Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updates vs Synoid Simulor

Duduminador

Explain this.

What's the point of introducing sorties, introducing new chalenges, change the whole grinding, rising average mission levels and yet keep this rolling, not adressing the same problems that's going to break whatever new mechanics the devs bring into the game, over and over again?

It was like before, it is now, it's going to be like that on War Within, WHATEVER the devs bring into, is going to come down to random shooting everywhere because of this damn fu.cking gun (because nobody pays attention untill somebody starts cursing), unless of course you get to play it solo.

I've learned to enjoy the recent changes to their fulliest. It's kinda fun doing the fissures. But they encourage some the cheapest synergies and broken gameplay mechanics that everybody has been trying to swept under the carpet, simply because everybody is already tired of seeing and talking about it. I'm finding Mirages on Synoid simulors further game discouraging, more than ever, to the point I just can't keep on playing warframe anymore, just close the game out of frustration and go about playing something else.

Edited by Duduminador

Honestly, making it so Mirage's clones wouldn't make their own vortexes would solve a lot of the problem. It's not a strategy to spam M1 over and over and over, while everything up to level 90 simply dies from being close to you. It makes the game obnoxious to play for other people as well, with the constant screen shake, annoying FX, and bright flashes.

1 minute ago, maxyboy400 said:

Is it just me or people wanna buff enemies when they already have that scaling n need frames n weapons, if you don't like a weapon or frame don't use it

Null and void, as a Mirage using the SS actively inhibits me from several playstyles like shotguns, melee, snipers, etc, as they can simply bullet-jump in with no repercussions. They're practically playing the game for me at a certain point. Who needs precision weapons when you can spam AOE for similar damage, amrite??

The weapon is annoying at best with the average frame, but plain out broken with Mirage, simply by virtue of her clones. The DPS increase is massive, along with constantly staggering enemies that get too close, hitting enemies through walls, giving you free energy, etc.

2 minutes ago, Xennocide420 said:

stop hatin'

Nice feedback.

people need to learn to detonate their simulor combines once they are finished with them

instead they just spam it randomly everywhere doing ⅛ the dmg if they focused the weapon

its probably the worst weapon in the game in terms of players trolling with visual noise 

3 minutes ago, maxyboy400 said:

if you don't like a weapon or frame don't use it

That's the whole point of it.

Don't want to. Don't like it, hate it. But I can't exclude them from my matchmaking, can I? Either I don't pick them and do nothing th whole match, or I have to pick a frame and wapon aI don't like, so I don't get left behind.

Or maybe if I start using both non stop, it'll add to the hate and convince more people that this has to go.

Scruboid Simulor is the cheesiest gun of them all.

I enjoy the regular Simulor (since I'm ashamed of using the Synoid variant :S). I suggest that Scruboid Simulor gets a range nerf and some other kind of disatvantage. It's be cool if we were to choose which version we'd like to use more but now the Synoid variant is just a straight upgrade to the regular one :(

Edit. Something else I'd like to point out.

As of now, something like 80% of the players run with the weapon always equipped. You can imagine how common is the scenario of a bomb/battery/reactant/whatever being stuck in a vortex and impossible to pick up.

Edited by Raniu

heres a naughty little nerf tactic give each projectile created by mirage an Id based on which clone fired it preventing them from merging it will prevent the simulor orbs from combining with clone orbs so only the ones fired from the same clone combine if you get what im saying

Edited by V45H

"Don't like it, don't use it"

A: null and void argument that won't stop other players from using it in my parties.

"Play with clanmates or friends only"

A: not everyone is in a clan, not everyone has been played enough to have friends in the game.

"play solo then

A: this is a coop game, playing with others usually makes the experience more enjoyable. Why don't you play solo or with friends only instead of ruining random player's experience?

