Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, Teloch said:

"Umbra" - potentially the most severe OCD trigger of the warframe community

Kind of like Half Life 3....

OP, if you actually was paying attention to the stream, they said NO UMBRA, sorry to kick you off your high horse there, but it's not umbra, if it was umbra, they wouldn't of teased it like that, and left us wondering, and they certainly wouldn't of said "it's not umbra" right after teasing it.

Just now, Megakruemel said:

They said "It's not Umbra." yet people still say it's umbra.

What the hell is so great about the Umbra variant. You guys seem to overreact way to much.

Well it's a beginning for a new series of warframes and more lore

What's not to want there?

2 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

What the hell is so great about the Umbra variant. You guys seem to overreact way to much.

It's basically because of all the whiners who want Excal Prime, and realized that they'll never get him. Thus, they're harping on DE to release Umbra.

Then again, they didn't acknowledge the stalker either, so... I mean, if they don't want to spoil umbras, what else could they say except "No umbra"? "Uh, we can't really talk about that?" "We can't say if umbra is in 19 or not" "We can neither confirm nor deny Umbra's release in 19"?

I admit that it's entirely possible (even likely) that that Umbra(s) aren't in 19, but I also recognize that it's possible that they are, and devs are just denying it to keep it a surprise.

After all, nothing prevents them from saying "Surprise! We lied, it's totally umbra!" after 19 has been released, right?

8 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

Then again, they didn't acknowledge the stalker either, so... I mean, if they don't want to spoil umbras, what else could they say except "No umbra"? "Uh, we can't really talk about that?" "We can't say if umbra is in 19 or not" "We can neither confirm nor deny Umbra's release in 19"?

I admit that it's entirely possible (even likely) that that Umbra(s) aren't in 19, but I also recognize that it's possible that they are, and devs are just denying it to keep it a surprise.

After all, nothing prevents them from saying "Surprise! We lied, it's totally umbra!" after 19 has been released, right?

Use to be a community manager, and this is not how you do things. If certain content people want is going to be in the next patch and you don't want to spoil it, you don't acknowledge it. That usually leaves things in the air. Same thing when a certain game is in development and people are getting hyped, but the devs don't want to reveal anything yet; they typically state they cannot talk about it or give anything else yet. You never confirm or deny when certain content is coming if you don't want to spoil it. That being said, I've never seen DE say no to something about a patch then suddenly turn around and do that exact thing in the said patch without informing people.

Either way, who knows. As to answer @PrVonTuckIII, as a founder; I don't mind Excalibur Umbra being released to everyone. Most of the founders here only care about the unique design of Excalibur Prime, not it's combat potential and I've always wanted an Excalibur of equal stats / power to the Prime variant to be released to the public. Just not prime. The only thing I've seen founders get upset over with Umbra is that founders wanted a rework on Excalibur Prime's model to be brought up with the current quality of prime frames, but were ignored and now Umbra is being released.

Edited by Lusts

18 minutes ago, Weird_Stealth said:

Kind of like Half Life 3....

OP, if you actually was paying attention to the stream, they said NO UMBRA, sorry to kick you off your high horse there, but it's not umbra, if it was umbra, they wouldn't of teased it like that, and left us wondering, and they certainly wouldn't of said "it's not umbra" right after teasing it.

i wasnt able to watch the whole stream, must have missed that part

Just now, Genoscythe said:

Specters of the rail?

Maybe we have to fight a clone of ourselves? just like the specters we equip?

Might be some kind of guardian Tenno maybe.

This is more likely. When I saw that tease Steve gave, I thought 'doppleganger' or some sort. Sort of like the Legend of Zelda where you fight your doppleganger as a test to get past a certain level, or Guild Wars where you had to fight your doppleganger with same gear and skills as an ascension test before you could face tougher foes.

30 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

Common sense is not so common these days :(

What the hell is so great about the Umbra variant.

DEM SCARFS!!!! and nothing else really, maybe a bit of stat boost? nothing special about them except for DEM SCARFS.

You guys seem to overreact way to much.

New content / new update = overreaction and speculation time! 

To OP, that person will test our might in order to move forward in the game/ star chart, how we will be tested we don't know yet but it's not Umbra that's for sure and Umbra will get its own cinematic quest, when? we don't know.

Edited by Prinny13

1 minute ago, Prinny13 said:

Common sense is not so common these days :(

DEM SCARFS!!!! and nothing else really, maybe a bit of stat boost? nothing special about them except for DEM SCARFS.

New content / new update = overreaction and speculation time! 

firstly i did say i must have missed the part where DE say no umbra in a previous reply ;p.

And second. Speculation is what made this game fun for me (more fun that is)

33 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Well they didn't want to show it now, why would they spoil it at all?

Well...considering DE spoiled Booben Prime well ahead of the data miners I'd say they'd prefer to line things out themselves before anyone else can.

When Umbra's ready to roll out...DE will be the first to let us know.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Well...considering DE spoiled Booben Prime well ahead of the data miners I'd say they'd prefer to line things out themselves before anyone else can.

When Umbra's ready to roll out...DE will be the first to let us know.

Pretty much this. When primes (excluding excalibur prime) were announced, they announced the frames and the method to get them before the update for them hit. If Umbra Excalibur gets released, they will announce it and I highly doubt it will tie into any lore. The only lore tie in I can see is the tileset used to obtain the frames, and usually tilesets aren't spoiler worthy. Hell, they showed off the new tileset two devstreams ago that is tied in with the next bit of lore coming out.

16 minutes ago, edski10 said:

firstly i did say i must have missed the part where DE say no umbra in a previous reply ;p.

I guess i missed it, sorry for that bro.

16 minutes ago, edski10 said:

And second. Speculation is what made this game fun for me (more fun that is)

Then try not to over anything, sometimes less expectation/ speculation = better experience, example : Dark Split-Sword :(

But have fun if you could, i will help you with stuff (going crazy) for my own enjoyment :D