Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not the old void + new system together

TennoPain

Can we please think about this a lot of ppl just want ld void too it would be super easy for u guys to bring it back and than ppl have the option 

Im asking for this because a lot of ppl i know irl (want old void system back too) 

I will admit i did not like RNG but hay it haz some charm to it 

(lets bring old community back) + new = duble kill 

Then you'll have the problem of two systems doing the same thing but one is better than the other one. Ducat pricing? Problems there as well.

DE have plans for the old void tileset and have been stated by Steve about his understanding of endless, this being not one of them.

It'd be unique for an MMO to have two systems for one type of weapon(Primes, ofc), but.. It just isn't efficient. I understand you(and others) may have liked the old system, but games(ESPECIALLY MMOS) change. 

Plus, if you didn't like the RNG, then what do you want back? We can still do the void missions..

Why not the old void + new system together

Because this is completely unfeasible. Any changes to one system would then require changes to the other - and one of them is very complicated to balance. Lots and lots of additional work, for absolutely no benefit.

With a developer as famously light on staffing as DE, the net effect would be complete paralysis.

This would not play out well for the reasons others have mentioned.

I do think boosting Relic drop chance in Void missions (medium-high chance on rotation A and C, kinda like Orokin Derelicts) would be really nice, though. That would help all parties by giving people a good reason to run endless Void again while also giving a fairly solid way to farm Relics, especially if the Eras available were dependent on the mission level/rotation.

20 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

I used to farm my stuff for nearly two years now from void missions.

And i am sick of it.

So the new system is two birds with one stone for me.

is farming/collecting items all you do in Warframe? just a question?

i play with friends, we actually play for fun, with this new fissures, it's not any fun compared to the previous void, rather i'd call it boring, i haven't actually played it after the patch, just got my Dakra, and Mag that's all.

This new system makes Warframe feel like a collectors card game, login collect your prime part and log out, but i tend to think players who main in PUG and Solo might not have an issue with this.

and to add: do you remember recruit chat with Messages like this: H - T*S for fun, bring anything, Faitko challenge, (doing endless runs with friends till you almost run out of revives) doing a randomizer and going to the void? well all that is 100% gone!

Edited by NightElve

Just now, NightElve said:

i play with friends, we actually play for fun, with this new fissures, it's not any fun compared to the previous void, rather i'd call it boring, i haven't actually played it after the patch, just got my Dakra, and Mag that's all.

This new system makes Warframe feel like a collectors card game, login collect your prime part and log out, but i tend to think players who main in PUG and Solo might not have an issue with this.

Warframe is a loot game.

Like Boarderlands, what is it you do in the end?

You get weapons to kill enemies, then by killing enemies, you get better equipment, and with the better equipment, you build more powerful weapons, then you kill more powerful enemies to get much better equipment, with much better equipment you get even more powerful weapons....

Notice the pathern.

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Like Boarderlands

that statement right there! No!!! Warframe is not comparable to Borderlands!! Just No!

Warframe is just masked in grind! the main reason, i started playing is because of friends and it's unique the weapons, movement systems, the frames, the abilities, being able to slow down enemies, frost's globe, that's the selling point for me in this game, the ship also, but the general structure of the game is meh.. for me. Borderlands wins (10 - 0).

Edited by NightElve

6 minutes ago, NightElve said:

that statement right there! No!!! Warframe is not comparable to Borderlands!! Just No!

It is... Warframe is a 3D game, it uses guns, it uses powers, it uses characters, it has enemies for you to kill in a PvE setting...

WARFRAME IS A RIP-OFF OF BORDERLANDS!!!

Edited by Venom-Snake

23 minutes ago, NightElve said:

and to add: do you remember recruit chat with Messages like this: H - T*S for fun, bring anything, Faitko challenge, (doing endless runs with friends till you almost run out of revives) doing a randomizer and going to the void? well all that is 100% gone!

I´ve never ever anywhere said that farming is all i do, i just said i´m sick of getting my prime parts from the void tileset. What´s your problem?

Edited by VoidNomade
\o/

31 minutes ago, NightElve said:

Well the void tileset is still there, just no prime parts.... soooo

Edited by KJRenz

Fragmenting the population too much is not a good idea. If you'll have 2 activities that give the same reward, you'll have split population.

