. 

agree that it has be be dealt with, but nullies doesnt affect only spammed abilities, it also affects abilities that are barelly used.. if you barelly use habilities you shouldnt be affected by them, but you are.

5 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

You can always tell the people who have not yet done Void Fissures: They are the ones still defending Nullifiers.

You people must still be at work, I guess (its my day off). I am not. Try having FIVE Nullifiers spawn RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, AND all at once. That's what happens on Void Fissures now. As soon as you activate this glorified copy/paste Excavation mission, a small platoon of Nullifiers spawns RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, immediately eliminating your Frost Dome AND your power use. 

Its so poorly designed I cannot believe it was allowed into production like this. It HAS to be the product of a lack of sleep and crunch time that would have been better spend getting some rest and clearing your head. Because as the Fissures are now, they are barely playable and absolutely NO fun.

This 1000x THIS. How many of you here played fissures already? It's nullies and bombards for days!

And there's hardly a counterplay to them spawning right on top of you. It's nothing, then suddenly bubble and then (if you rely on abilities to sruvive) -> death.

The fact that the particular mission I played also had regular corpus nillies everywhere AND constant stream of Bursas is just the proverbial cherry on top.

Edited by LocoWithGun

2 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Why do you call challenging enemies 'annoying'?

Oh that's right, you're too used to killing everything within 2 seconds or so.

I'm happy with this nullifier buff, they already have very weak health anyway, by the time you slide in his bubble and press E once, he's dead.

Besides, it's the first thing we should watch out and panic for when we see it. (Love getting freaked out by a nullifier xD)

Almost all the other Corpus enemies (except Scrambus and Bursas) are a bore.

Heck, they're more fun than Grineer since those guys are just more of bulletsponges.

I call Annoying enemies annoying because that is what they are. There isn't any challenge in there. As you said, it takes 2 seconds to kill a nullie with a melee attack. So being "Too used to killing things within 2 seconds", I'm still killing the thing in two seconds. How is that a challenge?

Projectiles spawned by an ability will be deflected when they encounter a Nullifier bubble. For example, Ember’s Fireball and Ash’s Shuriken will be deflected.

this I can live with as their bubble can be like a 'mobile shield' for abilities.

Abilities that exist independent of their creator will not be deactivated if the Warframe enters a nullifier, but will be destroyed if touched by the bubble itself. For example, Frost’s Snowglobe will not disappear when Frost enters the bubble, but will be destroyed if the bubble comes into contact with the Snowglobe sphere.

This is just stupid because I've seen situations where the nullifier spawns literally on top of the globe...  and it will basically make using one of the key defensive abilities of of frost pointless in a defence mission... it's primary type of event.

How exactly is it going to work with abilities like equinox's mend & maim and pacify & provoke which work with a radius, will it cancel out when Equinox enters the bubble or when the radius touches the bubble. 

How's it going to work with vaubhans stuff which stems from a point of origin etc.

I don't exactly see nullifiers as a 'good addition' to the game anyways and I can't quite understand how the corpus can have tech that can disable a warframe skill in the first place when they're not 'that technologically advanced' but there comes a point when an enemy goes beyond being annoying (they already were) and just becomes stupid.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

The bubble shrinking mechanic is to stop people from one-shotting the bubble, making their entire existence pointless. Also, in case you didnt read the patch notes, Melee weapons will strike the null and the bubble. So you could have ten thousand on top of one another and as long as your weapon hits multiple targets you will hit all of them. The bubble does not stop your melee attack from striking a target.

Jat Kittag does this lovely little thing known as ragdoll on the enemy. Ragdolled enemies cant do S#&$ until they stand up. Enemies fallen down can be killed with melee finisher attacks or shot at point blank. Lastly, of you are facing a level 130 null, its a Sortie, which is supposed to be hard. Holy crud, you now actually have a chance to lose a mission.

their existence is to not be able to kill them with abilities

not to delay play in general

if DE wants to make this a tactical shooter, they better implement stuff like cover and decrease movement speed overal in the game

because this game is all about speed, cc and DPS

6 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

I was waiting to hear this.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/endless

Endless = Enemy scaling does not stop and you are not required to extract at the first reward and can instead choose when to leave. Eventually, no matter how skilled, well-geared, or organized you are, enemy scaling will either force you out of the mission or you will die. Endless in Warframe missions does not relate in the slightest to letting you play for an infinite amount of time. DE even says this themselves. They design the scaling on those mission type to force you out.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yep, that makes sense.

I do feel like we should have more ways to burst the bubble than just high RoF and slide attacks though..

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

their existence is to not be able to kill them with abilities

not to delay play in general

if DE wants to make this a tactical shooter, they better implement stuff like cover and decrease movement speed overal in the game

because this game is all about speed, cc and DPS

Its about utilizing your weapons. You refusing to use your melee weapon is entirely a choice of your own. You want to limit yourself? Then deal with the consequences.

35 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

We are at a point where some player CAN and totally WILL chew through lvl100 enemies like it's child play. 
So having 1 single unit being able to disable only our powers suddenly breaks the game? 

You people just want the easy way out of it by erasing Nullifiers from the game. It's not going to happen in the near future, and hopefully, it won't be ever happening.

I am not sure under what rock you were living instead of playing the game, but if that guy ONLY disabled my powers I would've been totally cool with it.

Same for a lot or should I say most people complaining here. But they don't. They also disable my guns. And the most fun ones like bows and risky launchers.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

1: the entire point of a nullifier.

2: If you arent running/gliding at the null to kill them inside the bubble, you are doing it wrong.

