Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was kavat dna really boosted?

Ketec

Finally having some time to deal with kavats, running derelict - and after my 6th run, scanning all ferals - iv collected whole ONE dna.

That averages out to 120 ext runs to get the first kavat.  Was it broken again in the last patches?

4 runs today including using oberon so I don't kill them by accident while dealing with enemies and I've had 0 dna.... even scanned 6 yes 6 in one solo  event and got 0 return.  Starting to think theres a bug with using the cephalon synthesis scanner because my rng isn't 'that' bad, I can normally get a kubrow egg every other run, not that I can keep it due to limited to just 1 at a time...

With the amount of these threads popping up there's got to be 'something' wrong with scanning kavats... either that or they're using this to push people to platinum (nope not biting, this is making me not buy any)

Edited by LSG501

RNG just being fickle at its finest.

So far after they updated drop rate I ran with a friend and got only 4 DNAs out of 10+ runs (lots no DNAs runs) & decided call it to try again next day.

Lo & behold the very next day we ran we gotten between 2-4 and one 6 DNAs in one session (only 1 or 2 with no DNA), so guess RNG smiled upon us that day.

46 minutes ago, Ketec said:

Finally having some time to deal with kavats, running derelict - and after my 6th run, scanning all ferals - iv collected whole ONE dna.

That averages out to 120 ext runs to get the first kavat.  Was it broken again in the last patches?

Run it with a group of 4. Kavat pack size is influenced by how many ppl are in your group. Solo 2 per group, with 4 people you get 4-5 kavats per pack.

Kavat DNA is basically the same as Kubrow eggs. Except you need to collect ten eggs instead of just the one.

IMO, they really need to just make every single scan give you a DNA and drastically increase the required DNA to create a Kavat. Make it 100% acquisition, but you need say, 50 or even 100 DNAs to make one. At least so you're making f***ing progress. Finally got my first 20 DNAs for kitty #1 yesterday.

ADDENDUM/EDIT: IMO, bring a Dragon Key with you. Derelict enemies are not that strong once you've got some hours under your belt. Either Bleeding Rhino (stomp even with tons of power STR and roar will not kill Kavats FYI), Hobbled Oberon, or an Extinguished Nova can make your "DNA hunting" a bit more rewarding when you're picking up a spare corrupt mod now and again. It helped the psychological aspect for me quite substantially.

Edited by DiosGX
bring dragon keys

7 minutes ago, bejuizb said:

Managed 30 or so in about 4 hours of exterminates. Equinox + Helios + Derelict Exterminates netted me the most success. You could also go with Ivara. The droprates are low, but not impossible.

Helios won't help, at least not that I've seen. Especially not once you're done with the codex entry.

Personally, I run a Carrier Prime with no gun, Rhino with maxed out range and duration for the stomp, and Synthesis Scanner with endless charges and chance of two scans in one.

sure party is fine - but trustign random pugs not to kill them with aoe-s and let others scan is a issue. Clan/alliance isn't interested much -  many bought the codes, others are sick of farming it.

Just now, (PS4)Daimon15 said:

So farm teams like Ivara, Necros, Atlas work for that?
I mean, Atlas make stone, people scan, ivara get loot, kill, then necros despoil... no work?

I am on PS4, so dont have that update yet, just trying to understend what happen.

you only get them from scanning so those abilities won't help

1 minute ago, (PS4)Daimon15 said:

So farm teams like Ivara, Necros, Atlas work for that?
I mean, Atlas make stone, people scan, ivara get loot, kill, then necros despoil... no work?

I am on PS4, so dont have that update yet, just trying to understend what happen.

Nope. The DNA is acquired from the act of scanning itself. The only way to boost the drops is the 2x chance widget for synth scanners, and lag. Sweet, sweet lag to make double-scans happen alongside the widget's proc can net you 4 DNAs in one scan.

3 minutes ago, Ketec said:

Nekros is worthless - dna comes only from scans not loot.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, VinDanger said:

you only get them from scanning so those abilities won't help

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Nope. The DNA is acquired from the act of scanning itself. The only way to boost the drops is the 2x chance widget for synth scanners, and lag. Sweet, sweet lag to make double-scans happen alongside the widget's proc can net you 4 DNAs in one scan.

Thanks...

Once, when i was doing LOR, at the second part in the pads, one Banshee was spaming the sonar skill, and when i try scan the enemies (i use that when EV to see where they are), i got like 8 scans in one try, not sure if is a bug or if you scan a vulnerability is fast. And i have the 2x widget, maybe that work well too.

But i recomend try, i never try replicate this, and happen more than once that day.

Most of this has already been said, but whatever.

What objective are you running? I recommend Exterminate, NOT Capture.

Are you playing solo or in a group? More players = more kitties.

Are you using synthesis scanner with the double-scan widget? If not... obtain it ASAP.

How many kavats are you scanning per run? I think I get an average of nine cats running in a group of two.

And of course, make sure to use some form of hard CC with long enough duration to scan them, and low enough damage (or none at all) so they don't lose what little health they have left after being Scorched from the next room over.

There's an additional benefit if you're not the group's host and are sufficiently laggy--it's possible to scan a single kavat twice with high enough latency.

Almost every run gives me at least one geneticode, and it's not too uncommon to get up to 6 in a single run. In fact, I once got 5 geneticodes from a single kavat. Which was probably a lag-induced double-scan where each scan also proc'd the widget double-scan, but still. It's a thing that happened.

EDIT: Oh, and Helios and Ore Gaze are confirmed not to work. Don't use them, although Petrify can be used to make the cats stand still if you don't have anything better (Bastille...)

EDIT2: And as others have said (it needs to be said again), loot-frames don't help at all because it's the act of scanning that grants geneticodes--they're not a drop on death.

Edited by AgentSkye