The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk is dead... Please revive her! [READ BEFORE THROWING SHADE]

RadriarTheGodKing

On 7/26/2016 at 2:13 PM, RadriarTheGodKing said:

You are PS4. you havent seen the horrors yet. You cannot stay in for more than about 80 seconds without channeling, and it is even worse with a leech eximus near by.

80 seconds of invincibility....

I don't see how that is too short of a time.

I really think describing her as going to "one of the worst" warframes because of changes to a single ability is a huge exaggeration. It still has lifesteal, it still has invincibility, and it can still do a ton of damage - previously it had no downsides to counter this. Now you just have to make sure all enemies are dead, or escape to safety before you toggle it off. As for energy efficiency, try casting most other frames ult over and over against the same number of enemies - not only will you run out of energy LONG before 80 secs, but you wont have lifedrain and invincibility during it.

If people didnt abuse her invincibility so much DE would never have nerfed her.

Edited by (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER
Typo

1 hour ago, Gurpgork said:

Even if it wasn't common for people to abuse it, it still should've been nerfed. 

Oh, I agree. It just wasnt a priority back then because all the noobs were using Rhino Prime. When Rhino got a rework and his prime vaulted there was a huge increase in Valkyr players as the next best easy-mode. Thats when DE perked up and nerfed her (eventually). 

On 2016. 07. 27. at 0:28 AM, ashrah said:

i use valkyr as  eternal war.....+scindo prime... she is not dead at all...

On 2016. 07. 27. at 0:29 AM, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

nikana prime and war is better for her, well prisma cleavers also

Have you guys tried Fragor Prime redcrit build on Valkyr? Berserk + Warcry.

It does more damage than War or Scindo prime.

6vdjjPY.jpg

You can change Life Strike to Fury if you want.el9JJ1N.jpg

4 hours ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

I really think describing her as going to "one of the worst" warframes because of changes to a single ability is a huge exaggeration. It still has lifesteal, it still has invincibility, and it can still do a ton of damage - previously it had no downsides to counter this. Now you just have to make sure all enemies are dead, or escape to safety before you toggle it off. As for energy efficiency, try casting most other frames ult over and over against the same number of enemies - not only will you run out of energy LONG before 80 secs, but you wont have lifedrain and invincibility during it.

It was because people who dont like valk soloers kept complaining.

The nerf didnt take away her power, but it took away some of the fun and many of us valk users HATE the hamster ball

Edited by RadriarTheGodKing

Stop trying to make perma hysteria builds. Those are obvious what the nerfs were intending to prevent.

Use Hysteria to get a clutch rez or for emergencies. Perma Invincibility is a degenerate mechanic no matter how you look at it. Defy will be nerfed in the same way once people start using Wukong more.

Valkyr with a high strength Eternal War/Warcry build is still god-like. Throw in Naramon Shadow Step and you're just as powerful as old Valkyr as long as you have targets to crit.

6 hours ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

You wanna bet? Energy overflow and Energy siphon, then we can do mag, ash, Saryn, Vauban, Ivara.

Go higher? Ember, Banshee, Equinox, i go WAY beyond 80sec, easy mode.

But im not invicible right? Ash basicly is, banshee basicly is, Ivara quite easy. And as bonus they even do a tonload of damage.

DE should know the numbers of frames (and their weapons used), i highly doubt valkyr is even in the top ten.

The OP misses the point that Unending Immortality was gamebreaker not for other players, but for the game itself. It had to end.
It's not a matter of players complaining.

Also Valky has always been bad designed and one of the most boring E spammer Warframe with no difficulty neither risks.

I can't really say why so many people are appealed by such a bad gameplay. Permanent immortality and E spam.

Maybe it is the 'Rage' thematic who teases adulescents so much, for their own rebel and angry nature... Who knows.

I only agree that Valkyr needs a major rework. Just cause her gameplay is so terrible.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

6 hours ago, SinergyX said:

You wanna bet? Energy overflow and Energy siphon, then we can do mag, ash, Saryn, Vauban, Ivara.

Go higher? Ember, Banshee, Equinox, i go WAY beyond 80sec, easy mode.

But im not invicible right? Ash basicly is, banshee basicly is, Ivara quite easy. And as bonus they even do a tonload of damage.

DE should know the numbers of frames (and their weapons used), i highly doubt valkyr is even in the top ten.

Using energy overflow and energy syphon as an example, when we are talking isolated power mechanics kind of evades the point. You may as well say "just have a trinity give you your energy back" or "get limbo to banish you", its besides the point. Those powers make any ability practically infinite, its like saying "just use naramon with a crit weapon and you wont suck" - you can say that for every frame..