3: No, it makes bows and snipers useless against nullifier bubbles.

4: So you would rather every enemy use low-damage weapons while you one-two shot everything with your tonkor? double standard yourself much?

5: You have secondaries for a reason.

They do not limit what weapons you use, only the range of weapons you use. You have three weapons to equip, utilize them. If you are relying on your buff to stay alive, you aren't doing it right. Energy gain is a triviality in this game anymore, recasting a low-energy, high efficiency buff is nothing.

1: power nullifying enemies are okay, if done right. Nullies, as you can see by our displeasure, are not done right.

2: so buff reliant frames should just bend over if a nullie enters the room?!? Fighting in the bubble is a death sentence at high levels.

3: where does the rest of the faction hide when a nullie strolls out, hmm???

4: Don't even use Tonkor (although shaming people who do will make you enemies very quickly), was making an example of the wild variances in weapon performance versus nullies. Also, everything does high damage when in a sortie- nullies just take it to insane levels.

5: what if I want to use a shotgun and lex? Also, the bubble shrinking is innately deceptive in what it tells the player. Please do not pretend that having two guns makes this crap acceptable.

My points still stand. Nullies need to stop being the be all, end all, bull-s&@$ that they currently are, or people will finally just stop trying to enjoy this game.

Its about utilizing your weapons. You refusing to use your melee weapon is entirely a choice of your own. You want to limit yourself? Then deal with the consequences.

it's about creating a meta for 1 weapon type only

melee + naramon = done and nothing else will matter

this creates exactly that what DE claimed they wanted to counter

one sided gameplay

1 minute ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

I am not sure under what rock you were living instead of playing the game, but if that guy ONLY disabled my powers I would've been totally cool with it.

Same for a lot or should I say most people complaining here. But they don't. They also disable my guns. And the most fun ones like bows and risky launchers.

No, they disable your guns until you take out the bubble or until you go inside the bubble. Your guns are not utterly useless against them. Stop using that as an argument, it is entirely incorrect.

No, they disable your guns until you take out the bubble or until you go inside the bubble. Your guns are not utterly useless against them. Stop using that as an argument, it is entirely incorrect.

If you run Tigris and Lex (like I often do) you're pretty #*($%%@ weapon wise.

Even though this setup makes sense gameplay wise -> Tigris for short range and Lex for long range.

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

one sided gameplay

Well you aren't limited to just melee and Naramon. You can instead use bullet hoses and hold down LClick to overcome the hardcore challenge of waiting for the nullifier bubble to eventually shrink.

See? Variety!

you seem to be unable to comprehend what has been said 2949853485 times here

bubbles are not supposed to counter weapons but abilities

yet they counter weapons too

last time I will try

Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

Well you aren't limited to just melee and Naramon. You can instead use bullet hoses and hold down LClick to overcome the hardcore challenge of waiting for the nullifier bubble to eventually shrink.

See? Variety!

too much risk involved when you can just be perma invis in nullifier bubbles = easy = only meta that works and scales infinitly

1 minute ago, LocoWithGun said:

If you run Tigris and Lex (like I often do) you're pretty #*($%%@ weapon wise.

Even though this setup makes sense gameplay wise -> Tigris for short range and Lex for long range.

Oh but its okay! cause you can run inside the bubble, losing your buffs, and then kill him. Its not like they are one of the more common enemies in corpus maps. So it would only be for a few moments. Right? 

At least that is what some people out there want you to believe. 

2 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

1: power nullifying enemies are okay, if done right. Nullies, as you can see by our displeasure, are not done right.

2: so buff reliant frames should just bend over if a nullie enters the room?!? Fighting in the bubble is a death sentence at high levels.

3: where does the rest of the faction hide when a nullie strolls out, hmm???

4: Don't even use Tonkor (although shaming people who do will make you enemies very quickly), was making an example of the wild variances in weapon performance versus nullies. Also, everything does high damage when in a sortie- nullies just take it to insane levels.

5: what if I want to use a shotgun and lex? Also, the bubble shrinking is innately deceptive in what it tells the player. Please do not pretend that having two guns makes this crap acceptable.

My points still stand. Nullies need to stop being the be all, end all, bull-s&@$ that they currently are, or people will finally just stop trying to enjoy this game.

1: opinions. Everyone has them. They are not fact. Clearly you can see it is not a universally accepted thing.

2: The only high levels that would be a problem are sorties, which are intended to be hard, and high wave endless missions, which are supposed to be hard. Stop expecting the game to be easy forever in every mission.

3: Inside the bubble, Oh, we have multi-target melee attacks and timed grenades? Gee if only I used them...

4: Nulls reduce damage output to targets with the inconvenience of requiring you to take out an obstacle or go around the obstacle to kill them.

5: If you want to use a shotgun and Lex, you go inside the bubble and shoot them. Also do elaborate oh now the bubble shrinking is deceptive to what it tells the player.

As long as there are people like myself and plenty of them are in this thread now, people will be playing this game for a long time to come. You are not the majority.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

So, snipers? Useless. Risky lawnchairs? Useless. Bows? Useless. All those weapons are pretty "disabled" by the shield because the TTK on a single nullie you get is far beyond any reasonable limits. 2-3 nullies? Give up, will ya?

6 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

one sided gameplay

One sided? you are using a melee against a single target to take them out, and that use of a melee to take them out is just one of the ways. You can in fact enter the bubble and shoot them. The entire rest of the enemy squad is still there just waiting for your bullets to enter their hides. Do not use "one sided" as an excuse when it isn't applicable.