Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, peggisan said:

My speculation is that an Umbra is a warframe with its own will. In the trailer, the 2 that i presume to be the twin queens sound like a young child and an old lady, which dont fit the "Twin" concept. However, we know that the twin queens have been around for a long time, much longer than the normal grineer lifespan. It would make more sence of the two in the trailer were the operator conversing to her warframe. At the end of second dream, we see our warframe acting on its own, pulling the War out of its body even though we were not in control of it, hinting at the possibility of the frames having their own will. Remember when DE said that "Excalibur Umbra wont just be a reskinned version of Excalibur." If Umbras were frames that can act without their operators, then the Frames would be unable to use their Tenno abilities, instead having a different set of abilities. Since the frames could be recolored, I doubt the fact that Excal Umbra Prime being dark compared to light is significant in the story (WFchina's version of Umbra is most likely unrelated to the quest as it was only offered as a founders item.)

Well the twin Queens were Orokin, not Grineer and they were freaks to the Orokin because they were twins. Normally they would have been killed but their father stopped that (he was obviously of the upper class and of some power or that would have never worked)

As for what Umbra is, well I think they were more of the darker side of the Primes who were obviously made to fit the opulent cities of the Orokin. The Umbra frames would be the assassins of the Executioner's, for covertly dealing with those that might have caused issues or spoke out and we're too popular to try and handle with normal law.

It fits their style after all.

27 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well the twin Queens were Orokin, not Grineer and they were freaks to the Orokin because they were twins. Normally they would have been killed but their father stopped that (he was obviously of the upper class and of some power or that would have never worked)

This is a theory or some part of the codex?

4 minutes ago, texrei said:

This is a theory or some part of the codex?

Party of the codex, there is a poem about them.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kuria

Quite literally they kicked the grineers asses so much and often they began worshipping them instead of trying to fight them, seeing them as what they wanted to be.

Edited by SilvaDreams

34 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Party of the codex, there is a poem about them.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kuria

Wow, for some reason i never bothered to find them all or even read the poem.

It sounds like they were conjoined twins, because i have no other guess how elders could be confused seeing newborn babies that all look the same. Curious why they have different voices.

Edited by texrei
Watched the teaser again

44 minutes ago, texrei said:

Wow, for some reason i never bothered to find them all or even read the poem.

It sounds like they were conjoined twins, because i have no other guess how elders could be confused seeing newborn babies that all look the same. Curious why they have different voices.

They are identical twins, that is why the grineer came to worship them, they looked exactly alike much like the grineer. Only the grineer are clones where as the twin Queens are mother nature's clones.

Edited by SilvaDreams
Blasted auto correct

We're finally going to meet the Queens? Cool. Maybe I will finally be able to pledge loyalty to the Grineer. 

As for Umbra Frames, it would be so cool if they're independent and want to fight us. Just give me an Umbra Frost already. I'll gladly embrace the darkness if it means I can look even... cooler. 

Edited by Tymerc

12 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I don't see my transference explanation in the OP. It shouldn't be under U19 info if you did place it there, unless you're referencing something in datamined info.

As for the sneak peek on monday, i'm guessing that is not related to U19 and Umbra. It might be a separate update with Kavats.

the link is highlighted in there , the thread was to the hypotheses which also cites your transference  concept o- o; 

and its probably kavats twitter des are showing them off 

i like Rebeccas best 

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the link is highlighted in there , the thread was to the hypotheses which also cites your transference  concept o- o; 

Honestly, I think you've cluttered the thread too much. There are a lot of sections that run on when not needed, some just completely unnecessary. I have to suggest you review what exactly is important to the OP.

Yes, I understand this is not just a news thread, but discussion as well. However, people will discuss to their own accord, they don't need a large wall of others' speculation to spark a discussion. Most people come here for information, and they can't exactly accomplish that when there's a myriad of unneeded sections, run on descriptions, and loads of player speculation (which doesn't even matter due to the fact it's all in the thread itself, it has no need for a place in the OP). Not every small bit of Warframe news needs to be there. I'm not bashing you or the thread, I've felt this way for a while and I believe it is going too far now. Please understand this is all my personal opinion

Determine whether or not the following is actually significant:

