Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

It has been half year since the release of Excalibur Umbra Prime in China iirc.

About 3/4 of year (yep, 9 months since Umbra's chinese release will be accomplished in the end of this month) 

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

I hope the top secret or lore BS are not excuses to delay the release of Umbras (again), because DE never provide any useful information about the Umbras til now. 

I hope the same, BUT if we recall the delays again (30 day Chinese exclusivity; then a goal before the end of the year, delayed to make umbra something special and not get lost with U18 nor the frames released near the second dream update; after that the well deserved break and a two month guess where no info was given, followed by DE recognizing that they haven't done any progress on Umbra, and a promise of the frame coming "sort of soon" under a top secret label) we can see that lore and other reasons given by DE to delay Umbra were in fact just excuses, which leads me to think that they might stay on the same path and not do any progress on Umbras while telling us otherwise (with the "it will be a surprise" and the "top secret" label as another excuse) just to keep us playing and keep giving us nothing. /salt

Hopefully I'm wrong on this, and we get Umbra this year.

1 hour ago, SharkPot said:

But, seriously we will get it with lore and all so it will take time.

Inaros, atlas, limbo, mirage, Mesa,(can't remember if there were more) had their own quests and I don't think that writing and coding those took over 9 months to DE to write them, thi is another reason to keep high expectations when talking about what we would like to see on Umbra.

What leads me with a slight bit of hope is.......during the PAX conference Steve was wearing a scarf similar to Umbra and kept playing around with his scarf during the conference so this could be a little hint either that or his was just trolling us.. But I found it a bit strange that not one person during the Q&A mentioned anything about Umbra? which makes me think that the people chosen were..

A.) Staged or selected carefully.

B.) Not a fan of excalibur

Only Time will tell if Umbra ever leaves the Dev labs.. but I can't help but think that Umbra's  "Top Secret" plans are hidden underneath the dev's Coffee cups. DE seems to be focusing on re-skinning existing warframes and bringing out butterfly warframes than giving the community what they really want Sad times really.. If they thought about it or even made Umbra a prime accessory pack or late founder package or a founder package for the new "Umbra warframes" they could make a lot of money.

Edited by 1337G4m4

2 hours ago, 1337G4m4 said:

What leads me with a slight bit of hope is.......during the PAX conference Steve was wearing a scarf similar to Umbra and kept playing around with his scarf during the conference so this could be a little hint either that or his was just trolling us.. But I found it a bit strange that not one person during the Q&A mentioned anything about Umbra? which makes me think that the people chosen were..

A.) Staged or selected carefully.

B.) Not a fan of excalibur

Only Time will tell if Umbra ever leaves the Dev labs.. but I can't help but think that Umbra's  "Top Secret" plans are hidden underneath the dev's Coffee cups. DE seems to be focusing on re-skinning existing warframes and bringing out butterfly warframes than giving the community what they really want Sad times really.. If they thought about it or even made Umbra a prime accessory pack or late founder package or a founder package for the new "Umbra warframes" they could make a lot of money.

Steve tweeted before PAX that there won't be anything related to Umbra, so maybe players just focus on asking different things, instead of asking Umbra and devs just say "Soon"

Edited by LogaMC1995

9 hours ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I was referring to it being the warframe used by the leading tenno rebel.

I know they are not the same. I've completed Second Dream. Go be technical somewhere else please.

Fair enough. That still leaves no actual support for it either way, mind. Like, it's an idea, but with nothing to say it's true, as we do not have any indication of whether Umbra 'frames have any meaning which is especially relevant to Tenno politics or philosophy.

Which actually brings up a question I've been wanting to gather some responses to:

I occasionally see folks talking about 'the Umbras', in the context of "What if the Umbras are the rebel Warframes" or "I bet the Umbras are some kind of hidden faction, waiting for their chance to come out of the shadows". In essence, speaking about Umbra Warframes as if they comprise an independent faction of their own. Now, obviously this isn't all the same people with the same opinions, but I am curious to know whether that's a widespread assumption/theory, that Umbra Warframes are the mark of a self contained splinter faction in and of themselves.

In effect, are folks going with the idea that Umbra Warframes are not just a different technology but are a truly independent faction, with a different kind of Operator?

