Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

1 hour ago, GhostLacuna said:

the dialogue fit with how bad the writing for second dream was, no matter how true or false it end up being.

it fit the whole teen drama thing perfectly. i doubt they can make i worst in the actual quest.

i will never do the quest so all the operator will ever amount to is annoying the hell out of me. i have zero need for a worthless npc and since focus is still in early alpha there is no reason to even use them.

'Bad writing' that is most likely false. Also, your opinion on the dialogue for the Second Dream is your own. It means nothing to me, nor does it mean that the writing is actually bad.

'Teen Drama' is certainly not what the Tenno are about. Again, you're acting like this is real transcripts, when it is most likely just crap placed there by DE. Nevertheless, even with the fake dialogue, I see little of what constitutes a 'teen drama.'

That 'worthless NPC' is you, so not that worthless. It's no less worthless than your Warframe. If it annoys you so much, then mute it. But like it or not, you are a Tenno, and no amount of headcanon and whining will change that.

If you really think Focus is useless, then you simply haven't been using it enough. Admittedly, 3/5 need buffs to match Naramon and Zenurik, but they are all extremely useful when it comes to their passives.

9 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

'Bad writing' that is most likely false. Also, your opinion on the dialogue for the Second Dream is your own. It means nothing to me, nor does it mean that the writing is actually bad.

'Teen Drama' is certainly not what the Tenno are about. Again, you're acting like this is real transcripts, when it is most likely just crap placed there by DE. Nevertheless, even with the fake dialogue, I see little of what constitutes a 'teen drama.'

That 'worthless NPC' is you, so not that worthless. It's no less worthless than your Warframe. If it annoys you so much, then mute it. But like it or not, you are a Tenno, and no amount of headcanon and whining will change that.

If you really think Focus is useless, then you simply haven't been using it enough. Admittedly, 3/5 need buffs to match Naramon and Zenurik, but they are all extremely useful when it comes to their passives.

well vazarin  with rhino? Oh god, or valkr? ... well then face tanking any .... hehehehe using it against the sentinets hehehehe aka REELECTION 

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

34 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I read better writing in evangelion fan fiction then the writing and dialogue DE put out in second dream. 

Kind of hard not to have teen drama with pre pubertal avatars that have such cringe worthy transmissions and dialogue as in second dream. 

Mush mush "we love you space mom" is all the different dialogue choices ended up being.

The tennos are meek, inexperienced lost little children that where thrown to us without even the slightest attempt to build the tiniest amount of rapport with that NPC.

I have more  rapport with baro in this game then i will ever have to that "tenno". 

For the record introducing yet another abstract layer between the player and the frames does not mean that the player see themselves as that abstract avatar.

Now you have 3 distinct levels of abstraction in the game. 

You the player

The Tenno

The warframes

This left me and others without any connection to the warframes at all. 

Its fine that you like them and that DE want us to see ourselves as the tenno. To me they are yet another reminder of todays games focus on always including a damn forsaken child trope in their games. Alongside child soldier and tired old S#&$ like humanity saves the day. 

I grew tired of that 20 years ago. 

The only reason i still play the game is because i can ignore them and focus on the gameplay i enjoy. 

As for focus there are 3 worthwhile things among all school and that is it. 

Naramons stealth, Zenuriks energy regen and the revives from Vazarin. The othwer things are just meaningless fluff. Heck the description of the schools themselves tricked plenty of players to pick worthless schools due to often times meaningless descriptions. 

30 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

I read better writing in evangelion fan fiction then the writing and dialogue DE put out in second dream. 

This is subjective, and thus doesn't have any importance as an argument. I myself found the dialogue in the Second Dream fairly good. Nothing awe-inspiring, but I don't think anyone was expecting awe-inspiring lines anyways. Unless you count Hunhow going psycho at the beginning.

Kind of hard not to have teen drama with pre pubertal avatars that have such cringe worthy transmissions and dialogue as in second dream. 

