Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 16.07.2016 at 8:51 PM, Aeromancer said:

I have an idea for a solution to this:

From 1 week up to a month before re-releasing the Lato/Braton Vandal, sell special blueprints on the market as time-limited items for 1 credit with a date of expiration set several days before re-releasing the Lato/Braton Vandal.  Those who feel like their closed beta-testing efforts are being trampled & spat on will be able to use these blueprints to convert their Lato/Braton Vandal into a cosmetic item of their choice depending on the blueprint chosen.

Example: "Old War Emblem - Lato Vandal Blueprint" uses a Lato Vandal as a crafting ingredient to build an emblem, "Low Guardian Sigil - Braton Vandal Blueprint" uses a Braton Vandal as a crafting ingredient to build a sigil.

It is important to have these blueprints expire (removed from the market and player inventories) before the re-release of the Lato/Braton Vandal, so that only the people who have the original weapons (the players that participated in the closed beta) may be able to use the blueprints to convert them.

With this solution, the closed-beta testers will have something to differentiate themselves from everyone else, and everyone else can have their mastery fodder.

Dude, no. My Braton Vandal is fromed 8 times, my Lato is formed 6 times. I don't to start over again with formaing

I'd rather they:

A) Keep the Lato and Braton Vandal exclusive to CB players, and continue keeping Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime exclusive to Founders.  .The Lato Vandal was given as a thank-you for all of the feedback and suggestions given in order to make Warframe playable for the masses.  I see the Braton Vandal as a token of appreciation given as a "thanks for sticking around long enough to see this go public", considering the window to get it was only during the week of the launch (much like the Black Mesa Crowbar for Blacklight: Retribution).  The Founder Program items were an incentive, as well a thank-you, for having enough faith in the game to support it monetarily.

or

B) Re-release the Lato and Braton Vandal, as well as Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime free, for all current and future players to get.  How they could be obtained would be up to DE.  Award CB players cosmetic items in replacement of their Latos and Bratons, like a badge and a sigil, maybe even a skin of some sort.  Obviously, keep the Founder badge, sigil, and Council chat exclusive to Founders, and give them a skin as well (just spit-balling ideas here).  This has been the case with previous event weapons, where the badges and sigils remained obtainable only by event participation.

Personally, the biggest argument I'm seeing for pro-release is "I don't have it, and I want it, so release it again so I can get it", which is fine to feel.  However, keep in mind that the CB players that have stuck around long enough to see this discussion finally come up are usually only defined by the fact that they have a Lato and/or Braton Vandal.  As others have suggested, while they do have rather poor stats, compared to other, easily-obtainable weapons, they generally hold sentimental value and a reminder of how far along the game has come.  Giving them to everyone would devalue it's sentiment value (to an extent, of course), but also feels like the devs are saying "Hey, thanks for helping us pan out all the bugs and tweaks to make the game desirable to the average player, but we're kind of stuck in a rut here, so we're just going to give out to calm everyone down. thanks champ!".  Not to mention, [DE] Rebecca already stated that " They are exclusive. Lobbying is not encouraged", in reference to the Vandal series, which, at the time, was the Braton and Lato Vandal, suggesting that like the Founders Program, they would honor their promise and keep the items exclusive as thanks to CB players.  If they're going to retract this promise, I see no issue with retracing their promise to keep Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime exclusive to the Founders' Program. considering it was supposed to end before Open Beta, resulting in it being exclusive to CB players as well.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/12047-warframe-founders-program-ending-march-16th/#entry98832

https://twitter.com/playwarframe/status/314357849310498816

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/

1 hour ago, markus230 said:

Okay, you will get your own Lato Vandal next time Warframe gets out of Closed Beta :|

Its not the same thing as anniversary items.

I am talking about Branton Vandal.

And yes, it is the same as anniversary.

If Braton Vandal is not supposed to return because there won't be another CB to OB transition, then why did Dex Furis return? Because I am pretty sure there won't be another "1st Anniversary".

I think people should consider how many of the Vandal owners are still active... 3 years later that number is shrinking as new blood take over. It reminds me of the design council changing to accept new non founder members by DE invite. Elitism needs to end, it fractures the community.

On 16.07.2016 at 8:55 PM, goatwithbenefits said:

Just wait, one year or two later we'll get this same discussion about founder exclusives too. Can't wait for Skana/Lato/Excalibur Prime parts appearing in relics.

I hope that Founders gear will return one day, for the same price as first time around. It should just like CBT however. DE should ask Founders if they are okay with if, if they are not then don't release it, if they are then do

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

I think people should consider how many of the Vandal owners are still active... 3 years later that number is shrinking as new blood take over. It reminds me of the design council changing to accept new non founder members by DE invite. Elitism needs to end, it fractures the community.

Wait, why are they inviting non-founders into the Design Council when there's a butt load of Hunter and Disciple Founders out there they could also invite..? We originally didn't get Design Council as part of the package.

Also, all the talk of Founders items and asking Founders, you do realize Disciples like me didn't get anything, right? Not even Excalibur Prime.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, markus230 said:

I hope that Founders gear will return one day, for the same price as first time around. It should just like CBT however. DE should ask Founders if they are okay with if, if they are not then don't release it, if they are then do

And if it was $200 with just Excal/Skana/Lato Prime and Boosters/Plat I'll be cool with that

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Wait, why are they inviting non-founders into the Design Council when there's a butt load of Hunter and Disciple Founders out there they could also invite..? We originally didn't get Design Council as part of the package.

