Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Draco has achieved the opposite effect

pagepro

56 minutes ago, pagepro said:

Now that Draco has been removed those of us such as myself who were buying forma to level power up their warframes and weapons have stopped. 

I was under the impression that this star chart rework would create more Nodes that were similar to Draco. Nope I was wrong.

The affinity gains are far too low in other missions to level anything efficiently. I do not find it fun running through 29 missions to level my warframe from 0-30 * the amount of forma I use. 

At the rate things are going now I would have to play this game 16+ hours a day to get anything accomplished. 

DE has failed to fix the root of the problem once again. We did not want Draco removed we wanted more nodes that were as effective as Draco. An infested or a corpus.

You reduced the range which we can receive affinity from squad mates which pours salt on the wounds. 

We need to rethink our strategy regarding this game or you will alienate what is left of your player base.

Draco wasn't "removed". If you really want an experience farm, find a Defense or Survival packed with Infested and have at 'em. Problem solved.

47 minutes ago, pagepro said:

DE has failed to fix the root of the problem once again. We did not want Draco removed we wanted more nodes that were as effective as Draco. An infested or a corpus.

Draco was removed because you could stand on a box, only 2 people do something, and you would max gear extremely quickly (fastest method). People start to take it for granted, and leechers swarm the galaxy. It would be much better if there were nodes where every player would be incentivized to contribute to get the same amount of xp. Not likely, but possible.

Also, an Infested Draco would only exacerbate the problem at hand; since they are predominantly melee units, things would only be moving downward. Corpus Draco, with the downside of Nullifiers, would be okay though.

Everyone keeps forgetting, that players always have flock to the map that gave the most xp. Hell I remember living in Xini to level things. If you do some digging people are already using Berehynia as the new Draco.

Best way I found to leveling things post patch is to farm kavat's dna, I have all the mods but Pounce and only 3 DNA after three days :(

Edited by Wynn

3 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

Nice leap of logic. Yeah, buy more plats to get boosters, SURELY that'll be the solution to all your problems.

I'm merely suggesting that someone who considers his time to be so valued and precious must surely have some idea of just how valuable his time is. Of course, there is the alternative interpretation of his comment, in that the OP is a player who is too incompetent to play through the higher difficulty missions and too impatient to run through missions more commensurate to his level of competency.

But I am trying to not think the worst of the people around me.

33 minutes ago, pagepro said:

You all fail to understand that none of what you suggested is as good as Draco was in terms of leveling up your equipment. The point of my post is to say that leveling up speed has been reduced overall due to the fact that Draco is gone. They did not replace it with something similar, they simply removed it. 

I can run endless survivals sure but they are no where close to Draco.

Unless we are all okay with DE lowering the speed at which we can level then I can understand that argument.

Perhaps DE thought we were leveling too quickly?

Regardless leveling is slower.

There are places and different frame/weapon setups that offer just as good xp as Draco did. I suggest if you find one of these strategies to not ever distribute the information here or in-game. Keep it to yourself and your friends because if you don't, you know what will happen.

5 minutes ago, pagepro said:

Ahh the solution to everything. Buy more platinum. Thanking for proving my point.

I don't have the numbers without an affinity booster because I happen to have one up from Prime Access. It's between 2 and 2.5 runs of the old Marid, Sedna, with an affinity booster, which was 6-8 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

>takes me 1 round on Draco to max out a weapon 

Ahem. How about quantifying this in actual units of time?

Also, last I checked (which, admittedly was quite some time back), people rarely ever ran Draco and exited after only one wave. Maybe things have changed since then.

3 minutes ago, Kanlor said:

is this gona be a annual thing for every update that has some kind of change and people are just gona overly complain about it?

Happens after every update. You get used to it after a while.

1 minute ago, Ryunokage said:

I'm merely suggesting that someone who considers his time to be so valued and precious must surely have some idea of just how valuable his time is. Of course, there is the alternative interpretation of his comment, in that the OP is a player who is too incompetent to play through the higher difficulty missions and too impatient to run through missions more commensurate to his level of competency.

This.

1 hour ago, pagepro said:

buying forma to level power up their warframes and weapons

There endless prime parts farm, which required you to power up warframes and weapons does not exist anymore.  You can pretty much complete any mission without forming your gear, so why bother?

Having corpus or infested mission similar to this is impossible. There are already somewhat similar missions to this but for infested and corpus but the problem is affinity gain for infested is less for lighter units and they are always protected by the bigger units making them just as hard to kill but for lesser xp. Corpus have nullifiers which would be a pain especially when you have unranked gear.

3 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Also, last I checked (which, admittedly was quite some time back), people rarely ever ran Draco and exited after only one wave. Maybe things have changed since then.

10 minutes or so with an organized squad. 

6 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

You have a point with some players being impatient, but consider that DE claimed to want to reduce the grind. Consider also the fact that Draco is hassle free and, indeed, 'lazy'. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that since I don't only play that one node in the entire game. 

