Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked from region chat for no reason and w/o warning

Raniu

Dear Tenno. I wanted to ask you this before I submit a ticket to the support. I don't want to fuss around if it's a common issue.

Have you ever had your region chat just stop? Have you ever been kicked from the region chat without getting a reason from a kick bot? If so, did it happen often or rarely?

My story: Sometime like a month ago I started to use some non-English region chat. I noticed that the chat would often just stop moving like if everybody became inactive. Whenever I wanted to fix it I entered the dojo and came back to the ship. One time, after my return, someone, whom I'd been talking to before the chat stopped working, asked me what the reason for the kick was. I was surprised, I had no idea that I was kicked. Yet he told me there was a 'Raniu was kicked from the chat' white message thing. Last thing I said before said kick happened was something like 'the incubator upgrade segment reduces daily DNA degradation rate to 5%'.

Now I feel like I should report it to the support for I have been kicked about 10 times already without even knowing. Who knows, maybe some chat moderator is having a good time. Or is it a common issue that just happens to everybody because bugframe?

Edited by Raniu

Without know exactly what you said it's hard to say. Most likely you said a wrong word or a wrong combination of words. If you get autokicked because of trading/recruiting related sentences, kickbot tells you the reason. If it's something else, there's no reason stated.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Most likely you said a wrong word or a wrong combination of words.

It happened to be the case for me already. Someone in region had a question that was impossible to answer without using the word "void". I answered it and yeah, I got kicked.

100% sure I didn't use any word for which I'd possibly get kicked.

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I never get kicked from region chat. But then again, I don't spam, swear or type in all caps when I'm on there. I also find it difficult to believe that there's some mysterious moderator out there to make your life miserable

I too never spam nor swear, not to mention allcaps. And I too find it hard to believe that it's a mod behind it... But nobody else had this issue, it's like if only my nickname was cursed :sad: 

21 minutes ago, Raniu said:

I have been kicked about 10 times already without even knowing.

Well...That's over the freaking limit, you better send them ticket ASAP (not really)

But that sounds really ridiculous 

ooh BTW, if that was kickbot who kicked you, what did you expect

Spoiler

3e3.jpg This him Probably 

Edited by Zdeadfallout
I had to do it :'(

There is a bug with chat and bad connections, where if your connection becomes to their servers becomes too slow for chat to continue updating, it will just stop and it will not refresh until you relog. Normally, it's supposed to refresh by itself once your connection is good enough, it just doesn't do it. It's a chat bug with all the central chats - region, recruitment and trade. If you go on a mission while your chat is bugged, once you're out, it will show the room as empty and it won't show any messages. 

1 minute ago, QuietBiro said:

There is a bug with chat and bad connections, where if your connection becomes to their servers becomes too slow for chat to continue updating, it will just stop and it will not refresh until you relog.

That's what I thought was happening all the time.

Except:

23 minutes ago, Raniu said:

there was a 'Raniu was kicked from the chat' white message thing

Just edited the OP and put this ^^^ there, I forgot to mention the announcement.

17 minutes ago, Raniu said:

I too never spam nor swear, not to mention allcaps. And I too find it hard to believe that it's a mod behind it... But nobody else had this issue, it's like if only my nickname was cursed :sad: 

Well, if that's the case, then the most reasonable thing to do may well be a support ticket. They're the ones with the chat logs.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Is it Possible kickbot mistook the non English words?

No, it's not. I have the pictures of the chat, I can assure you that whoever answers my support ticket will see that what I said was alright.

Kickbot is wierd.  I sometimes get kicked for using trigger words like "taxi"  and "host"  when answering questions. Sometimes I accidentally press caps lock,  which is okay. 

Once I got banned for 3h, not simply kicked, for saying "and they lay eggs". 

If you really think that there is something wrong,  send a support ticket. Other than that,  it's just kickbot being kickbot. 

7 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

Were you writing another language in an english channel? Some of the words you used might have been considered vulgar in the english vernacular.

I was typing non-English in non-English region chat.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hold on a sec, you can get kicked for the word "void"? You joking right?

Not joking. Say someone asks where to get argon crystals. You say "in the void". Voila, you just got yourself kicked (from the region we're talking about, not the one everyone uses).

10 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hold on a sec, you can get kicked for the word "void"? You joking right?

Player is either joking or misinformed.

From what I've seen bot trigger phrases are (and not limited to):

"taxi to"

"need help with"

"want to sell" (as well as "wts")

"want to buy" (as well as "wtb")

"hosting"

racist slurs

homophobic slurs (including the misspelled variant of Fragor, which will earn you a 24h ban)

Overusing capital letters (around 20 but not sure of the exact number)

Overusing punctuation

Overusing emoticons

Certain words and phrases related to bad periods of spam (such as "riot" or "eggs", although I think that was removed some time later)

Words and phrases that relate to bashing game's content (such as those that offend Baro Ki'Teer)

Edit: I do not know whether these exact forms apply to non-English versions of the bot, but it's safe to assume that translated phrases would be included

Edited by cxll
Addition under "edit" note.

4 minutes ago, cxll said:

Words and phrases that relate to bashing game's content (such as those that offend Baro Ki'Teer)

Wouldn't be needed when baro would bring decent stuff  :crylaugh: 

Also, what can i understand under "words and phrases that relate to bashing game's content"? Any examples maybe? I mean, how exactly or when does it notice you're bashing baro?

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Also, what can i understand under "words and phrases that relate to bashing game's content"? Any examples maybe? I mean, how exactly or when does it notice you're bashing baro?

Example from a fellow player, default EU region:

e1.png

Also the phrase "Baro Sh*t Teer" offers a suspension of at least 24 hours.

[Edit] 

Here is a screenshot and affected player implies it was a full week suspension.

unknown.png

Edited by cxll
Added under "Edit" paragraph

Yes the chat filter is utter BS. You can saying -snippity- all you want, but as soon as you say -snipper-, BAM, instakick. If you say -snip snip- I think three times in a day, you get a 24 hour ban, automatically. There are probably other words that are so vanilla that I can't even think of or remember, which still earn you kicks/bans.

Edited by Letter13
There are rules against profanity here on the forums, friend.