Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Arekaine said:

I dunno, seems like if they wanted the tenno to say it they would have just kept the camera on her when it was said. Jus sayin'

many other games and films have the actor talking at a camera one moment and then talking out of shot the next. It's not uncommon. the operator was saying those things, the Warframes can't speak, so far as we know

I don't know what if you're going on about has any merit, but I do also want to point out that beneath the Emotes in the Utility ('Q') Menu there is a button that looks like a speech bubble, and it sets a layout similar to the Emotes. On the first tab, there is a phrase which says 'Enemy Marked...'; I assume this menu is going to be used for voice commands.

Not sure if it's usable right now, as I haven't really been interested in trying it, but assuming it would be used for voice commands, how would a player use that without a Tenno, unless the Warframe can speak? And it would seem arbitrary to keep them from being usable until you got your Tenno.

Unless it is functioning, and it is used for something already, in which case I wouldn't know because I really didn't see anything about its inclusion, but I wasn't really paying attention.

Edited by Krion112

1 hour ago, (PS4)Arekaine said:

In the teaser trailer for War Within you see the Nyx and her tenno walking into the strange room. The tenno says, "This doesn't look Grineer." Now the camera is on her when she says this. Then the camera is looking at the Nyx and you hear the words,"I am being watched." The Nyx spins around, and you see Teshin.

Who said, "I am being watched."? Was it the tenno? Or maybe...it was the WARFRAME!!! I think we might have just heard a warframe talk.

Click here to watch the trailer!

Well, it's you, or, us, the Operator what.

It's the same voice, and she was talking about Teshin that was watching her.

Too hard to understand? :/

In the teaser trailer for War Within you see the Nyx and her tenno walking into the strange room. The tenno says, "This doesn't look Grineer." Now the camera is on her when she says this. Then the camera is looking at the Nyx and you hear the words,"I am being watched." The Nyx spins around, and you see Teshin.

Who said, "I am being watched."? Was it the tenno? Or maybe...it was the WARFRAME!!! I think we might have just heard a warframe talk.

Click here to watch the trailer!

No. Sir/ma'am, it was the operator. 

Warframes do not, and will never, talk.

Rebecca just answered this a few streams ago.

The operator, and her learning of Teshin's secret mission(s), is the focus of the trailer. Thus why the operator is shown in peril, outside of her craft, unlinked from her warframe, in a blowing snow storm. 

1 hour ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

many other games and films have the actor talking at a camera one moment and then talking out of shot the next. It's not uncommon. the operator was saying those things, the Warframes can't speak, so far as we know

Yes, exactly right.

I wrote film scripts (unfinished).

It's called off-screen or off-camera dialogue, or a voice over--it depends on the character's location (the character who is speaking the lines of dialogue).

Off-screen dialogue is what I'd call the one in the trailer the OP posted. We see the operator, but then the scene intercuts between her and her warframe/Nyx. So, technically, the operator is still in the same scene/room, just not on-screen. So it's off-screen dialogue.

A voice over is when you aren't in the scene at all.

A voice over would be Ballas' voice during this trailer:

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

Warframes do not, and will never, talk.

While I agree on all your other points,I might disagree on this statement. The Stalker, his Acolytes, and The Specters of The Rail all communicate in similar hissing whispers.

Considering Specters have no Operator, and whether Stalker or his Acolytes do is debatable, I'd wager these voices are coming from the Warframes.

2 hours ago, Avalgilda said:

nothing about Voice but really want that's Nyx's Syandana from Trailer too much lol

the syandana on the nyx is a bit of an easter egg of tennocon because it is the gift syandana that the people who went got a code for

15 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

While I agree on all your other points,I might disagree on this statement. The Stalker, his Acolytes, and The Specters of The Rail all communicate in similar hissing whispers.

Considering Specters have no Operator, and whether Stalker or his Acolytes do is debatable, I'd wager these voices are coming from the Warframes.

See there is a valid point that the warframes can talk. Stalker has been talking this entire time.

16 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I'll concede that much: it isn't impossible, and who knows what DE will decide later on.

See there is a valid point that the warframes can talk. Stalker has been talking this entire time.

It is valid, yes.

But unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that in the teaser, the warframe does not speak.

Edited by Rhekemi

I watched the trailer a couple of times and came to this conclusion, and as I said it's my theory. As we saw when the Operator turned it's head so did the Nyx(boy I wonder whose idea that was to use Nyx, Rebecca lol) so I'm pretty sure we can surmise Warframes are simply constructs or Golems that the Operator controls. We can also surmise in some way this Nyx found a hidden area, planet, or room. As we have seen in so many movies or programs whenever someone finds out a secret about someone they know, we know what ends up happening. In Red Dragon, Will found out that Dr Lecter was the actual serail killer and gets almost killed for it. Same thing here, I believe this Operator stumbled upon the hidden lair of the Stalker or in this case Teshin whom seems to be the Dr Lecter of the Warframe world. As we know the Stalker works for the Sentients, which mean Teshin will probably instigate The War Within. One thing as well, we all know that the Stalker has been able to infiltrate the landers, so after defeating the Nyx he got on the ship and wound the Operator which caused the ship to crash on that snow planet. Just my thoughts.

3 hours ago, JSharpie said:

I really doubt this. The War Within is about the Twin Queens, not stalker.

Being titled "The War Within", it's not solely focused on the Queens as seen by the second trailer. Though, I agree with your second point; it seems the Stalker had his limelight in the Second Dream and DE may want to focus on expanding other characters before going back to him.

58 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Being titled "The War Within", it's not solely focused on the Queens as seen by the second trailer. Though, I agree with your second point; it seems the Stalker had his limelight in the Second Dream and DE may want to focus on expanding other characters before going back to him.

To be quite honest, I think it is solely focused on the Queens, I think Teshin is working with the Queens, or knows something. I honestly think the latter because it doesn't seem like they would make Teshin a permanent enemy out of the blue.

3 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

unless they have another trailer down the line

Ugh, I hope not. If so, I wonder how many trailers the War Within will receive before we actually get the quest.

---

3 hours ago, JSharpie said:

To be quite honest, I think it is solely focused on the Queens, I think Teshin is working with the Queens, or knows something. I honestly think the latter because it doesn't seem like they would make Teshin a permanent enemy out of the blue.

I seem to have worded wrong; I meant that the Queens are not the only important thing in the quest, as seen by Teshin in the trailer. The sole focus of the quest may very well be the Queens, just with other supporting characters such as the aforementioned Teshin.

here's what i think, teshin is a spy, working with lotus to spy for the grineer from the inside, the inside being he's working for the queens, they when they saw the tenno wandering their base, they sent teshin to kill you, so now teshin is in a position where he either has to kill you to keep his cover, or not kill you and blow his cover, hence the "you have doomed us both". either that or just grineer versus grineer politics

as for the warframes, if you watched Surrogates, the one where the protagonist is Bruce Willis, thats pretty much it