My point was that keeping all those benefits for that long is still effective. You shouldnt need to use an ult for longer. Talking comparatively, yes I often used banshee to keep huge areas stunned for well over 5mins at a time with her ult, they made this harder by stopping energy regen during the move, added nullifiers that can walk up to you while you are stuck doing it, and you can be shot(though unlikely with max range build. A build like that does no damage though, and cannot be kept up for an entire mission without having to turn it off and find energy. Hysteria was capable of being activated once and kept on for hours, with no risk of death just by picking up orbs normally.

Im not saying its "fix" is what I would have chosen, having to run somewhere safe before your energy expires does suck if you get swarmed. Im just stating that the ability itself is still very strong, and can be kept on for long periods if needed. I couldnt take Nyx and use her bubble for the same amount of time against high level enemies - her energy gets decimated by their attacks, and her damage sucks compared to the amount Valkyr can put out with attacks over the same time.

Hopefully a better fix can be made eventually, but I would rather frames that are actually worse than Valkyr get looked at first. 

On 7/26/2016 at 3:58 PM, RadriarTheGodKing said:

but her class type is to be a tank

Meat tank maybe but more classed into berserker

On 7/26/2016 at 3:58 PM, RadriarTheGodKing said:

She cannot stay in Hysteria for nearly as long as Excalibur or Wukong can use their ultimates and due to her energy consumption, she cannot channel. Please bring her back up to a playable level again, She just cant do late game work anymore and a leech eximus can completely ruin her offensive and lead her to get one shot. Her armor is high, but her HP and shields are not. There will be naysayers, but she really did not need this nerf. She was in no way a Godframe, and unlike excalibur, she cant use her ultimate and clear a room with a radial Javelin while staying in ultimate, or blind an entire room while staying in ultimate. Blinding basically gives you the same immortality, and he has CC with an AOE attack. But if you touch him, there would be an uproar. 

She doesn't need hysteria to survive she has pure armor (health tanking) that can be buffed more via warcry.

Btw my most used and favorite frame is valkyr.

Edited by evilfluffy

Remove immortality, restore the old energy use, make blood rush and body count work on hysteria. Then I'd use mine a lot more again. She was my main for the longest time, the frame i'd put a ton of forma into and got all the accessories and colours perfect for. Now I can't really pop hysteria for that smexy damage without having my energy drained to nothing in a minute or so, and in the meantime get all my combo counter destroyed

19 hours ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

My point was that keeping all those benefits for that long is still effective. You shouldnt need to use an ult for longer. Talking comparatively, yes I often used banshee to keep huge areas stunned for well over 5mins at a time with her ult, they made this harder by stopping energy regen during the move, added nullifiers that can walk up to you while you are stuck doing it, and you can be shot(though unlikely with max range build. A build like that does no damage though, and cannot be kept up for an entire mission without having to turn it off and find energy. Hysteria was capable of being activated once and kept on for hours, with no risk of death just by picking up orbs normally.

Again, other frames use their ulti the entire mission, be it clickies or toggles (like ember), using the 'you shouldnt be using ulti all the time' is plain bollocks. As ember i keep it up for hours (T4 pipe farm), Equinox same (pop it once in a while for the aoe), not even gonna mention all the clickies.

Take oldschool draco, where nulifiers werent around, you ever seen a valk doing its thing there over and over? The only purpose you had there, was to keep the mobs busy and prevent them getting close to the big AoE people. The only actualy big damage they did was the whole probably to begin with, the slide attack. Specialy when sorties came without the slide attack you werent more then a decoy, keeping mobs busy while others pick em off.

With 190% duration and 160% efficiency the energy cost is somewhat manageable, the problem is, in order to achieve this i have to sacrifice range on her other 3 abilities, warcry is decent but there is literally no reward for having range on paralysis and ripline.

I also tested the stun duration in the simulacrum and is extremely short, Valkyr could be a more rounded frame if paralysis would be like molecular prime (with less max range), a wave based on duration infront of her in a cone with a higher stun duration, just raise the energy cost to 25.

Ripline needs something more, in terms of damage is awful even with the x4 mechanic, its also single target, my suggestion is a special interaction when used on an enemy by pressing E (quick melee) allowing her to deal with flying units much more easier, a wall attack who cant miss the affected enemy would work just fine.

Then a few small changes to hysteria, allow us to reduce the aura radius by 5 meters by performing finishers (only regular finishers, not ground finishers) as they take more time to execute due to animations and incentive their use while using hysteria.

