Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

12 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

"I know this has been asked many times, so let me ask again"...
Let's keep asking until we get the result we want or what's the logic here?

The same when a small child keeps asking their parents again and again for something.

They wont stop untill the parent gives them a slap in the mouth for them to shut up.

11 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

The same when a small child keeps asking their parents again and again for something.

They wont stop untill the parent gives them a slap in the mouth for them to shut up.

Ouch... that hurt.

Good point though.

@TasteVengence

you know that SOTR is supposed to be released with an event surrounding this whole new starchart thing, so it would be SUPER UNFAIR for the people who attend to TennoCon when the release it while they are away... I would be surprised if they release it this week.

plus the Devs most likely have a ton of work/stress organizing TennoCon and getting a new Build and an Event out in time... these guys arent robots, give them some time.

3 minutes ago, ChubbysCurryMcToastKing said:

@TasteVengence

you know that SOTR is supposed to be released with an event surrounding this whole new starchart thing, so it would be SUPER UNFAIR for the people who attend to TennoCon when the release it while they are away... I would be surprised if they release it this week.

plus the Devs most likely have a ton of work/stress organizing TennoCon and getting a new Build and an Event out in time... these guys arent robots, give them some time.

No they announced it for this week and they haven't said it was delayed so it'll be this week.

Announcing the day new content is gonna drop would be beneficial to the growth of the community and it's advertisement, but DE hasn't figured that out yet. They're more likely to disappoint the community by not being ever able to keep to their deadline, that's why they never have one. You won't get a definitive answer or they would have to actually stand by it. Just sit back, and wait for it to drop at their leisure.

Edited by AresTheLegendary

4 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

Announcing the day new content is gonna drop would be beneficial to the growth of the community and it's advertisement, but DE hasn't figured that out yet. They're more likely to disappoint the community by not being ever able to keep to their deadline, that's why they never have one. You won't get a definitive answer or they would have actually stand by it. Just sit back, and wait for it to drop at their leisure.

Or DE just understands that always meeting deadlines with something people are so passionate about is a risky business, therefore why give themselves an exact deadline.

As I sit back and thank god they at least work on their game unlike most every other Dev's in the business.

"eh just tell em we will work on it, maybe we will get ten years out of them"

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

I would say PROBABLY later today or early next week.  They're also doing some stuff on the Prime Time to show some of the new things coming:

So I'd say that this is a "debut" what's coming and that it'll be released AFTER that so people know what to expect?

3 minutes ago, Btabc said:

I would say PROBABLY later today or early next week.  They're also doing some stuff on the Prime Time to show some of the new things coming:

So I'd say that this is a "debut" what's coming and that it'll be released AFTER that so people know what to expect?

I would agree with later today. It will be this week they announce another delay.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Who said you could stop hitting the horse too talk! Now keep whacking at it or nothing will happen.

*ahem* relevant

RX8rLLt.jpg

Not only does this image give us an idea about how much work an update takes in relation to the update size, I could also be a metaphor for any unforeseen problems that could arise. The ocean is a dark place and it's hard to see anything down there.

Point is, they ain't giving us anything solid because they have learned in the past that we will just S#&$ all over them for being late.

/end rant

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Or DE just understands that always meeting deadlines with something people are so passionate about is a risky business, therefore why give themselves an exact deadline.

As I sit back and thank god they at least work on their game unlike most every other Dev's in the business.

"eh just tell em we will work on it, maybe we will get ten years out of them"

Nah. They already know the content of what they are gonna drop n what needs to be done for it. and they knew for weeks n months now. They said this week it was gonna drop right? it should have been done already and in testing n they should be priming us for release. Theyre silent. They messed up somewhere, or the job is taking longer than it should. if we do get it, it wont have been tested n we're gonna get a ton of hotfixes just like with lunaro. sloppy for a game ppl cough up money for.

3 minutes ago, Drunkenbagel said:

*ahem* relevant

RX8rLLt.jpg

Not only does this image give us an idea about how much work an update takes in relation to the update size, I could also be a metaphor for any unforeseen problems that could arise. The ocean is a dark place and it's hard to see anything down there.

Point is, they ain't giving us anything solid because they have learned in the past that we will just S#&$ all over them for being late.

/end rant

Do you realize I was in agreement with you?

im don't expect a Date too be given or met, and am glad that they actually continually work on their game!

instead of spending their loot they reinvest in making the game more than anyone ever expected. That's one of the major reasons I have stuck with this game for so many years.

Just now, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Do you realize I was in agreement with you?

im don't expect a Date too be given or met, and am glad that they actually continually work on their game!

instead of spending their loot they reinvest in making the game more than anyone ever expected. That's one of the major reasons I have stuck with this game for so many years.

SHET QUOTED WRONG GUYPERSON FORGIVE ME

46 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

really ? must be one pack of high neurotic parents, and then the mass of kids which get this try to shoot themselves off reality a lifetime by getting hooked with internetgaming the bad way with posting thousands of "funny realityconnected things" in the forums ... ^^

there are different ways to fix this ... (serously joking) (^^

aaaaaaand, as somebody has written about using the search function, why wasting your time with typing a huge sentence which is finally not the best answer instead of posting with copy/paste a link or information you know =)

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Drunkenbagel said:

SHET QUOTED WRONG GUYPERSON FORGIVE ME

No worries I just wanted too have a laugh with you about the dead horse thing. I found it amusing as well! Cheers ;)

4 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

Nah. They already know the content of what they are gonna drop n what needs to be done for it. and they knew for weeks n months now. They said this week it was gonna drop right? it should have been done already and in testing n they should be priming us for release. Theyre silent. They messed up somewhere, or the job is taking longer than it should. if we do get it, it wont have been tested n we're gonna get a ton of hotfixes just like with lunaro. sloppy for a game ppl cough up money for.

Cough up money?? The game in its entirety is completely free too download and play.

DE doesn't even ask that one "coughs up money"

they have an option too give money for something in return too be used in game lets not mistake that for what it is.

coding is one of the more time consuming jobs in the Digital Arts industries. You can't expect someone too find every problem in a short amount of time when looking at millions of lines of code!

and even if the content released and was bugged at least the hotfixs roll out near immediately. This is a huge plus something once again very few companies do in a timely manner.

plus when releasing updates even perfect coding gets bugged out when dropping too the gen public for variety of reason. So most of the time it takes them dropping something only too have us break it too even know if there is an issue.

I used to help run a private server mmo, i know how updates work. right up to packing and compressing. if they dont want to disappoint the community, they need to give themselves an deadline they can work with. however long it is. if an update takes 2 months and you know you're gonna take 4, tell them the release date is in 5. there, you've given your people something definitive to look forward to. look at the headache when people dont know when they're reason for playing the game again is coming around lol we end up with threads like this.

Anywhere else, if there's content coming, there's a solid date on it. day, month, year, time of day. no one can plan for this, because they havent.

Edited by AresTheLegendary

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

"I know this has been asked many times, so let me ask again"...
Let's keep asking until we get the result we want or what's the logic here?

He just wonder is if he actually gets an answer hell know. Though knowing how updates happen even if we did get a date and time we still couldnt be certain.