Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The kavat aquisition needs to be changed up.

Baive

I know everyone was complaining about how crap Oberon's passive was, but it makes finding and scanning kavats so much easier when they show up as blue dots on your minimap, and they don't attack you.

But yeah, this is kubrow eggs all over again, and you can also bet that just like them, a kavat will be completely outclassed by a sentinel, for much less initial cost, and upkeep.

20 minutes ago, Tenno-nymous said:

1week/month = please change the acquisition of X. its hard for us and drives our patience to stretch.

2 weeks/month after = everyone now has a cavat. Content dies, thanks community.

And if I want to breed ten because i want other color or i didn't have luck and got the same type of cat 10 times?
I just run another 30 or more derelicts to get 10 dna samples?
There problem is , it gets repetitive and frustrating. 
And if i want to buy it, its much more expensive then a kubrow, and I tell you bc kubrows where cheap i spent plat on eggs to get another chance at a different kubrow to get one i like and spent well over 200pl on eggs, with cats i wont do that for sure its 50 per cat.

54 minutes ago, Tenno-nymous said:

1week/month = please change the acquisition of X. its hard for us and drives our patience to stretch.

2 weeks/month after = everyone now has a cavat. Content dies, thanks community.

tell that to kubrows that r still being sold at huge prices and still being used months after being released, the main issue is that they r suppose to be a counterpart to kubrows, but they cost like 2x as much for basically being about the same, that is not right in my book 

edit: dumb with math, sorry 

Edited by Firestorm672

20 minutes ago, polarity said:

I know everyone was complaining about how crap Oberon's passive was, but it makes finding and scanning kavats so much easier when they show up as blue dots on your minimap, and they don't attack you.

But yeah, this is kubrow eggs all over again, and you can also bet that just like them, a kavat will be completely outclassed by a sentinel, for much less initial cost, and upkeep.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT OBERON'S PASSIVE (DE, why you little sneaky bastards....)

Guess which frame I'm building now.... :P

Edited by Railgun_Alter

Just in case you guys still have questions (No, I did not read all the posts), I have a kavat, and I can explain.

To make a kavat:

First:

--> You need to build the Kavat Segment Upgrade, which can drop from hyekka masters (So go into a grinner defense map and kill hyekkas like no tomorrow, and it'll be quickly, since it's a COMMON drop :D)

--> You need as someone else said, 1 argon crystal, 10 genetic adn codes, and 1 other item (which you'll most likely have, it's easy to acquire it)

--> It takes 12h and has a rush of 25platinum in the foundry

Second:

--> After installing the segment, you'll need to make a kavat:

*10 genetic adn codes

*1 incubator power core (yes, you'll need to make a new one.)

*No pets active

*A slot for your pet (ofc)

Third:

--> It takes I think 1 day for the kavat to be "made", but you can rush for 15 plat.

--> Than the kavat (kitty) appears, and you name it, see their race.... and you can press in "mature kavat" to have it instantly grown up.

Congratz! Now you have a kavat.

For easier explaination, I found a video with breeding kavats. (it's in a random language, sry)

Spoiler

Skip to 3:15, where the kavat breeding starts.

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Pretty aure those complaining about kavats being too hard to scan have forgotten about booben and bastille 

Mate, I have done this.

I did a hunting party with Vauban and trinity. While scanning isn't hard, it IS hard to see that you get jus 1 SINGLE CODE per 20 kavats you scanned (and I'm being generous when I say just 20).

It's really tiring... It's like hunting for a kubrow egg... Only that you have to do it 20 times X_X

2 hours ago, Meyew said:

So obviously Kavats are brand new and things are subject to change... but right off the bat why the hell is the process of getting them so tedious and awful? With kubrows it was fun, there was a whole quest and some lore to make you WANT to get one. With kavats I'd rather die than go into another derelict to hope I find one, and hope when I scan it I get the "DNA" (also, ~10% chance of getting it to begin with after scanning?? Why??) .  I know making a quest is probably a huge deal and takes a lot of time, but anything over the current process would be better. I'd rather farm each individual cell for the damn thing. I know this complaint is probably one of thousands, but this was the first time i got frustrated in this game in a LONG time. 

And after grinding for multiple hours to get the DNA you need an incubator core which you need argon for and then you need to wait 12 hours and then you have a really ugly kavat and need to try again. My first 3 tries were horrible. The all had these short ears and weird head.

36 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

anyone else feel like pointing out that if some one wants to take the plat route. 10 plat for a single kubrow egg, 50 plat for 10 kavat genes

yes. I spend 300+ plat just to not get a really ugly kavat. Why do i always get the short ears?

