The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12-8-2016 at 9:21 AM, AM-Bunny said:

Obviously the exception to this is the Founders items, since they were advertised as never to come back, ever.

i believe the same was said about the Braton & Lato vandal but still later they were talking about bringing it back somehow.

i think they should somehow bring back everything, yes even the founders pack. you could give that to people who met certain (really hard) requirements and maybe they can do the same with all the other weapons and stuff

I think Founders and the original Beta testers earned those weapons. At first it bothered me that I'd never have an Excalibur Prime, but then I realised that even had I been there I probably wouldn't have given the game a chance enough to put my money into an unfinished product. Those that took that risk all those years ago deserve to reap some rewards. In other words, if it weren't for those people the game might not exist now for us to play at all.

As said in the topic I was just in, the Founder and original Vandal weapons aren't really competitive. They're not really usable in the Conclave, and even then, with every update to the game increasing the general power level of everything those original weapons have been left behind, damage- and use-wise. Ultimately, while still servicable, they're mostly just status symbols. They're the furthest thing from overpowered, so just let them have that one small thing that makes them special.

Edited by (PS4)GrandisSupernus

Yes, I would like to see these return.

As a new player, I would love for all items to eventually return in one way or another for me to get them.

To be more specific, I'd prefer to not have to wait more than a year for the return of a given item's availability. That availability can be for a limited time, but I want a chance each year to get it. Waiting for more than a year seems a bit too much to me.

On 16/08/2016 at 11:20 PM, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Over a Month and 53 Pages without any further response from DE. I'm calling this clickbait.

New prime access, new quest, new frame, new companions, new weapons, overhauls to fusion/map/AW et  not enough for you recently? Seriously I don't understand peoples mindsets sometimes lol - they're so used to getting stuff they focus on what they've not got instead of what they have. Patience friend

OF course you should but also can we see some new themed weapons besides Vandal Wraith and Prime - perhaps with the new Excalibur on the horizon HOPEFULLY we could see the birth of UMBRA and ASTRAL and Ethereal types of things maybe .. Just an example for names of theme types. Also What about a Phoenix themed weapon and warframe one that heals and does incredible damage like the legends. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skode said:

New prime access, new quest, new frame, new companions, new weapons, overhauls to fusion/map/AW et  not enough for you recently? Seriously I don't understand peoples mindsets sometimes lol - they're so used to getting stuff they focus on what they've not got instead of what they have. Patience friend

I dont want to be given all the stuff, I want to be "Able" to get all the stuff so I would finally be treated as an equal Player. I still have a long road ahead. "77 Items in Foundry to claim"

7 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I dont want to be given all the stuff, I want to be "Able" to get all the stuff so I would finally be treated as an equal Player. I still have a long road ahead. "77 Items in Foundry to claim"

I hear ya dude, though with so much still to work on though we can afford a wait before hearing more. Esp if certain players were feeling emotionally raw over prospect (though admittedly I can count on one hand owners I've seen against it - the no is by majority non owners weirdly enough). I need them too, they and the Gorgon Wraith are the only non founders weapons I'm missing (was away when they brought that back (hoping next sortie season offers it).

To be honest , i would love seeiing them as login rewards but only after 800+ days played or so , there must be a certain way of showing your dedication to the game , I've been playing this game for about more then 3 years and missed them and the founders package saddly enough thanx to beiing hospitalliced for a seriuos illness and i would like to at least be abble to get those two weapons , even if i need to pay for them beacause i fully support this game nd cant wait for it to get out of beta.

I will howerver fully support spacemom and spacedad (and other devs aswell)  on  their dessicion , and can understand why some people want to keep it exclusive.

1 hour ago, Drbananas said:

To be honest , i would love seeiing them as login rewards but only after 800+ days played or so , there must be a certain way of showing your dedication to the game , I've been playing this game for about more then 3 years and missed them and the founders package saddly enough thanx to beiing hospitalliced for a seriuos illness and i would like to at least be abble to get those two weapons , even if i need to pay for them beacause i fully support this game nd cant wait for it to get out of beta.

I will howerver fully support spacemom and spacedad (and other devs aswell)  on  their dessicion , and can understand why some people want to keep it exclusive.

I agree with the dedication stuff, but 800+ days is almost 3 years, that's a bit too much maybe? 

Unless there's a way to count the login 1.0 too, then I think 500 would be more reasonable. 

Not mentioning putting a 3 years of daily logins wall to new players is not fair if you ask me. 

Again, I don't want them to be just given away and I'm totally for a dedication requirement, but not something that hard. 

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I agree with the dedication stuff, but 800+ days is almost 3 years, that's a bit too much maybe? 

Unless there's a way to count the login 1.0 too, then I think 500 would be more reasonable. 

Not mentioning putting a 3 years of daily logins wall to new players is not fair if you ask me. 

Again, I don't want them to be just given away and I'm totally for a dedication requirement, but not something that hard. 

Agreed, if you add those 800 days to the time already played before the new count began it will be 5 or 6 years in real time for some players.

hours played is probably the best method, especially if you want to equate the weapons to "dedication".

On 21-8-2016 at 1:35 PM, siralextraffo said:

yeah perhaps 800 days is a lot , it just want them to be difficult to get

On 21-8-2016 at 4:49 PM, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Agreed, if you add those 800 days to the time already played before the new count began it will be 5 or 6 years in real time for some players.

hours played is probably the best method, especially if you want to equate the weapons to "dedication".

This may  be indeed a solution a certain amount of hours spent in game not to low preferrably, those weapons should really show your dedication to the game

Edited by Drbananas
better phrasing of response

As I think that stuff of this nature is good and all to keep them out so the people who were around for them have them as sort of a bragging right, for people like me that would have gotten them if they had known the game even existed but didn't at the time, not because they weren't paying attention, but for some reason that may have been out of their control were left out of the loop, getting another chance to receive or even purchase some of these items would be nice too, personally, I would love the opportunity to get ahold of Excalibur Prime or some of the earlier and now inaccessible frames/weapons in the game

I missed buying the braton vandal by a few days. If you're going to give weapons i worked my &#! off for, like the brakk and other event exclusives, to anybody, then why wouldn't Beta items be available again? 

On 15/07/2016 at 8:50 AM, oshunter124 said:

You can ask for it back through support. Generally on the topic of selling stuff like that, excalibur prime and other non-obtainable weapons they're generally lenient on giving stuff like that back.

There is like a 30 day return policy. I accidentally sold my Snipetron vandal ages ago and they couldn't return it because the transaction was no long available in my account's history. 

They could appease the "exclusive club" complainers by adding badges or weapon skins for "years of service". That way every year players would get a new show-off item. 

Edited by _Connor

9 hours ago, _Connor said:

They could appease the "exclusive club" complainers by adding badges or weapon skins for "years of service". That way every year players would get a new show-off item. 

This is actually quite an interesting idea; very rewarding for CB players as they'd be remembered every year getting a continuous compensation, but nothing too painful for the others.

I'd approve this one!

6 hours ago, Arrectius said:

I would like to have those weapons, but to be honest they will probably just dust on my inventory after getting 30, i think they shall remain as a beta weapons for sake of beta testers.

Nothing stopping them getting buffed you know lol. Depends on how they're added if they indeed will be - they will be MR fodder if there's so rare to obtain vs seriously op alternatives much easier to access. 95% all veterans armory options are swag only these days. Hell latest access weapons alone made majority of alternatives obsolete by comparison (even Sancti Tigris and War are out performed).