Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scorches may be too powerful

Akavakaku

I can easily get killed by a Scorch through a wall, or when I'm far away and the Scorch is attacking a nearer target. Napalms can be avoided, Bombards can be dodged, but Scorches just seem to me to outclass almost any other Grineer enemy. Or is anything stronger than a Scorch?

It always had punch through, but with some of the tac alerts its attack was turned into a powerful globe effect - I assume as an attempt to give them a super Firestorm - sometimes this bleeds back into the game which might be the case now. Otherwise, their damage was boosted with update 18, and a little before that in 17 as well.

It would be fine if you could see the flames, but if they're behind an object you can't.  You just end up taking damage with no idea where it's coming from, or how to get out of it.

I just did an ODE where I got killed twice by one of these, because they were attacking infested, then loaded into the next mission, only to immediately start taking damage from another.

I'm geared well above what should be reasonable for that level of mission, so they are indeed overpowered, at least where they are already spraying their invisible fire all over the place.

Edited by polarity

On 7/9/2016 at 8:54 AM, Plushy said:

Anyone remember when shotgun crewmen were the #1 most hated enemy because their shots could individually kill you from across the map? Yeah that's pretty much what scorches are now.

Yes, I think I recall, I still hate them for their ability to do that still when at higher levels again. If I recall, it was because enemy shotguns at the time and sometimes after big patches or tac alerts lose the split of the shotgun's damage between the pellets and instead do full damage with each pellet. You can still see this happen occasionally on Corrupted Crewman with their Corrupted Boars as well which operate in a similar manner.

On 08/07/2016 at 8:21 PM, (PS4)lsdelangel said:

It's mainly since their ignis was changed whenever it recieved its rework so it has Innate punch-through and 50 meters of range. Pretty annoying IMO but at least they don't directly attack until a teammate is up close

The problem is if they are already attacking something and you are a few walls behind it.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Yes, I think I recall, I still hate them for their ability to do that still when at higher levels again. If I recall, it was because enemy shotguns at the time and sometimes after big patches or tac alerts lose the split of the shotgun's damage between the pellets and instead do full damage with each pellet. You can still see this happen occasionally on Corrupted Crewman with their Corrupted Boars as well which operate in a similar manner.

Actually it was because detron crewman at the time had extended range with no dmg fallout and had the accuracy of a trained sniper on their 10th tour of duty. Also detron is a rad weapon and our frames once upon a time were alloy based so we took additional dmg. 

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

1 hour ago, DiabolicalHamSandwich said:

Actually it was because detron crewman at the time had extended range with no dmg fallout and had the accuracy of a trained sniper on their 10th tour of duty. Also detron is a rad weapon and our frames once upon a time were alloy based so we took additional dmg. 

Detrons have never had fall-off, not even our versions. The Detrons at the time though, in the Detron Crewman's hands were doing their full combined pellet damage per pellet. Its an issue that occasionally pops up time and again and DE usually fixes it when they get wind of the situation. The radiation damage always has done extra damage to warframes - our armor type is still considered alloy currently for example though it might not seem like it with how much damage we tend to take - shows just how much electrical damage those Nervos and Shock Traps used to do seeing they killed us with a tap!

40 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Detrons have never had fall-off, not even our versions. The Detrons at the time though, in the Detron Crewman's hands were doing their full combined pellet damage per pellet. Its an issue that occasionally pops up time and again and DE usually fixes it when they get wind of the situation. The radiation damage always has done extra damage to warframes - our armor type is still considered alloy currently for example though it might not seem like it with how much damage we tend to take - shows just how much electrical damage those Nervos and Shock Traps used to do seeing they killed us with a tap!

Hmm seems I was remembering something else pertaining to the dmg fall off. Can't comment on the pellet thing although it does sound familiar. But I can say it was more then that. Sheer fire rate, accuracy and range was an issue. Can't comment on that last bit. 

I'm pretty sure it's not just on Derelict maps. I was trying to farm Tellurium and Polymer Bundles on Uranus (level 24-28 survival) using Nekros, and about 8 minutes in, I pressed 3 to Desecrate. The Scorch fires his Ignis. Before the Desecrate animation finished, I was dead. I mean. I had some shields, a Vitality equipped... but I dead within the animation from full shields and health. What even.

On 2016/07/13 at 3:32 AM, Zanoza-chan said:

Same problem. About a 5 Scorch troopers on Derelict Exterminate map, and every can kill you before you realize of its presence.

I died from one Scorch. Five sounds like nuking the universe.

Scorches seem to use base player's Ignis, their range can reach 1.5 of tile and huge cone. Hyekka masters Ignis has "normal" range.

Regular Scorch is somewhat manageable, but those in sorties are your mortal enemy, capable of annihilating whole team in less than 2 ticks (elemental enhancement).

Yes, the damage they do seems to be significantly higher than any other Grineer unit at any given level.

My theory is that they have infinite range on their Ignis when monster infighting, so you'll feel it rooms away. Does that happen when it shoots at players? As in, does someone in a previous room feel the Scorch if it is shooting at a player?