12 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

They honestly should just make the DNA acquisition like 90% or a 100% chance. We also need a pop-up message that tells us when we successfully get the DNA - sucks to have to wait until the mission ends to find out.

agree :)

meanwhile kavat packe starter its ok:))

Just now, Megakruemel said:

yes. I spend 300+ plat just to not get a really ugly kavat. Why do i always get the short ears?

Rng is rng, but I am curious. How short are the ears? My kavat's ears seem short but not too short as some of the others I've seen.

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

They honestly should just make the DNA acquisition like 90% or a 100% chance. We also need a pop-up message that tells us when we successfully get the DNA - sucks to have to wait until the mission ends to find out.

2 hours ago, Calwon5 said:

Scanning kavats signature is worse than the drop chance of a kubrow egg. Nuff said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ all of this

and whoever decided that helios couldnt scan kavats? ... SMDH... way to take a sentinel that was specifically made to deal with the terribad scanning bs ingame and remove its only value =[

12 minutes ago, Mergo537 said:

Rng is rng, but I am curious. How short are the ears? My kavat's ears seem short but not too short as some of the others I've seen.

Check the Nesyr gene masking kit in the market. That is how short they are. I really prefer the long ears and the medium ones but the short ears are arguably the worst choice. I mean it is still an opinion but i think they are really ugly.

14 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

Check the Nesyr gene masking kit in the market. That is how short they are. I really prefer the long ears and the medium ones but the short ears are arguably the worst choice. I mean it is still an opinion but i think they are really ugly.

Oh god I see what you mean. I guess mine would be medium when compared that. Sorry you had to spend that much plat just to get one you liked. Oddly enough however I think that face and ear type together might be considered rare since I have only seen a few kavats with that type.

Edited by Mergo537

With Vauban's Bastille, Trinity for EV, Nekros for Kavat mods (when you've finished scanning them), and other frames, three friends and I can easily find, incapacitate, and scan 8-12 Feral Kavats per Derelict.

We've done about 30 so far, still not a single DNA code drop for any of us.

My guess is that it's about a 5% drop chance, meaning you need to scan an average of 200 Kavats for 10 DNA codes.

I realize that DE wants people to spend plat, but going overboard and making it pure tedium and annoyance is only going to squeeze out but so much more plat. Most people I know (across several huge clans) who buy new stuff outright with plat buy it immediately, not because they realize there's a huge grind and THEN decide to buy it with plat.

Edited by Kastorius

With my Oberon I've done more ODE missions than I've received DNA scans.

This is bloody ridiculous.  We have to farm the resources for the keys, spend time crafting the keys (which at the current rate is going to mean a full half hour in game sat at the foundry window), to do a mission where we have a very good chance of getting no scans at all, even when taking the time to hunt down every blasted invisible kavat present.

Meanwhile anyone can do just one earth mission, with no prerequisites, smash up some easily found nests, and have a good chance of getting more kubrow eggs than they can make use of.

I know kubrows needed some work, but improving them by adding a worse alternative was not the way to go about it :P

5 hours ago, Tiddlerdoo said:

Grinding near non-stop without sleep since the update hit.

1 Kavat DNA Code. 1.

I don't even have ONE yet. I've scanned probably 100+ kavats by now since yesterday and still not acquired one single gene code. I've gotten more kavat incubator segments from running derelict missions than I have the gene codes.

DE really needs to fix the chance to acquire a gene code. Like 25% to 50% would be a better ground for it than what we obviously have right now. Cause it certainly feels like its in the sub single digits. Heck I see more kubrow eggs drop. Like almost every other mission to earth I see a dog egg pop out of the dens after they get destroyed by an AOE attack nearby.

Sure sure they're new, but theres no excuse to have the rate be low enough that you have next to no chance of acquiring one per mission at best even. There needs to be a reasonable balance between time on average calculated needed to be spent vs the actual time thats going to be needed to be spent. As is, the average at least is going to take way more than a week even with farming a few hours a day every day with how the acquisition rates are going of the gene codes.

Edited by Cmdr-A

8 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Someone else already mentioned that they do show up as loot as you go, but I also wanted to mention in case you weren't aware that you can check your mission results screen at will any time during the mission to see if you've acquired things like this. The default keybinding is "P" on PC and it can be rebound in the Options menu. Very helpful when hunting certain specific types of things.

8 hours ago, Serien5 said:

I just came from yet another derelict mission, trying to scan the damn things while they're getting mauled by infested constantly, and are jumping around non-stop. I've never felt like rage quitting before, but this might just do it! I've managed to get 3 out of many many missions, and just the fact that I'm going to have to do this (or buy them for 5 platinum EACH) every.single.time.I.want.a.kavat pretty much guarantees I won't be making more than maybe two.

You're basically forced to play invis loki.