Said that, simulor feels like a cheat gun able to trivialize whatever (mostly defense missions) with no effort, and in top of that, the synoid version has a powerful aoe magnetic proc which also grants some energy iirc. Imo, Simulors need a change (line of sight or whatever) to make it stop trivializing content.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Better wording

6 minutes ago, V45H said:

heres a naughty little nerf tactic give each projectile created by mirage an Id based on which clone fired it preventing them from merging it will prevent the simulor orbs from combining with clone orbs so only the ones fired from the same clone combine if you get what im saying

You'd still have the same issue, but with more clicks. Doesn't solve the mass AoE problem.

1 minute ago, -----LegioN----- said:

to make it stop trivializing content.

Like Nova, Loki, Rhino, Frost, Vauban, etc.?

Or all Weapon Augment Mods? Or Heavy Caliber? Multishot?

Seriously you want a Nerf because you hate that gun? Don´t get me wrong, I also don´t like a Mirage in a Level 20 Mission with a Simulor. But Seriously?

Synoid Simulor is indeed an extremely cheesy weapon that utterly trivializes content. It is an aoe weapon, that has wide range, ignores terrain, does high damage, and has higher marks for rate of fire, magazine size, and ammo economy compared to anything similar.  It is a weapon that allows a player to run through a map without skill and without even paying attention, removing all enemies before team mates can even see or react to them.

It is boring to use, frustrating to have on your team, and absolutely begging to be beat to death with the nerf bat. I'm sure people will be upset but I don't really care because of just how totally and obviously broken and LAZY the synsimulor is.

On a higher level of discussion, I find it endlessly amusing that people will complain one minute about nerfs to their favorite brand of cheese, and then in the very next minute complain that the game isn't challenging and that we need more endgame. It is two sides of the same coin. If you really and truly want the game to be challenging, then enemies cannot die trivially. Increasing the level of all enemies to 200 or whatever it would need to be to resist all the uberguns in the game means that only about ten weapons are relevant in any way, and it brings up the problem with level-scaled damage, AND it doesn't fix the problem where all the lower level content on the starmap is still insultingly easy.  Nerfing the high points on player firepower, especially when it's so easy and mindless, addresses multiple problems at once: it effectively increases enemy durability without increasing their lethality, it increases the viable selection of weaponry that you can sanely use, and it prevents the entire starmap from being "out leveled" from god tier dps output.

Edited by Momaw

There is unfortunately always something that is over the top.  Before simulor, or during it really is the Tonkor.  The Atomos is also a favorite, though it is only about half as destructive as a normal simulor.

But you also have endless Saryn belch, constant exalted blade, frequent stomps, regular world on fire, and hundreds of disco balls.

Most of them aren't really a problem up until you realize that too many of them are done specifically so that whoever is using them can get all the kills.  They are greedy for making kills in front of other people for some reason.  They don't care about other people which is an additional issue.  This is a co-op game, so perhaps being friendly or trying out some teamwork would be nice, but a lot of these builds are only there so that they can just do more then anyone else.

My preference for simulor would be to make it a binary weapon.  If your own shots couldn't make singularities.  They just float around and bounce of enemies before bursting unless someone else brings a simulor and fires also.  It unfortunately only slightly raises the teamwork concept while it would cut off a big benefit of the weapon.

You'll probably get hate for this post but I agree with you totally.  I feel the same way about the Tonkor...with people chucking grenades all over the place hoping it will hit something because they have no fear of getting hit themselves due to having virtually no self-damage.  Not to mention the Tonkor's 35% crit chance, 2.5x crit multiplier, high base damage, and large blast radius.

The Synoid Simulor, Tonkor, and Bladestorm all really need to get hit by the old nerf bat because they really throw off game balance and often kill fun for the player(s) not using it.  World on Fire and Maim (its initial slash proc) are almost in this category, but their effectiveness falls off in higher levels.

58 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

Explain this.

What's the point of introducing sorties, introducing new chalenges, change the whole grinding, rising average mission levels and yet keep this rolling, not adressing the same problems that's going to break whatever new mechanics the devs bring into the game, over and over again?

It was like before, it is now, it's going to be like that on War Within, WHATEVER the devs bring into, is going to come down to random shooting everywhere because of this damn fu.cking gun (because nobody pays attention untill somebody starts cursing), unless of course you get to play it solo.

