Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Behind Your Name

DawnThade

steps

1. Friend and I wanted to make a youtube channel
  2. Named it "DumplingDuo" (it never worked out)
  3. we became the Dumpling Delivery Men (I was Dumpling Delivery Man 2)
  4. Other people would either call me Dumpling or Dump
  5. Friend showed me new friend
  6. New friend call me Dumfing
  7. End

When Battle Mages were first released in Maplestory they kinda gave off a dark vibe. Not just the color but their skills too; using dark skills and summoning small reapers. With the revamp they received not only do they look dark but also as if they made a pack with Death.

Necro- is related to death; at the time I made my first Battle Mage, I like the sound more than the definition. Switch 'c' with 'k' to make it more visually appealing.

The Arts part pretty self-explanatory.

My name Started when I played Runescape, I had a badass looking hood and I paid for a name change. I wanted a Badass sounding name to match my Appearance so I kept thinking of names that involved Demons (Which little did I know at the time would be a growing interest for me), I settled with IceColdDemon. For a while I rolled with this name but after certain account complications I made a new account I still wanted to have Demon in my name but I wanted something Unique that stood out most versions of Demonfreak were taken or used and it just felt like it didnt have enough flare read it, but I loved the sound of it so I went with the name Demonfr34k and ever since then ive used this name on Many other games.

Edited by Demonfr34k

A long, long time ago, when even Dark Sector was but a twinkle in DE's collective pink shorts...

*cue smoke machines*

...my rich friend's dad bought a bunch of WoW accounts. Now, I already had my own, but he insisted on giving me one anyway. This gift account turned out to be very useful, because it allowed me to have both Alliance and Horde characters on the same server. When I first took ownership of said account, it had only one character.

Lamprey.

Now, right away it was very important that I establish for all and sundry that I was not the same person who previously used that account and played that character. The new name was natural, and stuck right away.

I've used it ever since, because I still like the logical truism. Somewhere out there is a guy who used to go by the handle of "Lamprey," and I am not him.

Férah Frithú - a modernized adaptation of a saying originating in a language spoken by the old saxons. It means "Free Spirit" or "Inner Peace". Seeing as I count myself to the low saxons, a people now officially acknowledged as having their own language and cultural heritage, so I thought it'd be fitting to use this as a name.

Also, I like learning old languages with a vast amount of ancient history behind it.

My grandfather was a bomber pilot in WW2 for the U.S. 

"Shade" was his squadron's call-sign. If I remember correctly, his squad was about 12 bombers. 

The bombs were, of course, numbered. It just so happened, the last bomb he ever dropped was "#0216." When he landed, "#0217" was the next bomb on the line.

Hence, Shade0217.

I guess its my way of keeping him alive. 

It also happens that Shade was the name of one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite games - "Silent Line: Armored Core"

Heh. Back in the dark ages, when I was 15, I made a roleplay character and named it 'Tzolkin', after the Mayan occult calendar, which I had a fascination with at the time. The character went through several evolutions as I got older, and a close friend started nicknaming me 'Tzolkat' as a joke/play on words. The name stuck, and it's been my online identity ever since.

Back in high school we would set up Counter Strike LAN parties from time to time, my favored tactic in free for all matches was to just stock up on flashbang grenades and just use my knife. I'd throw one around any corner I thought someone was behind and run and knife them while they were dazed.

The lack of vowels is a result of my interest in ancient greek history, I had learned that the first alphabet they used didn't have vowels, and I thought that was neat so I did the same.

A friend of mine liked to mention that is seemed I had been disemvoweled. -_-

I've been using this name while gaming for over 12 years now.

I had an edgelord friend who constantly named himself acronym names like B.L.O.O.D where each letter meant something behind it.

so to mock him in a ribbing way I made my display name in AIM back in THE DAY as SoE for soul of entropy. I added the GDT cause I always had a Tonberry as my avatars on other forums and whatnot back when so I made it into God D*Clem* Tonberry, which I then Comboed together to look like a misspelling of So Edgy.

Eventually it Evolved into just a meaningless name with no acronym behind it that I carry around. Because, hey! why not? Plus SoE is supposed to be said like "Zoey" and I like that name.

36 minutes ago, -Mandalorian-Tenno- said:

I love Star Trek! of course!

and in it, when Darth Gandalf quoted: "I have made the Blue Eyes White Dragon as my Horcrux, you'll never be the Romeo to my Juliet!" I just fell in-love!

offensive.jpg?w=300

My handle is from 2001 or so.  In SWAT3 your name was on the back of your dude.  I made the mistake of using my real actual name and was disturbed when I saw him bloody and writhing on the floor after a mission went wrong.  I immediately changed it to Don_T_Shoot, or Don T. Shoot after that.

a mix of my name, surnames and a bad pun at that.
I used this nick back when playing DOOM via dial-up and later TEN with DN3D

used it in arcades back in the day too... this is where the pun part comes in, ACU is supposed to stand for 'I SEE YOU' with the limited 3 characters.
keep in mind that was from when I was very young so I didn't know that "I" wasn't spelt with an A. :p

"Dreddeth" was the name I gave to a card-carrying villain in the first real story I'd ever written. It's a portmanteau of "dread" and "death," and yes, that particular story was as deliberately edgy in its entirety as that tidbit makes it sound.

About a year after that I took up the alias myself as punishment, a reminder never to write trashy pulp fiction about an empire of evil space werewolves committing interplanetary genocide against heavy metal dragons and then being erased from existence by the risen and vengeful bones of the extinct species or similar ever again.

Edited by Dreddeth