You'll have void keys and relics dropping from normal missions. Those who want to burn void keys will be getting tons of useless loot in the form of the relics, and those who hate the old void will be getting useless keys. 

Basically what I'm saying is that it is not a good idea to have 2 separate activities that give the same reward.

If you want the old void - you can still do it, and it is actually a great place to farm high level relics now. It still has its place, just the jpeg of the rewards is different. Then you take those rewards and turn them into the old jpeg.

16 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

What´s your problem?

it was a question not a pre-defined statement... oh.. and i also used a question mark symbol(?) - to symbolize i was inquiring rather than passing a factual statement.

Edited by NightElve

2 minutes ago, NightElve said:

it was a question not a pre-defined statement...!

Sure....

The sub text sounded more like a implied accusation that everything i do and want is farming prime parts while in the same breath you´re glorifying void mission farming.

And about the other things you´ve mentioned, your opinion about the fissure system, i completely disagree.

Lore reasons, also i think there should be a line between criticism and (making DE what we want because it's our comfort zone).

I understand hate when things don't work, but i don't understand people shunning something new as if it's the plague and threatening to leave because they can't handle said change and i hope the devs don't give in, they certainly don't need me to say this, what is that quality? Artistic Integrity?

I played for 3.5+ year and i aint sick of void tileset...whats wrong with me?

Also i don't run new void at all, while previously i run t4 defs, interceptions and survs just for fun+it provide constant stream of duckhats.

Now i don't, esp after DE statement that with new prime acces you gonna need to farm for new relics, so you can't stockpile them now and run after prime acces arrive.

There zero reason to play endless missions now if you have everythig in the game, every gun, every mod and it's sad. Just for "Fun" ain't gonna work, and current endless missions provide no rewards that i see worthwile, to spend mine time on it, so i just play other games instead.

After old void removal i just less play warframe, since there nothing left to do for me, DE should add endless mission for new void at start, not after month or so.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

19 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Well the void tileset is still there, just no prime parts.... soooo

See that's my biggest problem with all the "bring back the old void" comment threads. The old void is right there, if you enjoy doing it for a challenge you still can.

You can still do endless missions to your hearts content.  You just can't get tons of extra prime parts for a single key anymore.

all i want is old void sab and cap. In the new missions for Sab finding the caches grants you next to nothing. Capture missions are no longer speed runs, it's capture the target then stand around waiting to kill enough void enemies for 10 reactant. I want to play my volt and nezha in missions that suit them again. GOTTA GO FAST. i hated the endless missions 20 minutes minimum for a 12 sided dice roll that is weighted to not give you the thing you want.

1 hour ago, NightElve said:

Warframe is just masked in grind! the main reason, i started playing is because of friends and it's unique the weapons, movement systems, the frames, the abilities, being able to slow down enemies, frost's globe, that's the selling point for me in this game, the ship also, but the general structure of the game is meh.. for me. Borderlands wins (10 - 0).

But its super comparable to Borderlands. Both games are crazy grinds at some point, the main differences is that Borderlands doesnt make you wait for it. Just about everything else is the same/comparable. 

As for OP: You want to bring back the old void simply because it has "charm"? What kind of reasoning is that? If I ever have to go to rotation C in a survival or a defense to get a prime part itll be too soon. (and yes I know with this new system its basically the same thing except for relics, but I dont have to get to that rotation for the prime part)

Edited by armedpoop

The thing about the new relic system(from what I've observed) is that it opens up the entire star chart to prime parts.  This is great, considering lots of people tend to avoid other tilesets and planets and play specifically void.  That's a lot of content overlooked. I feel like that's why DE did it in the first place, and the new system looks fun honestly, I got bored doing defense after defense.

Spoiler

(inb4 xbox player knows nothing)

3 hours ago, VoidNomade said:

I used to farm my stuff for nearly two years now from void missions.

And i am sick of it.

So the new system is two birds with one stone for me.

Also on the english forum i see Void :3.

And yes i aggree with you there on the topic.

Also my point to it, De msotly did thsi change to prevent people of loosing there dorps by some net connection or maybe some bug, and now on top you can choose freely in a group without ending up with like Orokin Cells or Fusin Cores you might had not wanted.

Edited by Marine027