I dont know if this would be balanced but reducing the porcentage the longer you stay in hysteria by X% per kill would be great, it fits the theme of keep killing and is a penalization for people who dont kill fast enough.

Edited by Rhaenxys

On July 27, 2016 at 0:13 AM, Retepzednem said:

after the nerf i discovered Overextended  and used that with  Paralysis augment and it is amazingly useful,  i mostly use against corpus because warcry  becomes useless thanks to nullifiers

Thank ****ing goodness, I thought I was the only one running an Overextended Prolonged Paralysis Valkyr Tank build this entire time. Glad to see someone else finding credibility in this augment's utility.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Thank ****ing goodness, I thought I was the only one running an Overextended Prolonged Paralysis Valkyr Tank build this entire time. Glad to see someone else finding credibility in this augment's utility.

i also noticed overextended  gives hysteria more melee range but  hysteria's melee attacks are so narrow it doesnt matter you'll still hit  single targets, this also revealed to me that hysteria's animations are stupid because  they make valkyr lock onto random directions regardless of where you camera faces 

also DE ples make Paralysis and its augment bypass enemy actions it makes no sense for  a stun ability to be   counter by simply standing still and shooting at the caster ,i know you guys got the coding skills to do it  because our enemies clearly  knock us down just fine  .

Edited by Retepzednem

On July 28, 2016 at 0:03 AM, Doxorn said:

Have you guys tried Fragor Prime redcrit build on Valkyr? Berserk + Warcry.

It does more damage than War or Scindo prime.

Reveal hidden contents

6vdjjPY.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

You can change Life Strike to Fury if you want.el9JJ1N.jpg

Jat Kittag + Primed Reach + Primed Fury + Crushing Ruin's Shattered Village + Berserker + War Cry = 635779683417068901-924738708_tumblr_meim

5 hours ago, SinergyX said:

Again, other frames use their ulti the entire mission, be it clickies or toggles (like ember), using the 'you shouldnt be using ulti all the time' is plain bollocks. As ember i keep it up for hours (T4 pipe farm), Equinox same (pop it once in a while for the aoe), not even gonna mention all the clickies.

Take oldschool draco, where nulifiers werent around, you ever seen a valk doing its thing there over and over? The only purpose you had there, was to keep the mobs busy and prevent them getting close to the big AoE people. The only actualy big damage they did was the whole probably to begin with, the slide attack. Specialy when sorties came without the slide attack you werent more then a decoy, keeping mobs busy while others pick em off.

Ember or Equinox can die while using theirs, lol - plus Equinox mostly stores damage to unleash with his its a bit different. As for Ember - a high efficiency build doesnt do much actual damage at high levels, and a damage build still chugs through energy - the only place pure damage builds work well is by relying on void death orb energy. On high levels its only useful with efficiency builds based around her knockdown augment.

Not realising the difference between a toggleable ult that gave you invincibility for a whole mission, and ones that do constant localised mediocre damage, or stored burst damage for an instant - and not understanding the inherent problem, well im not sure its me talking bollocks in that regard.

I have said its not the fix I would have chosen. I understand why people dont like the change. I want a better solution too, but my opinion that permanent invincibility caused problems is valid.

I meant that an ability that gave that many benefits plus damage should either last a shorter time or have reduced benefits - not hating on all "perma-abilities", and im sorry I didnt articulate my point clearly enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 3:51 PM, Doxorn said:

You are immune to all damage via Wukong's 2nd ability. For a short time, after that you get shot, health goes down again, Rage mod fills back all 150 energy of yours then you are saved again by 2nd ability, then you are immortal again, then you are not immortal, then 25% of your current energy are spent, your health takes damage all 150 energy of yours are back via Rage, etc etc....

You are immortal. And you can even use all of your weapons.

I loved Valykr before the nerf. She WAS my favorite warframe. However after the nerf... I just don't feel like playing her. So that's why I started playing Wukong, which I never played because I got Valykr. And btw because of Wukong can use all his weapons he already was better than prenerf Valykr. Still, noone cried about that. Only poor Valkyr got all the hate :(

You have to recast defy though, after it pops three times you're dead.

1 hour ago, Eldritchkitty said:

You have to recast defy though, after it pops three times you're dead.

To be honest, thats fairly easy considering defy doesnt have accumulated damage who can potentially killing you in one hit and the cast time is pretty short even without shadow step finding one spot to recast defy is very easy and it takes just one second.

I think wukong`s defy is fine, however how DE is dealing with valkyr is not the correct path imo.