Now that Draco has been removed those of us such as myself who were buying forma to level power up their warframes and weapons have stopped. 

I was under the impression that this star chart rework would create more Nodes that were similar to Draco. Nope I was wrong.

The affinity gains are far too low in other missions to level anything efficiently. I do not find it fun running through 29 missions to level my warframe from 0-30 * the amount of forma I use. 

At the rate things are going now I would have to play this game 16+ hours a day to get anything accomplished. 

You reduced the range which we can receive affinity from squad mates which pours salt on the wounds. 

We need to rethink our strategy regarding this game or you will alienate what is left of your player base.

there is really no need for draco any more really with the forma changes you can do alot with an unranked weapon getting it to lvl 30 doesnt make too much of a difference anymore so you don't have to do the crazy draco grinds like before you just put a catalyst in and go chillax in the orokin void

44 minutes ago, pagepro said:

You all fail to understand that none of what you suggested is as good as Draco was in terms of leveling up your equipment. The point of my post is to say that leveling up speed has been reduced overall due to the fact that Draco is gone. They did not replace it with something similar, they simply removed it. 

I can run endless survivals sure but they are no where close to Draco.

Unless we are all okay with DE lowering the speed at which we can level then I can understand that argument.

Perhaps DE thought we were leveling too quickly?

Regardless leveling is slower.

Draco was broken. Had to do almost nothing for free exp. While as a player no exp was ever gained becase people still did not know how to play.

Just now, (XB1)KickassNinja14 said:

there is really no need for draco any more really with the forma changes you can do alot with an unranked weapon getting it to lvl 30 doesnt make too much of a difference anymore so you don't have to do the crazy draco grinds like before you just put a catalyst in and go chillax in the orokin void

7 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

There endless prime parts farm, which required you to power up warframes and weapons does not exist anymore.  You can pretty much complete any mission without forming your gear, so why bother?

It's always better to have a more efficient toolset. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)KickassNinja14 said:

and for those of us peasants who find plat to be precious and don't wanna go spending cash like its free Slurpee day at 7/11? We still gotta lvl masteries, weps and frames.

through 29 missions

exaggeration.

T4 fissures made my kavat go from rank 0 - 25 in one run.

ODD is still viable exp two runs of 20 waves and you're maxed
one run of 25waves with a booster and youre maxed..  speed nova makes it incredibly quick. 

y'all need to get over yourselves and your cheesy stand in one spot to max everything in the game. 

also stealth kills are crazy exp still. 

Since SotR dropped I have forma'd 20+ times. 
the new archwing, the new archwing primary, both kavat breeds, the new melees, and so on. 
I have no issues. never touched a draco like node ever. lol. its not hard to get exp or MR22 if you play the game instead of trying to do the least amount of work.

Edited by Vesiga

1 minute ago, Junedawgg said:

We still gotta lvl masteries, weps and frames.

If you're too cheap to add a catalyst to your weapon then that gives you a total of 30 mod points. At max mastery lvl 22 of these are available unranked. also mastery rank is not that important. Yes I do understand the warframe part as you need to lvl to unlock abilities and upgrades

Just now, Kanlor said:

is this gona be a annual thing for every update that has some kind of change and people are just gona overly complain about it?

Yep. Their tears are delicious. On topic, people have become so dependent on Draco, that they fail to see the plenty other alternatives. Spy missions, stealth exterminate, endless missions, etc. They are all viable. Are they broken like Draco was? Of course not. Draco was unhealthy for multiple reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

You have a point with some players being impatient, but consider that DE claimed to want to reduce the grind. Consider also the fact that Draco is hassle free and, indeed, 'lazy'. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that since I don't only play that one node in the entire game. 

A game is surely heading in the wrong direction if you can complete it without ever engaging in it. I don't mind nodes as fast as Draco, but make the community put in effort to achieve it, like how PUG Draco was in a sense.

29 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

The problem is that when you forma a warframe, you can't use it well till you remax it, and you can't bring it to sorties at all, so it's obvious that people would want to max their stuff sooner

I'm aware of that. The point remains, why such a hurry? pick an endless mission, run it for a couple of hours = profit.

Its not as difficult to level stuff as people make it out to be, especially with the new MR = weapon rank changes.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Just now, Eminem2420 said:

Yep. Their tears are delicious. On topic, people have become so dependent on Draco, that they fail to see the plenty other alternatives. Spy missions, stealth exterminate, endless missions, etc. They are all viable. Are they broken like Draco was? Of course not. Draco was unhealthy for multiple reasons. 

I've always despised draco because it's turned people into shriveled babies for the rest of the game. 
"where we gonna camp" "can I macro this" "law of retribution is too complicated ///ragequit///"

I....honestly haven't had a problem leveling. It's no where near as bad as it once was, the biggest issue with leveling before was taking a rank 0 and unmodded weapon to a higher level place to level it. Now with the MR added to the weapons...we can take em to higher level places and level them. So i've...just been doing higher level missions, void tears, and ect. It might take me...four or five missions but i'll max everything out without using boosters.