Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Deluxe skin

Rimuru

23 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

That line is visible from all angles and is visible on both sides from several angles.

Using just the silhouette is obviously inaccurate with anything in front of, behind, or near the waist, regardless of how much it obscures it. You could put a cape on any design and instantly there's no way get any useful information from the silhouette.

You are making my point.  The base design of this skin obscures the feminine line work without adding any gear.  It's clunky.

And silhouettes are a GREAT way to study design, structure and line work as an artist.

I don't care what angles you compare because standard Nova is more feminine by a long shot at any angle.

I was only using frontal based on your line.

Can you point to small areas and say this design suggests female?

Yes.

Are Nova, Nova Prime, and Visage Nova  undoubtedly more feminine than this skin?

Absolutely, yes.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

If this were some sort of shamanistic warframe, then it would be a great, quirky sort of skin, but I don't see it for Nova, who seems to me to be a hi-tech concept.

was hoping for a celestial look but not this lol

I'm... not sure about this one. Novas my mainframe. She's my gal, love the way she looks and plays. I always imagined her Deluxe Skin to kind of showcase her abilities unstable nature. Maybe have like tears in her body with a chasm of antimatter inside. This looks... like a toy. I do like the idea of the ethereal arms tho. It's just the body design looks like a frikken baby's toy. I'm sure there's a large amount of cultural inspiration behind this, while admirable, it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure if i messed with colors I could make it work, but eh... I'll stick with Prime skin.

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

And to think that the skin wont change much and this will be nova's "deluxe skin" as every other frame gets a real deluxe one.

Really hope there will be a hide option in market and at skins even if not owned :)

With a little bit different colors, perhaps the Prime helmet and a couple attachments, this skin might work. Yes, I think I am more or less starting to like the design.

The only skin I will never learn to like is the gender-swapped Nyx deluxe. I have so far bought everything else, but that horrendous thing will never taint my account.

Edited by Caduzeus

2 hours ago, Caduzeus said:

With a little bit different colors, perhaps the Prime helmet and a couple attachments, this skin might work. Yes, I think I am more or less starting to like the design.

The only skin I will never learn to like is the gender-swapped Nyx deluxe. I have so far bought everything else, but that horrendous thing will never taint my account.

You don't like gender swaps?

The nemesis isn't a gender swap. The character in dark sector is a woman. The armor is so obscuring because the character and the protagonist have history, and it was in support of the story that her identity was hidden. I agree it does not look very feminine, but then again i've never met anyone who looked like Nekros or Inaros either.

2 hours ago, Caduzeus said:

This skin feels like early warframe, it fits the universe and it rocks. And it doesn't look gender swapped, it looks like an exoskeleton may look on a female.

For a while now, I've been talking to a coworker about Warframe. I was scrolling through and smirking at some of the comments left by everyone when she asked what was going on. I showed her a picture of Nova (Prime). My coworker says, "Oh, wow, she looks beautiful". Then I explained how skins work and showed her the deluxe. Her face did a complete 180* and she says, "Oh, je-wow...that looks hideous! It doesn't look 'Warframe-y'?"

While I AM a fan of the arc thing in the back of her head as well as the 4 additional radiant arms....no. Just no.

1 hour ago, Saltify said:

I think it's the colours that are throwing everyone off, with our own colour scemes, I'm sure it will look fine.

The colors are not the problem. We are fully capable of seeing shapes, you know.

Edited by Larsurus

On 7/10/2016 at 5:21 AM, matto said:

Couldn't care less, we already have a deluxe skin for Nova and it's called Visage.

But this thing is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in this game. Seriously, I'm baffled. How did things end up like this?

I feel sorry to say that for the artist, but man...

unless you wanna pay steam millions no not we do not. think about the console players too, jerk

On 7/10/2016 at 10:37 AM, Hazzlenut said:

That second one is so much better then the S#&$ they posted :D

i like the first better

Just now, (XB1)Solargeo said:

unless you wanna pay steam millions no not we do not. think about the console players too, jerk

Stay polite, or if you mean "jerk" as a joke, at least use an emoticon to show it is actually one. I mean no harm, so I expect you to do the same.

Thank you.

And my comment is just saying that we have a Tennogen skin that feels more Deluxe than this one. But I have hope they'll decide to tweak its overall design a bit so it looks less... out of place. There are good ideas in it, it's just too much and the colorization for its preview is awful.

As for PS4 players, I hope people will someday, somehow, have access to those skins. But I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

:)

Also, I'm counting 6 or 7 colors, the tennis balls probably can't be re-colored. :)

I see light yellow, yellow, red, blue, and black. Chances are one of those is the energy color, and the arms on the back are either energy color or use the attachment color palette (like Valkyr Gersemi's wings).

27 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

The colors are not the problem. We are fully capable of seeing shapes, you know.

And colors can draw your eyes to and away from certain shapes. Subtle changes of color can also obscure the outlines between adjacent shapes.

1 hour ago, LocoWithGun said:

This car would look fantastic if you just painted it red!

-car pic-

There's a huge difference between a car with effectively one solid color and Nova's deluxe skin, which has a lot more shapes, outlines, and colors.

Also, I don't like either of the posted fan concepts for Nova's deluxe skin in the capacity specifically of being deluxe skins. The first doesn't fit the feel of Nova as a "controller of the unstable", which is one of the same arguments used against the deluxe skin, and the second looks too much like Nova's existing appearance and I feel doesn't have enough of a separate identity.

Edited by Inarticulate