Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

-snip-

as Ive said Official News from DE is in Op's news section, anything else is conjecture or speculation

our views is neither right , nor wrong... but a grey area at this point till umbras is revealed and the argument is put to rest.

but if i may, you should look into needleman 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

as Ive said Official News from DE is in Op's news section, anything else is conjecture or speculation

our views is neither right , nor wrong... but a grey area at this point till umbras is revealed and the argument is put to rest.

Sameen-s-classic-eye-roll-and-head-shake

Are you high or something? You're not making any clear points or a concise statement. You're jumping all over the place and referencing things that don't necessary correlate to what I've said to you in a prior post. It almost feels like you're trolling or trying to stray from the matter at hand to make your counterargument seem valid. There are some facts in the OP that players may find, but it doesn't help the players when you're telling them speculation as if it were a fact, when DE has not confirmed that being the case.

Views can be wrong when it's conjecture being stated as if it were a fact, which you were doing when you felt the need to correct someone by saying Umbra and Umbra Prime are 2 different frames. You do not have 100% certainty or facts to make such a statement, therefore it is conjecture and wrong.

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

And I hope for umbra 2 cam in game because for his scarfs,gold and umbra profil picture :smile: 

and i care for excal :stalker:  

ya same here i would give all my plat for excal umbra.

i could die in peace if i had excal umbra 

There's a lot of argument going on about if they are mechanically a different frame. Didn't the devs already confirm that Umbras were not just a re-skin? Doesn't that make it a fact that they are mechanically different in at least one way? Would it even make sense to even Prime a re-skin?

And if it is a reskin...then who the @#$% cares when they come out?...we've got alternate frame skins already. If they aren't in fact a different frame at least partially then why would there be such a hype over them? If Umbras were so hyped up then came out and were a re-skin there would be a massive backlash..and for once I would say it's justified. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

There's a lot of argument going on about if they are mechanically a different frame. Didn't the devs already confirm that Umbras were not just a re-skin? Doesn't that make it a fact that they are mechanically different in at least one way? Would it even make sense to even Prime a re-skin?

And if it is a reskin...then who the @#$% cares when they come out?...we've got alternate frame skins already. If they aren't in fact a different frame at least partially then why would there be such a hype over them? If Umbras were so hyped up then came out and were a re-skin there would be a massive backlash..and for once I would say it's justified. 

They are not like Immortal skins, they are like Primes. Separate frames and sources of MR. They will have a different method of acquisition than Primes. 

I believe that is all that's been explicitly stated by DE. 

The following is speculation and my opinion. 

I believe they will have exactly the same abilities, but maybe different fx, like Frost Prime Ice Wave leaves gold spikes in its wake, maybe Frost Umbra would leave silver or black spikes, or smoke. Or like Gersemi Hysteria, different arm spikes geometry. 

off topic,

I would actually like to suggest that Prime particles in abilities use the Prime Metal color picker. My Primes are nearly all using silver, but their abilities have pre pbr radioactive cheese gold.

And it seems logical that Umbras won't get energy from Death Orbs, because that's the Prime passive and our Umbras aren't Prime, but they may have another passive. I do not think Excalibur Umbra will have Reckoning or Exalted Nikana. Maybe a different sword model, which could be more Nikanalike, although I can't imagine how it could be moreso, but same animations. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus
Need to be able to edit raw text instead of guis and wysiwygs if so desired. And for me that's always.

13 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Hide contents

And it seems logical that Umbras won't get energy from Death Orbs, because that's the Prime passive and our Umbras aren't Prime, but they may have another passive. I do not think Excalibur Umbra will have Reckoning or Exalted Nikana. Maybe a different sword model, which could be more Nikanalike, although I can't imagine how it could be moreso, but same animations. 

I hope this passive makes him immune to void-like abilities, like immune to Arson, Artic, Parasitic etc.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I haven't seen anyone argue over whether it's a skin or not in weeks. Pretty sure everyone knows it's a new frame variant by now.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

I haven't seen anyone argue over whether it's a skin or not in weeks. Pretty sure everyone knows it's a new frame variant by now.

its in the op and also on danielles post

but ill just quote Danielle's info on it hopefully that clears it up 

Per [DE]Danielle:

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58#61#64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^

22 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

as do many

I think I'll just give up if I have to wait til 20. Hell for taking this long already, this supposed "cinimatic quest" he's tied to better be 100% unique, have entirely original content and be 5 hours long. I better feel like I'm playing the Indiana Jones Trilogy for how much hype and delay was put into this.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I think I'll just give up if I have to wait til 20. Hell for taking this long already, this supposed "cinimatic quest" he's tied to better be 100% unique, have entirely original content and be 5 hours long. I better feel like I'm playing the Indiana Jones Trilogy for how much hype and delay was put into this.

This is your regularly scheduled reminder that while the delay is due to DE, the hype is coming entirely, 100%, from players, and that DE have never actually encouraged it.

i have been searching for any information on the Umbra frames and the possible release for PS4 but i cannot find anything? All i can find is: Excalibur Umbra is the Umbra variant of Excalibur first released in the Chinese build of WARFRAME. It will be released in the Global Build at a later date. Has anyone heard anything and sorry if this has been asked already.