Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updates vs Synoid Simulor

Duduminador

I don't like it\use it but other players like it\use it?! NEEEEEEEERFFFFFFFFF IIIIIIIIT!!!!11

Srsly-let other players do what they like to do, don't tell them what they should or shouldn't use, thats extremely selfish and short sighted. If you run premade-say that you don't wanna SS in your team, if you run pubs-welp, that your bad, coz in pubs players run with whatever set up they want.

Things thats defy selfish player and players who actully think is-second don't ask for nerfs, he ask for buffs, or atleast for rebancing stuff. Player who care is not about-i don't like it coz of this and this, here, nerf it.  He says-i don't like this and this and i think if that was this it would be better and i maybe gonna start using it. And again-he doesn't dictate what other player should or shouldn't use.

And yes, headshots from aoe guns got nerfed.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

You people need to pull your heads out of your own asses and take a look around.

You keep using the same excuse, over and over again. That a person shouldn't be bothered with someone else's overpowered gun. That's it's selfish to request a nerf of a gun you don't support.

Yet it only takes one person to ruin the game of 4 others. And then you call those selfish for voicing it out.

On 7/17/2016 at 2:36 PM, bejuizb said:

Not that hard to click 3 more times bud. The weapon still far outdamages most things in the game. It's worth the investment.

agreed but my point stands

10 hours ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

I don't like it\use it but other players like it\use it?! NEEEEEEEERFFFFFFFFF IIIIIIIIT!!!!11

Srsly-let other players do what they like to do, don't tell them what they should or shouldn't use, thats extremely selfish and short sighted. If you run premade-say that you don't wanna SS in your team, if you run pubs-welp, that your bad, coz in pubs players run with whatever set up they want.

Things thats defy selfish player and players who actully think is-second don't ask for nerfs, he ask for buffs, or atleast for rebancing stuff. Player who care is not about-i don't like it coz of this and this, here, nerf it.  He says-i don't like this and this and i think if that was this it would be better and i maybe gonna start using it. And again-he doesn't dictate what other player should or shouldn't use.

And yes, headshots from aoe guns got nerfed.

If a sniper rifle did a million damage per headshot, I could care less; it's a single target, precision weapon. Even with the massive damage it gives, everyone else is going to have a fair chance at actually killing stuff, as the sniper user is restricted to usually single target.

The SS though, grants near sniper level damage in a good sized AOE, constant knockback, energy regen, and goes to ludicrous levels of damage/CC with a Mirage, the primary offender of its abuse.  As it stands, a half-decent Mirage/SS user can effectively deny gameplay to any other player in the area. How the hell is sniper DPS in an AOE with no aim required a good, balanced mechanic?

In addition, such a powerful "synergy" (you know, in the same way that a dictator with large resources can impose tyranny is a "synergy") disrupts DE's content release;

"Ok guys, this enemy is going to be able to dodge fast, close distance quickly, and have certain weakpoints."

Enemy is released.

"Hmm. Alright, it seems as though players are streamrolling this new mini-boss enemy just like a normal lancer by spamming AOE weapons with the top 5% DPS, only stopping to reload; forums are full of complaints that the enemy isn't interesting at all as a result. We could nerf the gun/combo we know is responsible, but players throw a hissy-fit when nerfs happen, so...better buff its health pool/armor so it stays alive longer for it to use its abilities!"

Enemy becomes a nigh invincible tank that is only able to practically be killed by mentioned OP combo.

"Alright guys, the forums are full of complaints that the enemy is too cheesy, and they have no tools to deal with it. We can tone down that outlier and the enemy as well to match...or we could buff every weapon/frame in the game to be able to deal with it! Keep in mind, our next enemy is going to have to have at least the same armor/health/damage, so get to work inflating those multipliers!"

Power creep ensues, one-shot mechanics increase, and the game becomes more of a CC/DPS fest. 

No thanks.

Guys, the synoid simulor isnt broken, mirage's clone mechanics are.