I've learned to enjoy the recent changes to their fulliest. It's kinda fun doing the fissures. But they encourage some the cheapest synergies and broken gameplay mechanics that everybody has been trying to swept under the carpet, simply because everybody is already tired of seeing and talking about it. I'm finding Mirages on Synoid simulors further game discouraging, more than ever, to the point I just can't keep on playing warframe anymore, just close the game out of frustration and go about playing something else.

you worry too much about what others are doing. asking people to not use a particular item is not an issue. 

it is an insanely OP weapon, that should be brought in line via damage output reduction.

you're still worrying too much about what other people are doing instead of playing the game. 

43 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Honestly, making it so Mirage's clones wouldn't make their own vortexes would solve a lot of the problem. It's not a strategy to spam M1 over and over and over, while everything up to level 90 simply dies from being close to you. It makes the game obnoxious to play for other people as well, with the constant screen shake, annoying FX, and bright flashes.

Null and void, as a Mirage using the SS actively inhibits me from several playstyles like shotguns, melee, snipers, etc, as they can simply bullet-jump in with no repercussions. They're practically playing the game for me at a certain point. Who needs precision weapons when you can spam AOE for similar damage, amrite??

The weapon is annoying at best with the average frame, but plain out broken with Mirage, simply by virtue of her clones. The DPS increase is massive, along with constantly staggering enemies that get too close, hitting enemies through walls, giving you free energy, etc.

Nice feedback.

players like this made me overall quit playing with their way of thinking, just outright hating on others who finds what makes them enjoy the game and what it has to offer.

like every problem in life you have solutions, you overcome it or walk away there is choices.

34 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

"Don't like it, don't use it"

A: null and void argument that won't stop other players from using it in my parties.

"Play with clanmates or friends only"

A: not everyone is in a clan, not everyone has been played enough to have friends in the game.

"play solo then

A: this is a coop game, playing with others usually makes the experience more enjoyable. If something, players who like trivializing content are the ones who should be refraining from playing in public squads or at least playing only with those who they know don't care about someone else trivializing their content.

Said that, simulor feels like a cheat gun able to trivialize whatever (mostly defense missions) with no effort, and in top of that, the synoid version has a powerful aoe magnetic proc which also grants some energy iirc. Imo, Simulors need a change (line of sight or whatever) to make it stop trivializing content.

as mentioned before, asking someone to not use a particular item, is a non issue.

as for the part i bold underlined, you're saying that people who are redonk op should mitigate who they play with, yet the same doesn't apply to everyone else?

you're too strong so you don't belong here, is nonsense. If it's going to be one way for a particular "group" of players then it needs to be universal.

Just now, ranks21 said:

players like this made me overall quit playing with their way of thinking, just outright hating on others who finds what makes them enjoy the game and what it has to offer.

like every problem in life you have solutions, you overcome it or walk away there is choices.

Alright, let's hear your solution. Objectively, the SS is one of the best weapons in the game, with practically no downsides to its amazing advantages. 

Please, do tell me where I'm "outright hating on others", when I want a decrease to player cheesiness/visual and audio clutter that makes it extremely difficult to use many other weapons/strategies available to us. 

The SS (and Mirage) are problems. Either it gets re-balanced/nerfed (solution), or I walk away; wait, I can't do that, because that combo is in practically every single sortie/high level mission/alert I load into. It actively inhibits alternate playstyles , to the point where I feel like I have to put on sunglasses while playing, due to the blinding flashes of light every half second.

If you want to quite because blatant outliers on the power scale get nerfed, maybe Dynasty Warriors is more your taste?

you can do the same with a penta tonkor  quanta and shot guns trivialize content so don't hate on the players who uses just the simulor + mirage as you can do the same with mirage + any of the listed weapons.  it's just selfish and also foolish of anyone who joins a group that uses mirage+ simulor and stay

take the blinkers off.

Edited by ranks21