Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers shouldn't remove active buffs/abilities

Endorphinz

I have a simple suggestion for nullifiers. People won't argue that having to constantly recast your buff abilities is annoying and a waste of time, some more than others (Inaros in particular takes a lot of pain for having his armor dispelled). It wouldn't be too hard to leave the abilities alone, but have them suppressed when inside a nullifier field. Whenever a player is removed from the orb's influence, the buffs and abilities should resume their normal effects, for whatever remaining duration is left. 

Example: Rhino runs into a nullifier bubble to kick the guy in the $&*^. His iron skin, which had 50% remaining durability, comes off, and he can't cast any further abilities while inside the bubble, until he kills the nullifier. As soon as the bubble is gone, Rhino's iron skin comes back up, with the same 50% power as before.

Of course, all other attack abilities act the same way around nullifiers. Simple, and a lot less annoying to have to keep on recasting essential survival abilities when forced to fight these enemies.

Edited by Endorphinz

I'd actually be quite fine if it stopped the countdown, and removed the buffs or effects until you exited the bubble, rather than just outright punishing a player.

For a moment there, I thought you were going to argue it shouldn't remove buffs at all, which was going to get the opposite response from me...

7 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

I'd actually be quite fine if it stopped the countdown, and removed the buffs or effects until you exited the bubble, rather than just outright punishing a player.

For a moment there, I thought you were going to argue it shouldn't remove buffs at all, which was going to get the opposite response from me...

I got that clickbait title boyz

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I have made this suggestion before. 100% agree, I pray that DE is finally done buffing Nullies and is ready to start making them less absolutely terrible design

In that case, I really hope that DE might take note of repeated suggestions like this

25 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

Pretty much this , it can be really annoying especially when they land on your head or spawn on top of you.

1 minute ago, Kenshin98 said:

when you have muddy hands and you put them in water, the mud doesn't come back once your hands are out of the water 

it doesn't makes much sense >.> 

It does if my magic spell happens to be muddy hands !

6 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

when you have muddy hands and you put them in water, the mud doesn't come back once your hands are out of the water 

Well, in DnD, when you bring a magic item into an antimagic zone, it stops working, but when you take it back out again, it resumes its normal function. Anyways, this is about fun, who cares if it doesn't make sense. Nullifier bubbles don't make sense  to begin with.

15 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

Dont think something as complex as energy conversion and nullification can be this extremely simplified then compared in a metaphor about the physical properties of mud and water. 
If anything id expect if i converted energy into raw material such as iron (Iron skin) i dont see why an energy nullifier would should disintegrate it when it doesnt affect any other metals. Then again i dont want to advocate nullifiers shuold or shouldn't remove buffs so ill just leave this as it is ..

23 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

Erm, we are in space ninja psychic controlled suits with fireballs from fingers and we jump buildings and take rockets in the face...

and you liken this to muddy hands in water?

meh...

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

I dont see a problem with them, sure during sorties they pose a threat, but l mean, really, they are not that strong, and as far as i know, a level 10 nullifier shield is just as strong as a level 100. Nullifiers add balance to the extremely power ability at our disposal

That's a nice idea. Or we could at least get energy back if we get debuffed. Like Inaros gets health back if his 4 is removed.

I didn't care much about nullifires before, but now with fissure it gets rather stupid when they are raining down on you and you can't even evade them

30 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I think nullies should be split into two enemies. One cancels active powers, the other prevents abilities from being cast.

That sounds confusing. I know the principle is good but I think it would be waaaay too confusing in practice.

15 minutes ago, chaotea said:

All i want for nullifiers is to split them into 2 units. One blocks bullets but doesnt stop powers, the other blocks powers but not bullets.

This is more do-able. Maybe different coloured shields.

However I prefer the original idea of it pausing powers in the field.

6 minutes ago, faustias said:

So... Combas and Scrambus?

Combas and Scrambus both cancel active powers and prevent abilities from being cast, but they're limited to certain classes of powers. I'm talking about one enemy that cancels active powers (you can recast, but it will be cancelled again within a few seconds) and one that prevents powers from being cast (but already-active powers aren't affected).

I dont get the nullifiers now.. They were supposed to be a way to halt down the "Press 4 To Win" abilities, but with the recent reworks for these skills to not become P4TW, there is no need for nullifiers now..