Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people not want the defense targets to have weapons?

gluih

7 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Kulstar would be alot more popular if it wasnt the single most suicidal weapon in warframe.  But since the rescue/defense guys take no self dmg its ideal.  Mass dmg and mass cc

I consider it an explosive sniper rifle since close range is suicide. Though that doesn't keep it from clipping the environment occasionally for a surprise bleedout. Mostly use it in conjunction with Limbo and cataclysm. 

On 7/22/2016 at 5:27 AM, gluih said:

Usually I give my secondary to the operative, so they don't die as much and deal some damage. Sometimes there are players who then give them their weapon and take it back, so the operative doesn't have a weapon at all.
Why would you do that?

how do u even remove quote if u accidently click on it?? plz some guidance on that would be nice lol. since i cant remove the quote. ill just leave it there -.-

anyway to the point: well pubs run their pubs tactic. which consists of protector. ev, dmg dealer, buff, 4th idk can be anything really. another dmg or CC or buff and other possible options. it easier for protector to keep track of where operative is if it doesn't have a weapon. cause it wont move or move less and make him vulnerable (because it got no offence of any sort. just stands still like a idiot).  this way protector actually has a roll to play in the team.. gotta find some excuse to leech somehow right lol....

honestly operative can survive far far far better than the players  themselves lol. give him a cc weapon aka sonicor. or a furis. depends on the enemy lvl and mission honestly. and if u dont suck, there will be no change operative could die in the first place. only chance operative would ever be in danger would be if u cant kill for S#&$. which happens most often with pubs and u r spammed by groups and groups of enemies. which is y they "need" to protect the operative. thats pretty much how i see it. its a defence missions, its gonna end faster the sooner u kill enemies. thats something ppl ignore as far as i have noticed. i see no room for CC in such mission. just kill the daym things as fast as u can and end it. if things aren't surviving.. there is nothing that is gonna be attacking u that u need need to protect urself from in the first place. defence is not the best offence.. offence is the best defence.

On 7/22/2016 at 4:12 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not unlike a giddy child, if you give the Operative a Gun, he'll run around thinking he's Rambo and end up getting slaughtered. better to let us handle the violence.

would you really trust someone that dumb with a loaded weapon? I wouldn't.

operative is more tanky, has much better health/shieds pool. operative can survive much much much better than u especially if u give him a furis. the only difference is. it doesnt run away after its ganged by mobs. operative aim is daym terrible for fact yes. but it doesnt render it useless. and thats right i wont trust someone that dumb with a loaded weapon. and pretty much recruits from pub r that dumb so whats better?

On 7/21/2016 at 5:55 PM, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

I had someone quit a Sortie cause I gave the defense target my Akstilleto. He kept yelling for me not to, called me names. But never once gave me a reason not to give him the gun. But now I know, he wanders more if he has a gun.

Ha, I gave my Azima to the Defense Target, someone gave him their Akstilleto after that. We got along just fine.

He won't move as much, however moving isn't an issue, if you achieved a certain degree of gameplay skill, it's not the target changing positions that will cause a mission fail, players with a certain insecurity will often rely on predictable defense objectives that are similar each round, even if that means slower killing.

I actually give a secondary to defense target, in the worst cenario he will be able to defend himself and even kill more than certain players, i don't really mind him moving because he is marked on the minimap, so i simply defend that spot i will check his health from time to time to make sure he's fine.

Making not move is a valid strategy, but i personally prefer giving him a good secondary.

Considering i have done countless defense sorties under all conditions, giving him a good gun is better, you can however choose not to give him a gun when you don't have secondaries at all, in which case having him use the lato is pointless, so making him stand still might be better.

Radiation sortie doesn't change a thing, if you are prepared for randoms killing you then you are prepared for the target trying to kill you, it is way better having the target shoot while he is down then having to revive him without anyone shooting at the enemies, if you get a rad proc you will be unable to revive, all the firepower is welcomed when dealing with primary objectives.

But yes, removing him the gun to make him stand still is a sign of insecure gameplay, player doesn't know if his secondary is good or not and he might feel insecure when trying to defend something in places of the map he isn't used to, so he tries to force enemies into bottlenecks because he may not survive outside certain closed door rooms. This isn't exactly bad, you're raising the odds of success, but that matters little once you have someone competent in the team and that person wants the game dealt with as fast as possible.

Edited by KIREEK

42 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Considering i have done countless defense sorties under all conditions, giving him a good gun is better.

Quick question in case you know the answer: could you use mesa on a secondary only one, give your secondary to the operative and still get the effect of the mods on peacemaker?

I personally prefer an operative that can CC the things trying to murder it.

1 hour ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

Quick question in case you know the answer: could you use mesa on a secondary only one, give your secondary to the operative and still get the effect of the mods on peacemaker?

Do not know, i do not own Mesa as it doesn't provide anything usefull compared to what i already have. Testing it would be dangerous and would require a team to do the killing incase it doesn't work as expected.

IMO it also depends on the level. Facing high levels, I rather have him wander less, while 1 player moves with him, and the other 3 neutralize the threat in different distances. I noticed that the trade-off of him not having a weapon to support us, is more valuable than having one and getting himself killed easier.

On 22/7/2016 at 0:55 AM, SunsetChaos said:

Be a Limbo.

Give Hikou Prime (CE + maximized firerate) to Operator.

Sit back and revive everytime he's down.

Ignore teammates who gets killed (lol)

Don't bother banishing anyone because they always get pissed.

or you could just banish the operative and make the mission an exterminate one XD

2 hours ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

yes it works. i do it .