I have seen a video a teaser for presumingly a new quest and i have thought that through it is how we will get umbra excalibur and is linked with more of shadow /stalkers lore this is a very strange thing i say because why was stalker always black and red? was it because he liked the colors ? was it because he hated everything ? or was it because the orokin faction color was that color... you may see what i mean if you saw the teaser also i have thought about what if stalker himself had a focus? we will find out the truth some day....  any ideas on this feel free to comment them below.

Edited by Slayer116
mistyped war within

1 minute ago, Dobermann92 said:

No, because it was said that it will be in the main game after the exclusivity, but it isn'T in the game yet after many months of waiting.

This is very true.. DE need to stop trolling us and just be honest and come out with the truth and release Umbra already. The 30 days exclusivity has passed and we have been waiting for months 

Well the "War within" teaser was the twin queens right? Where was the stalker ever mentioned?

About stalker having a focus: For that he would need to have a Tenno, right? I think he is a sentient warframe- sentient in the sense of the adjective, not the faction. He hates the Tenno way to much to just be an delusional ignorant angry Tenno, who does not want to believe he isn't the cool edgy stalker, that paints himself in super cool colors and has a OC-Donutsteel™ helmet.

Edited by Megakruemel

27 minutes ago, Slayer116 said:

(The War Within) i have suspicions that it is linked with umbra

Its got to be related to Umbra.. i mean when you watch the video Steve is wearing a scarf similar to Umbra in fact folded and displayed exactly as Umbra.... then when Rebecca goes and now take a look the newest frame Steve's face was a picture etc.. I reckon Umbra will be released in U19... it has to be we have waited far too long for it and just look at how many people in the community are requesting it. this thread has over 2500 replies and over 80k views.  Think thats kinda telling you Dev's / DE something.

Edited by 1337G4m4

1 minute ago, Dobermann92 said:

No, because it was said that it will be in the main game after the exclusivity, but it isn'T in the game yet after many months of waiting.

Their actual words were that they were looking into ways to introduce Excal Umbra, and then that they were probably going to have it in the game this year. They, um. Never actually promised folks Umbra. They're not actually obliged to produce Excal Umbra.

Now, they probably should, and they probably will, and it'll probably be cool when they do......but to be honest, even if DE dropped the ball the whole affair has also led to some rather unpleasant, entitled attitudes being shown among the players too, complete with some harassment of the devs.

oO, yeah. Peeps should strongly consider calming down and just being cautiously optimistic.

2 minutes ago, 1337G4m4 said:

This is very true.. DE need to stop trolling us and just be honest and come out with the truth and release Umbra already. The 30 days exclusivity has passed and we have been waiting for months 

6 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

Le sigh.

DE released Excal Umbra in the Chinese build with little to no reason.

They have already stated that they want Umbra frames to be an actual part of the lore instead of some frame that just came out of someone's butt. 

20 minutes ago, 1337G4m4 said:

24 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

The Umbra Frames will be part of the lore, You can't just THROW them into the game with no explanation whatsoever. Wait for the story to progress first and stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Patience.

26 minutes ago, 1337G4m4 said:

Its got to be related to Umbra.. i mean when you watch the video Steve is wearing a scarf similar to Umbra in fact folded and displayed exactly as Umbra.... then when Rebecca goes and now take a look the newest frame Steve's face was a picture etc.. I reckon Umbra will be released in U19... it has to be we have waited far too long for it and just look at how many people in the community are requesting it. this thread has over 2500 replies and over 80k views.  Think thats kinda telling you Dev's / DE something.

I'm sorry but how does Steve wearing a scarf indicate in any way that we are getting Umbra in U19?

1 minute ago, Mephiste said:

The Umbra Frames will be part of the lore, You can't just THROW them into the game with no explanation whatsoever. Wait for the story to progress first and stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Patience.

Unless you live in China then they will give you Umbra Frames for money and no story is needed..... Bottom Line DE screwed up they released Umbra Excalibur because they couldn't re-release Excal Prime. They said it will be available to the global build ..... People complained they started back tracking now it's just a complete mess. Nobody is acting like spoilt brats we just simply want answers. instead of being told oh it's "Top Secret" "Coming soon"  

1 hour ago, 1337G4m4 said:

Yea,maybe you're right! :smile: