Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void rework is terrible

White_Matter

What was the point of this again ? 

Now you have to spend hours to farm void traces to refine your keys to do the exact same thing as before. But at least doing void missions was more fun than just doing the fissures. They could have made the fissure thing more interesting and dynamic at least, I got bored after doing one or two of those.

Lets hope they revert back to the old void system, this is more confusing and probably more time consuming.

Fun is subjective. 

That said, it's way easier to get stuff you want now... by like 3-5 times, IIRC. I do hope they add a point to going into the actual void though, because there is no money, only some meager reward and the occasional fissure.

2 minutes ago, SilentCircle said:

the tables are smaller.

the missions are more fun.

the chance are higher.

you can booster the chance even further.

L O L

Missions are certainly not more fun.

Chances are higher if you farm S#&$ton of void traces.

1 minute ago, Chaunticleer said:

Fun is subjective. 

That said, it's way easier to get stuff you want now... by like 3-5 times, IIRC. I do hope they add a point to going into the actual void though, because there is no money, only some meager reward and the occasional fissure.

Yeah back when they discussed this new void rework I thought the fissures were supposed to be like void portals in sabotage missions and you had to go through them into the void tileset to do part of the mission.

Edited by Tricky5hift

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Missions are certainly not more fun.

Chances are higher if you farm S#&$ton of void traces.

Well DE and us don't know what you consider to be "fun".

People complained about grind back then, and now that we have options to increase the chances of rare parts dropping they're still complaining?

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

Yeah back when they discussed this new void rework I thought the fissures were supposed to be like void portals in sabotage missions and you had to go through them into the void tileset to do part of the mission.

I certainly think the actual act of using the fissures could be better, but the meta of relics and whatnot is actually pretty cool. I just wish we could get traces and relics easier.

One step forward, one step back. Making the loot tables more fair and transparent (no more 5.5% drop rates, now you can guarantee 10% bare minimum solo and 34.5% with a full squad) is good, but the actual grinding is even more repetitive than before

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

well, they arent going to go back to the old void system, so you can only hope they add more to this one. also, void traces are an extra, not something needed

They went back to the old starmap, so I still wouldn't discard the possiblity of going back to the old void system. 

New loot table and relic thing is cool, but void trace farming and those fissures are absolute S#&$. They replaced one bad thing with another. My only hope is that they either refine it further or just change it back to its old version.

4 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

They went back to the old starmap, so I still wouldn't discard the possiblity of going back to the old void system. 

New loot table and relic thing is cool, but void trace farming and those fissures are absolute S#&$. They replaced one bad thing with another. My only hope is that they either refine it further or just change it back to its old version.

How about no?

Glad they threw old system to the trash.

While I agree new version has its kinks in need of attention, but reverting old void? Nope.png

(I did recall Steve saying about revert if it gets really bad but so far doesn't seem like it is needed for now)

Also

3 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

go to the mission section of the board to discuss this and help DE improve it.

Edited by Fionntan

1 minute ago, Fionntan said:

How about no?

Glad they threw old system to the trash.

While I agree new version has its kinks needs attention I'd rather never bother old with endless missions just get multiple rewards in 20 minutes+.

Also

Thats the thing though, you could do a 20 min survival and potentially get 4 items which you can turn into ducats. Now you have to do the fissures over and over again for one item each, assuming the item you want has a high chance of dropping without refining your relic. If not, then you farm 100 traces, which means probably 6-8 fissure missions(unless you have a premade nekros/hydro squad) and there is a chance you still won't get the item. 

While being able to choose your loot sounds good on paper, the whole fissure farming thing is a boring repetitve process still. So again, they replaced a bad system with a different kind of bad system. Thats what I'm dissapointed about.

And yes, I'll take this to the mission section, makes more sense.

As long as they keep the new system, i wouldn't mind leaving people that enjoyed the old one keep playing it (even if i can't understant that, hell i hate the void tileset, i've seen it far too much.)