• English definition of the word 'umbra': This can easily be looked up by the reader if they are that curious
  • World of Darkness definition of "Umbra": I don't even understand why this is there to begin with, it's the topic of another video game
  • Void Damage and Zenurik's Umbra Lance: I think this should just be removed entirely, it has no use at all
  • *Concepts: many (if not all) of the "concepts" need to go: there is no need to bullet point such a vast amount of player speculation of what Umbra warframes are
    • This includes much of the "Discussion" section
    •  If you really feel the need to still have concepts exist in the OP, place them in one dedicated section and make it brief (3-5 compressed ideas, not a humongous list)
  • Powers: Currently, we only know of Excalibur Umbra, so just assume he still has Excalibur's abilities
    • I think it is best to remove all mentioning of Umbra passives, alternate animations, etc.
      • The most that should be done is simply saying it is unknown at the current time if Umbra frames in the global build will be affected by Death Orbs
  • Metamorphosis Theory: Speculation; remove or place in concepts section, it does not need its own
  • "How do we obtain Umbras?": When people click this tab, they see this: "There has been quite a few speculations on how we will be obtain umbra(s)".
    • Keyword: Speculation - This entire thread is speculation already. If there is no actual answer to this question, just say there is no actual answer (at the current time, there isn't)
  • "U19 and Umbra Excalibur": Your most recent addition, it has to go for the following reason; "There have been discussion on u19 and its possible link to umbra, some concepts brought forth..."
    • "Concepts" - Again, move to dedicated section if actually needed
  • "Stalker": Heavily tone down what is said in this whole category
    • If the Acolytes are not related to Umbra, there is no point in including them at all in the OP
    • "Guardian Cast" should be removed
    • "Could the Stalker be a Tenno?" should be removed
    • Rhino Prime Codex mention should be removed
      • At this point, it just runs on about the Stalker's lore and what has been inferred from the Second Dream. This is a thread about Umbra warframes, not the Stalker. One uses the other's model, albeit modified; that is all that should be said due to no current information.
    • "Shadow Debt Event" and everything related to Shadow Debt should just be removed entirely
      • "This event is NOT related to umbra, specifically stated By DE in devstream 67" - Then it shouldn't be there
      • "But, one concept discussed is..." - Again, "concept"
      • "Acolyte Quotes" provides nothing about Umbra, and the photoshopped screenshot has caused a lot of misinformation to be spread regardless of your warning
        • All in all, it's best to get rid of everything regarding Shadow Debt

*by far the most needed for removal/review

Apologies for the lengthy post. I hope you understand I don't have any intention of being inflammatory. This is just what I have felt for a while and can no longer accept the OP for what it is. I sincerely hope you consider my suggestions.

Edited by LazerSkink

17 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Honestly, I think you've cluttered the thread too much. There are a lot of sections that run on when not needed, some just completely unnecessary. I have to suggest you review what exactly is important to the OP.

Yes, I understand this is not just a news thread, but discussion as well. However, people will discuss to their own accord, they don't need a large wall of others' speculation to spark a discussion. Most people come here for information, and they can't exactly accomplish that when there's a myriad of unneeded sections, run on descriptions, and loads of player speculation (which doesn't even matter due to the fact it's all in the thread itself, it has no need for a place in the OP). Not every small bit of Warframe news needs to be there. I'm not bashing you or the thread, I've felt this way for a while and I believe it is going too far now. Please understand this is all my personal opinion

Determine whether or not the following is actually significant:

• English definition of the word 'umbra': This can easily be either briefed or removed
  • World of Darkness definition of "Umbra": I don't even understand why this is there to begin with, it's the topic of another video game
  • Void Damage and Zenurik's Umbra Lance: I think this should just be removed entirely, it has no use at all
  • Concepts: many (if not all) of the "concepts" need to go: there is no need to bullet point such a vast amount of player speculation of what Umbra warframes are
    • This includes much of the "Discussion" section
    •  If you really feel the need to still have concepts exist in the OP, place them in one dedicated section and make it brief (3-5 compressed ideas, not a humongous list)
  • Powers: Currently, we only know of Excalibur Umbra, so just assume he still has Excalibur's abilities
    • I think it is best to remove all mentioning of Umbra passives, alternate animations, etc.
      • The most that should be done is simply saying it is unknown at the current time if Umbra frames in the global build will be affected by Death Orbs
  • Metamorphosis Theory: Remove or place in concepts section, it does not need its own
  • "How do we obtain Umbras?": When people click this thread, they see this: "There has been quite a few speculations on how we will be obtain umbra(s)".
    • Keyword: Speculation - This entire thread is speculation already. If there is no actual answer to this question, just say there is no actual answer (at the current time, there isn't)
  • "U19 and Umbra Excalibur": Your most recent addition, it has to go for the following reason; "There have been discussion on u19 and its possible link to umbra, some concepts brought forth..."
  • "Stalker": Heavily tone down what is said in this whole category
    • If the Acolytes are not related to Umbra, there is no point in including them at all in the OP
    • "Guardian Cast" should be removed
    • "Could the Stalker be a Tenno?" should be removed
    • Rhino Prime Codex mention should be removed
      • At this point, it just runs on about the Stalker's lore and what has been inferred from the Second Dream. This is a thread about about Umbra warframes, not the Stalker. One uses the other's model, albeit modified; that is all that should be said due to no current information.
    • "Shadow Debt Event" and everything related to Shadow Debt should just be removed entirely
      • "This event is NOT related to umbra, specifically stated By DE in devstream 67" - Then it shouldn't be there
      • "But, one concept discussed is..." - Again, "concept"
      • "Acolyte Quotes" provides nothing about Umbra, and the photoshopped screenshot has caused a lot of misinformation to be spread regardless of your warning
        • All in all, it's best to get rid of everything regarding Shadow Debt