Mush mush "we love you space mom" is all the different dialogue choices ended up being.

The tennos are meek, inexperienced lost little children that where thrown to us without even the slightest attempt to build the tiniest amount of rapport with that NPC.

I have more  rapport with baro in this game then i will ever have to that "tenno". 

In my books, anyone who can vaporize a Sentient with nothing more than their mind is definitely not meek and inexperienced. They didn't even look fazed until the Stalker popped up right in front of them. Aside from that, in terms of character development, they just got released, and I don't think we were supposed to get the full story right away. The War Within should expand on their characters and whatnot. 

As has been stated multiple times in the past, the Tenno are not pre-pubertal/pubertal age. They are much, much older, with cryo-sleep and stasis keeping them youthful in appearance (possibly also a secondary effect from the Void). 

There was literally no line that even hints at something like that. The closest you get is their recollections of their old lives on the Zariman, and that's understandable, as they were children during that time. 

For the record introducing yet another abstract layer between the player and the frames does not mean that the player see themselves as that abstract avatar.

Now you have 3 distinct levels of abstraction in the game. 

You the player

The Tenno

The warframes

You realize that imagining yourself as the Warframe is literally accurate, as you are the Tenno, who more or less merges with the Warframe through Transference. Thus, while you, the player, are the Tenno, the Tenno themselves are merged with the Warframe.

It doesn't matter what we see ourselves at. As per canon, we are the Tenno. And honestly, seeing yourself as the Warframe doesn't even matter, because that's exactly what a Tenno experiences through Transference. Additionally, you might as well remove the 'player' level of abstraction, because that's a given in every game.

This left me and others without any connection to the warframes at all. 

Its fine that you like them and that DE want us to see ourselves as the tenno. To me they are yet another reminder of todays games focus on always including a damn forsaken child trope in their games. Alongside child soldier and tired old S#&$ like humanity saves the day. 

How many recent games can you name mewhere a child is a major, if not the most important, character in the plot? There has yet to be a game I found with this supposedly overdone 'child soldier' trope that you speak of.

As for focus there are 3 worthwhile things among all school and that is it. 

Naramons stealth, Zenuriks energy regen and the revives from Vazarin. The othwer things are just meaningless fluff. Heck the description of the schools themselves tricked plenty of players to pick worthless schools due to often times meaningless descriptions. 

Ok, I named those. Madurai's passives include bonus damage to all weapons for an entire mission. That seems pretty decent (though it could be buffed). Unairu has the least buffs, but it's passives include a chance to petrify enemies on melee hits, which is pretty damn good on fast melee weapons, and the chance to reduce armour for some time on hits, which is equally great, and scales nicely.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII
Quote Issues

Something trivial that i noticed on first TWW trailer
Queen 1? : "I'm afraid, sister. The conjunction grows near."
Queen 2? : "Hush, Worm. Let the beasts do their work."

This is probably just me nitpicking, but you know who else uses that word in warframe? Tyl Regor.
Who does he address as Worms? Tenno.

Inb4 the little queen is a living warframe. Dun dun dunnnnnn~

Spoiler

That twintail isnt helping, tita- little queen.

Don't mind me sprouting randomness. And oh this got merged

24 minutes ago, Yoruno said:

Something trivial that i noticed on first TWW trailer
Queen 1? : "I'm afraid, sister. The conjunction grows near."
Queen 2? : "Hush, Worm. Let the beasts do their work."

This is probably just me nitpicking, but you know who else uses that word in warframe? Tyl Regor.
Who does he address as Worms? Tenno.

Inb4 the little queen is a living warframe. Dun dun dunnnnnn~

Reveal hidden contents

That twintail isnt helping, tita- little queen.

Don't mind me sprouting randomness. And oh this got merged

I think the second queen is called "Worm" because the first one dominate her, she's more a poor and weak acolyt.

