Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was kavat dna really boosted?

Ketec

I've been scanning lore fragments, running ODE and scanning kavats while I'm doing it.  To complete derelict lore framgents you need 21 runs, in those 21 runs overall I got 21 Kavat DNA, some runs none, some runs 2, some 4. *shrug*

58 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

4 runs today including using oberon so I don't kill them by accident while dealing with enemies and I've had 0 dna.... even scanned 6 yes 6 in one solo  event and got 0 return.

19 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Personally, I run a Carrier Prime with no gun, Rhino with maxed out range and duration for the stomp, and Synthesis Scanner with endless charges and chance of two scans in one.

Question since I can't go home and try for at least another couple hours:

Is it that Rhino Stomp and (presumably) Reckoning don't target feral Kavats at all, or is it that they don't do enough damage to feral Kavats to kill them?

Just now, Ketec said:

stop stuns - and kavats got enough armor.

But ivara sleep arrow, equinox sleep, inaros sand, vauban work too

Also radial blind. I've just been blinding everything and getting my scans in that way.

Equinox's Rest is the best ability I've found for scanning cats. Get a full squad with at least one of: Equinox, Vauban, Ivara, Excalibur, Inaros, to stun cats. The more, the better. Disarm your sentinel so it won't kill any cats, and don't use damaging abilities. Run an ODE, mark any cats you find so the whole squad can scan them.

For the numbers, I have 196 Kavat scans (some before the drop buff) and those got me exactly 20 Genetic Codes. Meaning the Code drop chance is now probably better than 1 in 10.

25 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Reckoning don't target feral Kavats at all, or is it that they don't do enough damage to feral Kavats to kill them?

Oberons passive 'tames' all wild creatures for iirc 20seconds (seems longer) and makes them my allies, meaning I can't hurt them (no reckoning either) so I can carry on killing infested etc without worrying over the kavats getting killed in the melee as they 'help' attack the infested/grineer/corpus.   This is literally the only time I've found oberons passive to actually have a use....

Side note: I've tried equinox and nezha and found oberon to be the most effective at scanning them, just not getting any dna from the scans.

Edited by LSG501

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Oberons passive 'tames' all wild creatures for iirc 20seconds (seems longer) and makes them my allies, meaning I can't hurt them (no reckoning either) so I can carry on killing infested etc without worrying over the kavats getting killed in the melee as they 'help' attack the infested/grineer/corpus.   This is literally the only time I've found oberons passive to actually have a use....

Right. That existed. I might try this later.

It wears off after 20 seconds, but if the Kavat is still within 10 meters of you when it wears off, the effect will be refreshed for another 20 seconds.

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

Right. That existed. I might try this later.

It wears off after 20 seconds, but if the Kavat is still within 10 meters of you when it wears off, the effect will be refreshed for another 20 seconds.

ah so it refreshes, I was sure it was just a one time use....

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

Finally having some time to deal with kavats, running derelict - and after my 6th run, scanning all ferals - iv collected whole ONE dna.

That averages out to 120 ext runs to get the first kavat.  Was it broken again in the last patches?

derelic capture missions solo, took me 30m to get 11 genetics codes.

I've seen where they've "increased" the drop rate.  Instead of me farming 25 Kavats to even THINK about getting a single DNA I can now farm 5-10 for a single DNA sample... am I happy about it....... ask me again in a few weeks....... I MIGHT have enough for my first Kavat (I unfortunately cannot get on often as I'd like... thanks to my jobs).

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

Non-infinite enemy count and a more linear path to extraction. Capture often has the capture target's route branch from the route to extraction.

Plus the whole "enemies spawn with ridiculously high density while knowing your exact location and will run directly to you to even if you are invisible" thing on Capture after encountering the target kind of gets old.

I don't understand why so many ppl are complaining about the kavat dna gathering. Until now in about 15 ODE i've found over 45 samples. Even got 6 in one run.
Do you have the Cross Matrix widget, 3 other players that know what they are doing?

Maybe i was lucky. Anyhow, add me in-game it will be a pleasure to farm with you guys.

Edited by Charko

1 minute ago, Charko said:

I don't understand why so many ppl are complaining about the kavat dna gathering. Until now in about 15 ODE i've found over 45 samples. Even got 6 in one run.
Do you have the Cross Matrix widget, 3 other players that know what they are doing?

I don't see why people complain when their houses catch fire. My house is not on fire. I don't see the issue.

53 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I don't see why people complain when their houses catch fire. My house is not on fire. I don't see the issue.

UUUUH BURN! (in the slang meaning, not the physical meaning)

That, sir, was really clever.
And made me chuckle (whilst crying for my code-situation).

10 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

UUUUH BURN! (in the slang meaning, not the physical meaning)

That, sir, was really clever.
And made me chuckle (whilst crying for my code-situation).

I take no credit for it, regrettably. I am merely passing on the wise words of someone else more witty than I.