Apologies for the lengthy post. I hope you understand I don't have any intention of being inflammatory. This is just what I have felt for a while and can no longer accept the OP for what it is. I sincerely hope you consider my suggestions.

I agree with you. The OP should be simplified with what we know for a fact. All of the player speculation and conjecture should be removed.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 7:51 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Per Steve: there will be roughly a 6% difference, so the global builds Umbra will look 94% similar to Excalibur Umbra Prime featured in china founders

this is not at all what Steve said:

ZUKheTP.jpg

Steve was giving a rough percentage guess of how sure he was that both would be the same, to put it simply, Steve was 94% sure that our Umbra would be 100% the same to Umbra Prime

I would advise editing this, along with the tips LazorSkink provided

33 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

this is not at all what Steve said:

ZUKheTP.jpg

Steve was giving a rough percentage guess of how sure he was that both would be the same, to put it simply, Steve was 94% sure that our Umbra would be 100% the same to Umbra Prime

I would advise editing this, along with the tips LazorSkink provided

Good catch.

"As I remember I've saw an old post on twitter that someone ask to Steve how much the Umbra will be the same, it was like 94%, I'm not quite sure but the number was like that, I guess they remove the scarf and make that purchasable like a syndana, I dunno what gold part they will remove it but I don't think all the stuff"

My memory was good! :D

3 hours ago, AndrewScreamSoul said:

"As I remember I've saw an old post on twitter that someone ask to Steve how much the Umbra will be the same, it was like 94%, I'm not quite sure but the number was like that, I guess they remove the scarf and make that purchasable like a syndana, I dunno what gold part they will remove it but I don't think all the stuff"

My memory was good! :D

then it is not 94% then by your logic it would be the same 70%

10 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Yeah agreed, but what about the stuff that some of us know that we aren't supposed to know?

Then it stays out of this thread as illegitimate datamined information, and can be added to the thread when it becomes available through legitimate release. Very simple.

sorry was doing xb1 event ,

so some ideas on thread adjustment sounds good to me , it needs an overhaul im just unsure about what we need vs what is still relevant so ill work on implementing a rework of OP 

Ive contemplated how to further adjust this and break it up into sections before and try to move everything around but it will take time  spoilers in spoilers ect 

I'll try to get to the changes today or tonight

Spoiler

sections should be broken up into some  main categories  with sub sections

EX:?

• Log 
  • News
  • Discussion
  • Misc

id like to add a date tag on the section that receives updates 

so 

log (x-x-x)

News( x-x-x) 

for example 

should we discuss topics that we want to include/add in each section after this overhaul

example 

News:

Spoiler
  • Dev stream
  • Stats
  • Videos
  • China info

Discussion:

Spoiler
  • Quick Reference - whats been discussed (summed up?)
  • hypothesis/theories (move Stalker & Umbra here)
  • U19 idea Discussion 
  • ?

Misc:

Spoiler
  • cosmetic variations 
  • Fan art/fiction
  • ?

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

massive rework please check it out and provide feedback X_X 

Reveal hidden contents

i need a mello yello for that

that took hours of moving and altering spoilers kept deleting x. x

Significant improvement, incredibly easier to get around. Maybe make it slightly more clear in the Discussions section that it's fan speculation and conjecture (due to "info, concepts discussed" may be a tad unclear). Besides that, the OP is much much better than its previous state.

Enjoy your Mello Yello.