Simulor upsides

-big aoe range(Balanced by its incapability of using fire storm)

-Ammo efficient

-Decent clip

Downsides

-extremely limited range(SHOTGUNS have at least 3x the range)

-Negligible Crit

-Negligible  status 

-Meh fire rate

-Meh base damage

Don't straight up nerf the simulor , fix the interaction between the power

Edited by OzoneSlayer

4 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Simulor upsides

-big aoe range(Balanced by its incapability of using fire storm)

-Ammo efficient

-Decent clip

Downsides

-extremely limited range(SHOTGUNS have at least 3x the range)

-Negligible Crit

-Negligible  status 

-Meh fire rate

-Meh base damage

Don't straight up nerf the simulor , fix the interaction between the power

I think you're forgetting a 30 fps frame drop is also a problem if a mirage with any weapons that have a lot of particles I stay at the other side of the map from her

12 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

7 hours ago, Heidrek said:

I think you're forgetting a 30 fps frame drop is also a problem if a mirage with any weapons that have a lot of particles I stay at the other side of the map from her

Oh, please. Not that again. I´m not playing Mirage & Simulor that often because it is quite easy. But I like exactly that combination (or some other like whoa I can´t see anything). That is what Mirage makes her somehow Unique. We have already only 2 Clones firing.

Whats next? No more Ignis (Oh wait, why didn´t I got that Idea before?) because that guy in front of me is obstructing my view while I´m currently playing a single shot weapon? Complaining about particles in Warframe? Really?

It´s not that I can not understand your points. I don´t like it sometimes either. But then let´s be honest: It is not only the Mirage / Simulor combination. And it´s kinda funny how only a single combination ist not ok, but the other one is fine. Like Ash? Killing a bunch of Enemies with one button...

It's probably time I make a video about how dumb DE and some of the forum goers are about unique weapons.

The regular simulor was trash, being poorly balanced for the fact it had a unique mechanic. The Synoid one is mostly a quality of life improvement, and everyone *@##$es that it works. It's probably one of the weapons that actually synergizes with other frames, like how Zephyr builds using increased projectile speed, or Mirage speeding up the build up, or whether or not to use Multishot, but people complain when we add some variety to the ironically rigid customization system.

On the other hand, we have trash like the Buzlok and the Stradavar that will probably never receive the damage buffs they need to be competitive so that people will use these unique and interesting weapons.

Edited by Snowbluff

55 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

It's probably time I make a video about how dumb DE and some of the forum goers are about unique weapons.

The regular simulor was trash, being poorly balanced for the fact it had a unique mechanic. The Synoid one is mostly a quality of life improvement, and everyone *@##$es that it works. It's probably one of the weapons that actually synergizes with other frames, like how Zephyr builds using increased projectile speed, or Mirage speeding up the build up, or whether or not to use Multishot, but people complain when we add some variety to the ironically rigid customization system.

On the other hand, we have trash like the Buzlok and the Stradavar that will probably never receive the damage buffs they need to be competitive so that people will use these unique and interesting weapons.

Hey, I agree that a lot of " unique" weapons should receive buffs... We have a lot of interesting weapons that dont deal any damage...

17 hours ago, Heidrek said:

That's not a problem with the weapons stats though

7 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

That's not a problem with the weapons stats though

the stats never were a problem it was that the damage was times 4, I really never noticed it until I got a banshee and I noticed the resonances on the head were dispersing. 

15 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Was the regular simular bad? I thought it was just a weaker version of the synoid. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

If you shoot above enemies head still counts as headshots?

It does not. It is possible to do headshots but I dind't get the mechanic yet.
I used to shoot right above their head but now they don't count as headshots.
You probably have to make a Singularity right NEAR their head.

I not want to suggest a nerf really, but a simple solution for mirage with that kind of weapon whould be, limit the total amount of vortex or particles one palyer can have, lets say 5 total vortex, so the longest vansiehs after the 6th one whould get created, consdier other classes won't be able to create like 5 in total to have maybe with high fire rate without clones.

Also DE make items not get ragdolled by it anymore, for the sake of MD or Void Fissures.

Edited by Marine027

On 22/07/2016 at 4:08 AM, Prepotenza said:

It does not. It is possible to do headshots but I dind't get the mechanic yet.
I used to shoot right above their head but now they don't count as headshots.
You probably have to make a Singularity right NEAR their head.

Wow, I´m on Ps4 so couldn´t test it but this is really a pain for a weapon like simulor...