Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope really worth it?

xXx_mtv_xXx

I'm sure you all know how much this mod is being sold for. 

I'm not convinced it's actually worth buying or even using on endgame weapons. Let me explain. 

The endgame seems to be mostly about CC frames and CC weapons. Let's take Sortie 3 as an example of the endgame. 

The best CC weapons in this game seem to be Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. I also see some Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek, but this topic doesn't apply to them. I rarely see bows like Dread and Paris Prime. I very rarely see assault rifles like Soma Prime. 

So, what's Argon Scope actually good for? Precision rifles and bows. They're not exactly CC weapons.

So, is Argon Scope good for using with the best CC weapons?.. How often do you get headshots with Tonkor and Synoid Simulor? 

So, is Argon Scope really worth it? Or is it simply a ridicuously overrated and overpriced mod? 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

Just now, QuietBiro said:

Simple - if you don't have bladed rounds (which is much more common and cheaper I got like 7 of them yesterday), argon scope is a great mod. If you have bladed rounds, you're much better off. 

But I was asking if Argon Scope is even worth using on endgame weapons like Tonkor and Synoid Simulor, because they are clearly more used and more effective for endgame CC, which is what this game is mostly about. 

Just now, Vasault said:

bladed rounds is a 100% a much better mod, yet ppl is so blind because they see the golden mod as a much better mod, but it isn't

Come on please just answer my original question. No need to turn this thread into a copy of the other one. 

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Well it would be nice if you could at least point me to specific comments which would answer my question. 

No, that thread is talking about how useful is Argon Scope, not if it goes well with CC (why would it?)

Most people in the community barely touch end-game (i presume you mean raids) :D, so it's useful for sorties at least.

Just now, BlazerEraser said:

No, that thread is talking about how useful is Argon Scope, not if it goes well with CC (why would it?)

Most people in the community barely touch end-game (i presume you mean raids) :D, so it's useful for sorties at least.

Well then why would they pay hundreds of plat for a mod which they won't even use in endgame? You can buy some amazing VAULTED frames and weapons for that much lol. 

1 minute ago, Vasault said:

bladed rounds is a 100% a much better mod, yet ppl is so blind because they see the golden mod as a much better mod, but it isn't

As i already said i doubt it.

If you lack dps to kill stuff in sortie 3 (given the proper element) a "win more" mod that trigger "on kill" won't help at all.

A mod that triggers on headshot and causes red crits instead Worth it.

At least that was my idea as a newbie.

Point is an ally guy traded me one for maiming (he knew the value and was kind since i needed it).

And now i can kill stuff easily in sortie 3 with my soma (again i can't have a sancti tigris or synoid simulor yet) thanks to lot of red crits and saved me a couple of formas too.

I just put it on my frost and headshot frozen stuff (or even moving stuff since i switched it with heavy caliber).

So yes its Worth to me.

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Well then why would they pay hundreds of plat for a mod which they won't even use in endgame? You can buy some amazing VAULTED frames and weapons for that much lol. 

\/(o_o)\/ beats me, it's mainstream i guess. I don't have it, i always tried farming it, but no way i'm paying that much for a mod.

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Come on please just answer my original question. No need to turn this thread into a copy of the other one. 

It works best in conjunction with bladed rounds. CC weapons aren't the only end game weapons. Dex sybaris does fine in raids/sorties. In fact the only true end game weapon is any dagger with covert lethality. The price of the mod is because of it's rarity not because of how good it is.

Just now, starscream5269 said:

It works best in conjunction with bladed rounds. CC weapons aren't the only end game weapons. Dex sybaris does fine in raids/sorties. In fact the only true end game weapon is any dagger with covert lethality. The price of the mod is because of it's rarity not because of how good it is.

So it's sort of like the price on Frost Prime? lel

8 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Same reason why people spend 500 plats on Piercing Caliber.

A mod that only certain weapons can use without losing dps, still outdamaged by 90% elemental which has the same polarity and mod cost, but that event exclusivity doe

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

Same reason why people spend 500 plats on Piercing Caliber.

A mod that only certain weapons can use without losing dps, still outdamaged by 90% elemental which has the same polarity and mod cost, but that event exclusivity doe

hmmm yeah that's another mod which seems useless to me compared to elemental and pure crit mods which work for CC weapons

You want the short answer then I'd say

No

Argon scope is not worth it. The reason however has been stated multiple times, bladed rounds.  If you want to slot in either mod, slot in bladed rounds. Want to slot in both... do you even have room for that ?

12 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

You want the short answer then I'd say

No

Argon scope is not worth it. The reason however has been stated multiple times, bladed rounds.  If you want to slot in either mod, slot in bladed rounds. Want to slot in both... do you even have room for that ?

I don't have room for either on my Tonkor or Synoid Simulor :D

The only weapons it'd be useful on are weapons that are close to red crit but arent( ie Soma P)

Red crit will double the damage of your crits while Bladed rounds will only give you 120% more crit damage. So if you used bladed rounds on a Soma P with Point Strike then youd'd get a 10.2 crit multiplier. If you used Argon Scope it'd become a 13.2 crit multiplier. 

But at the same time the criteria for Argon Scope is a headshot. So lets say you headshot an enemy, you now have that buff. If you use bladed rounds you have to kill them enemy. And for instance if you were against a high armored bombard, and ONLY a bombard then that bladed rounds would NEVER kick in until after killing the bombard making it never even matter.

Also with argon scope you tend to be aiming for the head more resulting in hopefully more headshots resulting in more headshot crit multipliers which would bring an argon scopes multiplier up to I believe 52.8 multiplier while a Bladed rounds headshot would be a mere 40.8 multiplier.

So again it all depends on your preference, playstyle, and situation.

Edited by rawr1254

9 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I wouldn't be so categorical. Red crits acchievable with AS boost damage more than BR, and depending on a weapon, mission level or particular situation in the field bumping someone in the head may be easier than killig them. Plus, AS takes less mod space.