Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tigris prime?

Personally am against them making a Tigris Prime. As already mentioned, we have the Sancti Tigris. They should focus on making upgraded models of other weapons that don't already have both a Base Model and Upgraded Model, especially when there are some fun weapons that desperately need an upgraded version because they are Low or Mid level weapons and can't really be used at High levels.

As for how it will stand up to it, the Prime version will probably have more damage or status. It has been mentioned in the past with the Boltor. As of right now, they seem to consider it a choice between higher stats or the benefits of the proc when it comes to weapons that have a Prime and Syndicate model. That may be addressed in the future with the changes coming to weapons and damage, but that seems to be their stance on it right now.

Edited by Ceryk

Im genuinely surprised they are Priming the Tigris.

I love my Sancti Tigris, but if a prime version does more damage then I see it as a trade off:

Sancti has a proc that destroys lower level stuff, but so do all procs. At the higher levels the proc is best for its corrosive and health giving properties, coupled with the fact that its a very high damage gun its pretty darn good at what it does. Still, them things get to 100 and above you need some forma and some primed cards and/or some super high damage cards like 120% slash. It really does have its limits.

The primed version wont have a proc, so no health or corrosion, but it would, I can only guess, have an incredibly high damage to compensate.

I admit, I look forward to finding out what they are gonna do with it.

Still, I wouldnt have chosen a Tigris as a next prime, would much prefer Primed Furis with the ability to put the proc in.

13 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

I still want a Pump Action Puncture Based Shotgun, with Innate 4m punch through and functions like the terminators shotgun. Asta La Vista ... babay

image.gif

....4m punch through..... YES PLEASE!

It'll be like the Tigris, but better. It'll have to compete with the Sancti version and so will need to outdamage it by a small margin or rock some boosts in crit and/or status. While not wholly necessary, I'd like to see an extended magazine (maybe base 6) so we could give 'em both barrels multiple times before reloading.

I wont be so quick to judge how prime tigris will play out. i am however going to hope it turns into a crit shotgun :) shave off alittle damage and chuck on a 15 or 20% crit chance with a 2x multiplyer. perhaps we will get afew more mods for shotguns when it comes around? like how Hek can use the scatterd justice mod but the vaykor hek can not. im curious to see what they do with the weapon to make it relevant.

Just now, Sapphic-Sandra said:

This whole prime access is boring. Galatine, Tigris, and Nekros really don't need prime versions.

One good thing out of all this will be the Nekros rework, assuming we even get one. :/

Only desecrate is getting reworked

and they're adding some stuff on (confirmed for desecrate Atleast)

Just now, Sapphic-Sandra said:

This whole prime access is boring. Galatine, Tigris, and Nekros really don't need prime versions.

One good thing out of all this will be the Nekros rework, assuming we even get one. :/

they have already promised a sort of 'ease of life' change to nekros that they are showing off tonight/tomorrow ( whenever the next dev stream is ) so catch that and see what they do with him. 

I suppose it eliminates one option for items that can come with Mesa Prime, as for the ones we have left:

• AkJagara (U15.13)
  • Redeemer (U15.5)
  • Sybaris (possibly) (U13.3)

And most of all, we are still waiting for AkVasto prime...let me repeat, STILL WAITING FOR AKVASTO PRIME!!! And we have done so, SENCE UPDATE 9.7!!! In case you are wondering, the Tigris came in U11.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I suppose it eliminates one option for items that can come with Mesa Prime, as for the ones we have left:

• AkJagara (U15.13)
  • Redeemer (U15.5)

And most of all, we are still waiting for AkVasto prime...let me repeat, STILL WAITING FOR AKVASTO PRIME!!! And we have done so, SENCE UPDATE 9.7!!! In case you are wondering, the Tigris came in U11.

No offense at all but please never encourage sybaris prime.... It would be exactly the same situation as this Tigris /prime/sancti

wasting time on a third option is wasting time that could be spent on another weapon

Just now, cookieknife said:

No offense at all but please never encourage sybaris prime.... It would be exactly the same situation as this Tigris /prime/sancti

wasting time on a third option is wasting time that could be spent on another weapon

I am not trying to encourage it, just saying is a possibility sence Mesa is a cowgirl and lever-action rifles were used back in the wild west. Besides, I know that Sybaris Prime will preaty much only be better when it comes to style points, but it still won't be easy to top the DEX Sybaris in looks

Just now, HAYABU5A said:

the only way it could be better than sancti tigris was if it had a crazy 6 round mag infused into a double barrel shotgun with orokin magic 

How the hell would a double barrel hold 6 shells- oh, the ''because magic'' explanation...ya I dont think so.

PS: Not trying to be rude, I just don't think the Orokin were exactly wizards.

When we compare Telos Boltor with Boltor Prime, the orokin version wins for slightly higher stats, and I really think this is gonna apply to the Tigris too. Even as a Tigris fan that I am, I don't expect a really high upgrade. 

16 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

• AkJagara (U15.13)
  • Redeemer (U15.5)

Personally hoping that Mesa Prime comes with Redeemer Prime and either AkMagnus or Akvasto Prime (IMO, She HAS TO come with Redeemer Prime! I don't know, it would just feel...wrong if she didn't).

I'd like to see the Prime version not becoming strictly better than the sindicate one. Like Hek and Vaykor Hek, maybe. The last time I was very disappointed with the Nikana Prime, being overall better than the Dragon Nikana: I though "maybe one could be critical based and the other one just base damage" but when it came out it was just better stats all across the board.

anyway, i hope they make them feel different, and not just a plain evolution. Maybe a critical shotgun so primed ravage can go in more than one weapon.

On ٢٢‏/٧‏/٢٠١٦ at 6:24 AM, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

I recently got my hands on the sancti Tigris, I don't have any decent mods for shotguns but wow I love that thing, in almost worried because I don't know how Tigris prime can stand next to it, what with that syndicate proc and all, what do you guys think?

It will be better than Sancti Tigris.

Not always syndicate weapons are better than their counter parts of prime version.

Take Boltor Prime and Telos Boltor for example, which one is better? I'll choose Boltor Prime.