22 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

But at least doing void missions was more fun than just doing the fissures.

Not for me. Void was and still is the most boring part in this game. the tileset, except the new parts, is ugly and the Corrupted are just boring. This is my opinion.

And that´s why I like the new System, no Need for me anymore to go into the Void.

Nevertheless I agree, the fissures Need some updates to make them less repititive.

Nope, never going to happen. This new void is waaaaaayyyy better. Better odds of getting what you're searching for, with the '4 rewards, choose one' and the void traces systems, and the fact that there's no more relics, fusions cores, orokin cells and other S#&$ in the table. It's easier to get forma blueprints. And, the mission diversity / tileset diversity. I was bored of this same gold and dead tileset, now we can play every tileset while farming prime parts, AND, we can get the ressources of the planet at the same time (realy cool if it's on Jupiter/Corpus for Oxium). Oh, Void Relics farm is a problem ? Orokin Defense Derelict. You realy want a prime part ? Group up, get people with the same Radiant Relics, and you'll get the item in no time ! It was impossible for me to get my hands on Vauban Parts on old void, i gave up. On this new void, i got the helmet, systems, blueprint and chassis at the first / second try everytime, maybe luck, but when you use +50 keys and no item and then you use 2 relics to get it, F*** this, this void is way better.

in theory i think de though better rewards faster is a better system  i personal like playing long missions maybe not all the time ,but its a staple of warframe to run a 60 min plus survival  they could have reworked the current system i'm using on ps4 to be better rather than having what they have now a lazy person will just wait for a capture and not really play all the missions anyway and no credit rewards no relics in spys  there are advantages and disadvantages to each system so i think maybe have both as an option  anyway hopefully they don't just leave as it is and try to make it even better and in 1 years time i don't want to be talking about void 3.0 and star chart 4.0 ect 

Thats the thing though, you could do a 20 min survival and potentially get 4 items which you can turn into ducats. Now you have to do the fissures over and over again for one item each, assuming the item you want has a high chance of dropping without refining your relic. If not, then you farm 100 traces, which means probably 6-8 fissure missions(unless you have a premade nekros/hydro squad) and there is a chance you still won't get the item. 

While being able to choose your loot sounds good on paper, the whole fissure farming thing is a boring repetitve process still. So again, they replaced a bad system with a different kind of bad system. Thats what I'm dissapointed about.

No system is perfect because there can never be a system that makes everyone happy so get over it

oh no endless void missions are gone and now you can't get 5+ prime parts from a survival or defense, ok who cares i can't get multiple parts in a run with the new system it is easier to get what i need for a set which means i am less inclined to waste the plat i get from trade chat on some overlypriced soma reciever because it had like some 2%rotation C drop chance on the old table

With the new system it is much easier to get what i want and as a result i am have time to play around and do other missions instead of wasting days if not weeks on trying to get a certain prime weapon or frame done. You can say it is harder to et ducats but that is if you don't pick the right reward and trust me if you pay attention to what you sell in the ducat exchange you should have a vauge idea of stuff having higher value than others like picking a carrier prime part over a paris prime part for ducats

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Sadly, so was Void 1.0 farming keys and getting endless to get more then one prime; just as equally boring & repetitive. (Oh and also lots junk like cores and mats, yay)

Personally I found the new system refreshing and fun, bar nullicancer spam that was reduce but still hate it, and all that core/mat junk is gone. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Granted to get relic is same as keys, so it'll get a bit boring there but I can tolerate traces and new void farm.

Edit: Forgot mention in blue, bring randoms or friends to increase rewards to 4 per run. 

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Never say never. Seems like the majority of the players are dissapointed with the void rework. So they may actually go back to the void missions. And I hope they do, until they find a better replacement. That replacement is not this for sure.

So far replies in this thread and my friends tried it state the opposite of disappointment.

Although, again, DE have opened megathread of Void 2.0 so let see how pans out.

Edited by Fionntan