Probably to get a broader set of opinions on things, though as you said they could've just rolled with low tier founders. Thing is, that founders aren't necessarily forum active and the new invites are only given to people who are active in the forum. 

thank you original warframers for allowing the re-release thats awesome of ya we as newbies pretty much are trying live to gain in this game as the game is now and i do feel the original players should handsomely compensate with a gift of non release weapon or mod to speak of how kind they really are

On 16.07.2016 at 9:03 PM, Gild_TheMinstrelKnight said:

I'm totally fine if they return, everyone should have the chance to get it. They were given for free just because few were lucky enough to join before the rest. If we want a better and fair game we should stop elitism and special snowflakes. Almost four years of exclusivity is more than enough.

Look, Im fine with re-release as long as we will get something in return. But please stop using the "Elitist" card.

Because all I see is "You don't want to give away only thing you've got for being CBT therefore you are selfish, entitled elitist"

DE promised CBT players exclusive stuff, and they should keep that promise, that the only reason I think we should get compensated. If they didn't promise us exclusive stuff I'd be fine with recycling Lato and Braton like any other weapon. I was promised Fashionframe and I want Fashionframe okay?

Edited by markus230

The founder stuff is a different discussion - they were kickstarter esc rewards of a day the WF we know was a pipedream. Theres been a few articles on how intergral those packages were to funding the game... they were hard cash investments - Vandal weapons were not.

I'd be fine with the return of the Vandals BUT ONLY if those of us who earned them originally get something as compensation to prove we had them when they were originally given out. Yeah, they were just given out to CB testers, but like someone said earlier, those Vandals are the only way for us CB testers to prove how long we've been playing, and if everyone suddenly gets their hands on them, what do we have to prove our time with this game?

We don't have any shiny exclusive Primes or avatars like the Founders, so it'd be nice if we CB testers were given some form of recognition as well should these weapons come back.

Edited by Fukushu

6 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Thing is that they would break their promise to never release it again. If they step down on that promise it would show that they'd break their word for money or to pander to their players.

Just now, Fukushu said:

I'd be fine with the return of the Vandals BUT ONLY if those of us who earned them originally get something as compensation to prove we had them when they were originally given out. Yeah, they were just given out to CB testers, but like someone said earlier, those Vandals are the only way for us CB testers to prove how long we've been playing, and if everyone suddenly gets their hands on them, what do we have to prove our time with this game?

We don't have any shiny exclusive Primes or avatars like the Founders, so it'd be nice if we CB testers were given some form of recognition as well should these weapons come back.

So like something like the tennocon syndana to show that you were there?

On 16.07.2016 at 9:10 PM, Skycook3y said:

Thing is that they would break their promise to never release it again. If they step down on that promise it would show that they'd break their word for money or to pander to their players.

They promised the same thing with CBT items. Yet now they want to bring them back. They already broke their word

Pretty much, yea

Edited by markus230

Just now, oshunter124 said:

A Syandana, Sigil, Badge, or Sugatra (though I don't know how many players feel about melee dangly accessories) would be nice, yes. Maybe even a little icon next to our forum avatars; just something to separate the CB Vandal owners from the new player Vandal owners.

I'd be content with a good looking syandana and a good looking sigil, personally (Maybe even just the tennocon cape itself plus a "closed beta" sigil that doesn't look garbage)

Oh and markus check your messages when ya got a moment.

At least we can conclude one thing by now, DE definitely regret the way they handled exclusives in the past, it never is a good idea to make gear exclusive, especially in a game where gear will determine your mastery level, and especially now that Primes are no longer just swag, but actual upgrades to normal versions.

Excalibur Prime was originally just swag, fashion frame as we like to all say, a slightly more cool looking Excalibur, now they face the dilemma that Primes are no longer what Excalibur Prime was, those that have him want the same thing to go for him, for him to no longer be just swag, they buffed him a while back and I recall that wasn't entirely well received beyond the Founders.

My biggest issue with these Vandal weapons, as well as the Founder items that I find the far more important issue, is the fact that no matter how you look at it, these items give mastery and in the case of the Founder primes, will inevitably become upgrades to the normal versions, DE is withholding progress from players.

Edit: Never mind what was in this last bit before, if I'm going to show exclusive mastery, I'll do it correctly, 61k mastery is either partially or entirely unobtainable now, 12k of it is Founder items, the other part is market retired or event weapons, like the vandals, some will argue that amount is meaningless as it isn't an actual rank worth of mastery at high levels, but it's still progress.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Short answer: No. The items shouldn't be re-released to the public.

Long answer: Yes, but only for those who were physically here at the time these Vandal variant weapons were available. So, if you were here back then and you missed a chance, or passed on them, they should be available to you.

I wasn't here when they were first released, either (first played Warframe in December 2014). Voted no in the poll.

1 minute ago, Rhekemi said:

Long answer: Yes, but only for those who were physically here at the time these Vandal variant weapons were available. So, if you were here back then and you missed a chance, or passed on them, they should be available to you.

I wasn't here when they were first released, either (first played Warframe in December 2014). Voted no in the poll.

un huh so people who passed on Founders Vault when it was available should be allowed it too? Your Logic not mine

2 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

By that logic I should be given the chance to upgrade from Disciple to Hunter and get my Excalibur Prime. >.>

3 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

As usual, Rhekemi being the voice of reason.

I don't have access to these weapons, nor do I want to. They should be exclusive to those who were in it for the long haul. They're not even endgame viable, making them more of a memento than anything else. I'm all for being inclusive going forward, but those guns have a meaning attached to them. Imagine if everyone could get the Tennocon Syandana, even those who didn't attend. It would really devalue the meaning of the things.