2 minutes ago, Yoruno said:

T'was a random thought I wanted to share for ppl that likes pulling theories and fanfics like me.
With that said I shall exercise my liberty to ignore datamined alpha stuff and keep dreaming. :P

The two were supposed to be equal in both look and strength though according to kuria, which is one thing i really want TWW to explain.

Kurias don't describe nothing more than a myth... A myth is always more beautiful, without any problem...

And they could be equal in both look and strenght, when they were young. But with the time, one got more power and independence, and dominate the other one.

5 minutes ago, Dycoth said:

Kurias don't describe nothing more than a myth... A myth is always more beautiful, without any problem...

And they could be equal in both look and strenght, when they were young. But with the time, one got more power and independence, and dominate the other one.

What you said is also a big possibility. The only reliable info are the ones that's been set in stone (read: implemented ingame). Anything outside of that is mostly assumptions, not even datamined stuffs can be deemed accurate until implemented.
Doesn't mean we should stop coming up with ideas, theres no fun in that.

Spoiler

speaking of what's set in stone.. who da heck is olemedi?!

Since my previous topic failed lets try again...

We got a teaser trailer, a new map and weapon confirmed on devstream.

What do you think about the size of the new update will be? Do you think it will be bigger than SotR or not? Will it bring a new place in the solar chart or just random missions on the planets? What kind of new enemies will it bring? 

Speculate!

With how disappointed I was with the Second Dream quest and how it ruined the Tenno, Stalker and Lotus for me, I guess it can`t get any worse with the lore reveals, though they are already treading thin ice with the Teshin heel-turn tease. I hope that turns out to be nothing but a ruse.

Edited by UrielColtan

21 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

*Looks at Orokin keys, looks at Nef Anyo*

Ok.

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say with that comment. Orokin keys look Orokin. They're, you know, gold, with blue lights. And there are some structures in the void that resemble Orokin keys. As for Nef Anyo, he's Corpus, but you could say that his headdress looks kinda like the top of the Orokin turrets.

Still not sure the point you're trying to make. Are you trying to say that nothing Orokin looks Orokin? Are you trying to say that the Grineer fortress stuff looks Orokin? Well, it doesn't.

I just wish the Orokin Grineer Queens (yeah, they are Orokin, even if they weren't perfect like the Executors) were a bit more Orokin. Kinda wish they acted like Ballas.

19 hours ago, Aekhon said:

It changes everything.  As warframes, we knew that death was not the end.  We'd always get up again, even if we didn't know how or why we could do that.  As operators, death is the end, and we know it.

Or ya know, there not permanently dying can just be regarded as a gameplay mechanic(,like what we originally thought in the beginning anyway.), not anything having to do with lore, though if you really need lore to protect the operators, then just make so when their warfare bites it, the Tenn flies out of it in a ball of light or something, like fighter pilot ejection seats in shows like GI Joe.

Edited by UrielColtan

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

i think they said no

No they said there going to do player dedicate servers. Which players' would use their machines as servers. Because Servers are quite an expensive thing to have around

1 hour ago, UrielColtan said:

With how disappointed I was with the Second Dream quest and how it ruined the Tenno, Stalker and Lotus for me, I guess it can`t get any worse with the lore reveals, though they are already treading thin ice with the Teshin heel-turn tease. I hope that turns out to be nothing but a ruse.

Really, I'm not sure how you can dislike the second dream..

47 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Or ya know, there not permanently dying can just be regarded as a gameplay mechanic(,like what we originally thought in the beginning anyway.), not anything having to do with lore, though if you really need lore to protect the operators, then just make so when their warfare bites it, the Tenn flies out of it in a ball of light or something, like fighter pilot ejection seats in shows like GI Joe.

Umm, have you played Second Dream?  Going by your post count and join date, I would assume you have, but your statement here seems to suggest that you haven't.  I don't want to spoil things for you if you haven't.