Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

it would be here already and we would have played it

also we are on a beta for the love of the gods, we we are the ones who are supposed to find the bugs, so DE can fix them fast

Yes.... and there will be bugs for us to report - oh hell I think there will be hundreds of em.

And I am almost certain that they would have shipped the update if it was playable. I am sure there are some major problems that prevent it from being shipped.

I also agree to you - I also think that as Beta Testers it's our job to help them make their game work..... but tell that to the .....endless hordes of B'AAAAWWWing gamers that can't deal with bugs eventually crashing their precious game.

So... you have the one side- us - that will happily report critical bugs and accept eventual throwbacks during the act of gaming (I'm talking about crashed engines, all rewards lost annnnd so on) - and the much larger (other)side that hates on DE for the BEta tag on warframe and excepts a shining flawless update.

I'm content to wait from the liset, its got a rather nice view of the moon. 

On the subject of bugs and the Beta tag, what persistently updating MMO basically isn't in beta at its core.  Bugs will happen, and if you don't want to deal with them after an update, wait three days and chances are the hotfixes will have gotten the major ones. 

5 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Yes.... and there will be bugs for us to report - oh hell I think there will be hundreds of em.

And I am almost certain that they would have shipped the update if it was playable. I am sure there are some major problems that prevent it from being shipped.

I also agree to you - I also think that as Beta Testers it's our job to help them make their game work..... but tell that to the .....endless hordes of B'AAAAWWWing gamers that can't deal with bugs eventually crashing their precious game.

So... you have the one side- us - that will happily report critical bugs and accept eventual throwbacks during the act of gaming (I'm talking about crashed engines, all rewards lost annnnd so on) - and the much larger (other)side that hates on DE for the BEta tag on warframe and excepts a shining flawless update.

i have an idea.

why not giving to people who really want to beta test things, a closed beta access?

maybe giving that access to council members? you know, people who really want to help DE instead of the normal players who want to only consume polished content and whine about it anyways??

Just now, Toppien said:

i have an idea.

why not giving to people who really want to beta test things, a closed beta access?

maybe giving that access to council members? you know, people who really want to help DE instead of the normal players who want to only consume polished content and whine about it anyways??

Sound like a good idea.... Just bad that I'm not in the design council XP

Conclusion: They can not make everyone happy. And I am sure that those who only complain about buggy content outnumber us(who would appreciate an earlier shipped update even if we had to deal with critical bugs) by far. Just that... these complainers will complain about bugs anyway... even if there were notably less than in other updates.

11 minutes ago, Zarozian said:

Dang we've been hyping since June.

And the days keep ticking...

I feel sorry for the devs though. When steve says things have reached a fever pitch it's often an understatement. People are screaming, rigs are on fire, sound studio is a disaster area and a manic dev is at a table, sipping his coffee because everything is normal.

Just now, BulletsforTeeth said:

I feel sorry for the devs though. When steve says things have reached a fever pitch it's often an understatement. People are screaming, rigs are on fire, sound studio is a disaster area and a manic dev is at a table, sipping his coffee because everything is normal.

But he's cool like that = w=/

20 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Kek'd.

9 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Steve said it most likely won't come out for September.

He said he's doubtful that it will..........HOWEVER HE COULD OF JUST SAID THAT TO SURPRISE US LATER WHEN IT DOES! O _O

And if it doesn't then nothing changes and people won't hate~

Sounds like a clever strategy to me~

Edited by Zarozian

1 hour ago, Zarozian said:

He said he's doubtful that it will..........HOWEVER HE COULD OF JUST SAID THAT TO SURPRISE US LATER WHEN IT DOES! O _O

And if it doesn't then nothing changes and people won't hate~

Sounds like a clever strategy to me~

I think people got so disappointed from the delays he just doesn't want to lie to us and it is actually coming in October.

1 hour ago, Pogomonster said:

Hype.

Meanwhile 99% of old tilesets are not omologated for Parkour 2.0.
Level design is subpar to the point you have to introduce Ayatan to force people exploring and opening lockers.
Like a shooter with no ammo (no, wait...) or a Driving Simulator with no curves.

Edited by Burnthesteak87