The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

On 2016-08-04 at 10:42 PM, Moogsly said:

Here's my entry, I lost track of how long I spent on it, god knows my hand hates me as my tablet pen gives me some major cramps. First time trying a proper background along with rain, come what may I'm very proud of this and it's probably one of my favourite drawings of mine.

When I heard the topic was Synergy the first thing that came to me, almost like a epiphany, was Oberon meditating in the forests of earth maintaining a balance with nature to make himself stronger!

furNQNX.png

Link to a larger version without my nick over on my DA Here

The evil face between the legs :) Awesome work!

On 2016-08-05 at 5:13 PM, theDURRRRIAN said:

Here's my entry. Im coming back to the game after a 2 year hiatus and everythings so shiny and new. Decided to go with a rhino stomp + peacemaker, and a slow mo loki flying through the air for maximum John Woo-ness

but yea, Warframes are really fun to paint. Can totally see painting more of these guys in my down time :Dwarframe___bang_bang_bang_bang___by_thed

The feel of this pic is just fantastic!
I LOVE the Loki. The Helmet and his syandana make it look super alien.

19 hours ago, thatguy0365 said:

O_o

This is absolutely fantastic. I'd love to have this in my liset!

Screw the Liset, I'd put this on a wall in my apartment! If nothing else, then just for the pose Mesa is stricking.

8 hours ago, shizakura said:

Here's my entry. Synergy between Excalibur (Mordred helmet), Tenno, and whatever is inside that frame. ;)

check out my other artworks here: https://www.facebook.com/hulja.arts/

Thanks and enjoy! ;)

-Picture-

Holy ship that's scary!

4a282212c57de24145225fd4ddd44c26

I think it fits the balance theme. In the sense that I'm not sure how this person keeps their balance, while using this bold new sheathing animation.

Edit: Right click the broken image link > show image in new tab, if it doesnt show. It doesnt for me. Its a gyazo link.

Edited by MOXIS
Crappy image link.

Invisible Predators.

ua9FWeI.jpg

First time I've ever made an original digital piece, first time entering a Warframe contest, and my first post! (Three firsts.. that's new to me.) This is the best I can do since I only used a mouse. I wanted to make it look as if it's an old drawing from someone who witnessed the deadly combo of two assassins striking from the shadows. Hope you enjoy this and good luck to everyone!

Edited by bored_guy13
fixed link

uBmsu1g.png

Here we go. Took me a while.

I mean, imagine a secret mission where the team consisted of only animals.

Yes this is the upcoming tileset. At least how I imagined it'll look like.

The Deviantart page.

Oh, and this is the 'making of' gif.

P.S. I replaced my entry with the 3:2 aspect ratio version. Apparently I didn't read the rules well so I have to redo the resolution.

Edited by Ashvall
Added 'making of'; Replaced with the 3:2 aspect ratio version.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:45 AM, BlitzkriegBob said:

Impressive things there, especialy theDURRRRIAN; man, your art is awesome!

So, here's my entry. To me, the greatest synergy is between frame and operator; fighting together, suffering together, two wills, advancing as one through the same struggle. I like also especially the picture of the little girl taming a monstruous killing machine, and that special relationship which develops between them.

mu7BcuX.jpg

Medium: mechanical pencil, 0.5mm HB for original drawing, and LOTS of computer work (background, smoke trails).

Inspiration is from a picture form the "Jabberwocky" manga (somewhere around the end of chapter 11; have a look, it's interesting). The Lato is taken from in-game screen capture.

Link:http://imgur.com/a/9vLT2

Full size:http://imgur.com/a/Or6eS

I feel like little hearts popped over my eyes when I saw this.  Ash (P) is my favorite frame, so I'd LOVE to have this hanging in my Liset!  Very well done!

3 hours ago, bored_guy13 said:

Invisible Predators.

ua9FWeI.jpg

First time I've ever made an original digital piece, first time entering a Warframe contest, and my first post! (Three firsts.. that's new to me.) This is the best I can do since I only used a mouse. I wanted to make it look as if it's an old drawing from someone who witnessed the deadly combo of two assassins striking from the shadows. Hope you enjoy this and good luck to everyone!

I really love this!  Kinda like a "cave painting" type of feel.  Really great idea!

focus2.png

Operator and Warframe performing a narta to improve transference. And probably give the space kid some exercise. Cryogenic atrophy, yo.

A sound mind and a sound body.

EDIT: slightly adjusted image size. should be appropriate dimensions and aspect ratio now.

Edited by mechabre

On 8/6/2016 at 1:13 AM, theDURRRRIAN said:

Here's my entry. Im coming back to the game after a 2 year hiatus and everythings so shiny and new. Decided to go with a rhino stomp + peacemaker, and a slow mo loki flying through the air for maximum John Woo-ness

but yea, Warframes are really fun to paint. Can totally see painting more of these guys in my down time :D

warframe___bang_bang_bang_bang___by_thed

If I don't come in the top 20

then this will :> 

Edited by MrReapier

Phew, I thought I wasn't gonna be able to make this one.

XWYE9YH.png

I went with a more Tenno/Warframe deeper relationship level as opposed to fighting. Gotta bond with your frame to do better in combat. If this gets chosen I got the non-watermarked and larger resolution all good to go.