The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Dunno, just talking on other topics, this reminded of the primed chamber issue, a non-exclusive event reward, stated to come back anytime on an event (special enough to put it as reward), and well, we all know how it has gone during 2 and a half years now. I don't wanna be that guy, but DE might be stalling on it in the same way they got stalled with primed chamber, and they are just saying stuff to keep us calm while avoiding the topic expecting us to forget about it.

The "special" word simply doesn't mean anything good after being reminded of such topic.

*spams blessings*

JK

it may be more of a addition to the lore rather than a simple revision of excalibure prime gone dark side (or it could be...dont really know)

it could possibly be a frame that has good synergy and buffs other frames?

also the global umbra Excalibur, will be a different model, less gold but still gold as pointed out. could this mean they plan different power tool kits then the china version and possibly why it is hard to give a solid date if they are still altering the warframes powers to be unique and not a simple replica frame

Hopefully you're right, I just wanted to point that this is not the first time DE delays something for prolonged periods of time while simply avoiding the topic and saying "it will come, but when we realize a special way to give it", being the waiting for primed chamber the longest one to date (2 and a half years listening the same excuses and still no re-release of a single mod)

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Hopefully you're right, I just wanted to point that this is not the first time DE delays something for prolonged periods of time while simply avoiding the topic and saying "it will come, but when we realize a special way to give it", being the waiting for primed chamber the longest one to date (2 and a half years listening the same excuses and still no re-release of a single mod)

Ever since got nerfed to the ground you're not missing much from it.

Aside from collection reasons of course.

Ever since got nerfed to the ground you're not missing much from it.

Aside from collection reasons of course.

Didn't know of such nerf, anyways I named Primed Chamber just as a comparison to the current state of umbra release and how DE hides behind many excuses to not release some stuff.

Off topic:

As a vectis user, Primed Chamber would suit me pretty fine. I'd like getting one but the current price on trading is simply ridiculous. Anyways the leak of primed charged chamber (maybe a troll like primed streamline) confirms how DE seems to refuse to give players joining after the event a chance to get a primed chamber. Anyways there are other topics about this mod, and as I said before, it was named just as a reference.

Dunno, just talking on other topics, this reminded of the primed chamber issue, a non-exclusive event reward, stated to come back anytime on an event (special enough to put it as reward), and well, we all know how it has gone during 2 and a half years now. I don't wanna be that guy, but DE might be stalling on it in the same way they got stalled with primed chamber, and they are just saying stuff to keep us calm while avoiding the topic expecting us to forget about it.

The "special" word simply doesn't mean anything good after being reminded of such topic.

This, and they are not doing a great job of trying to avoid toxic, we won't forget about it..

I feel like the whole issue went like this:

- DE needed an incentive to help China WF spreading, same as the global build in the past, so they released an Excalibur Prime version which is not Excalibur Prime. But it's kinda Excalibur Prime

- DE understimated the reaction here, they probably thought they were able to release a standard Umbra and kindly explain that the Primed version was an exclusive to Changyou WF; if you ask me, Excalibur Umbra was supposed to be very different from Excalibur Umbra Prime, as Changyou and "Chinese Rebecca" said immediately after the whole Umbra issue began

- DE realised that the huge megathread about Umbra reflected an angry community with an high risk to be pi**ed off at levels that were never reached so far

- They had then to contact Changyou and revisit the deal, I imagine something like "Look, they're going to kill us, really. I know we told you that Excalibur Umbra Prime was an exclusive for Changyou WF, but we just can't know, we have to find another solution"

- They somehow were able to find a way to make our Excalibur Umbra close enough to Excalibur Umbra Prime; not sure how Changyou reacted to that, but still...

- While a standard Umbra reskin was easier to implement(as it has been in the Changyou version), a Prime version here is not that easy; and even withouth the "Prime" label, we all know it will be "94%" close to a Prime Umbra, which doesn't make that much sense, but still it's the only way to avoid an insane rage like never before.

- Though, there must be a reason to implement it now, it can't really be a "Hey, look, update 18.4 will feature Excalibur Umbra, buy the BP in the lab and craft it, enjoy!"; while this was probably close to the original plan, the fact that they've been forced(well, don't know what they were expecting here, really) to release another Excalibur Prime version makes everything way more complicated: Founders are way less than non founders and objectively if I had to chose which faction to p**s off then I'd go with Founders, especially if they found a way to release and Excalibur Prime without really releasing THE Excalibur Prime

The whole issue started back when the founders program was decided to feature exclusives that were never going to come back; this is, imho, affecting Umbra and its release, as well as the relationship with Changyou and the exclusive deal DE has with them.

Edited by siralextraffo

What do you mean by this?..

That it safer to piss off founders rather than non founders; ofc in a situation when you are forced to piss someone off, it's not a good choice anyway!

But, most founders are gone by now and the active one are way, way, way less than non founders, which are growing every day instead.

Not saying DE should intentionally piss off anyone, but since there's apparently no way out, I think the safest option would be that one!

Edited by siralextraffo

That it safer to piss off founders rather than non founders; ofc in a situation when you are forced to piss someone off, it's not a good choice anyway!

But, most founders are gone by now and the active one are way, way, way less than non founders, which are growing every day instead.

Not saying DE should intentionally piss off anyone, but since there's apparently no way out, I think the safest option would be that one!

Oh in that case then ok, thats fine..

but come on, Some Founders are Angels, really helpful, kind, and some even want *cough* to be *cough*..(you kown what I mean)

Oh in that case then ok, thats fine..

but come on, Some Founders are Angels, really helpful, kind, and some even want *cough* to be *cough*..(you kown what I mean)

Excalibur Prime to be released to everyone? Yes, luckily there's a few, but not many.

And still, I see no reason why us Founders should be pissed off by an Excalibur Umbra, even by an Excalibur Umbra Prime; but still, it'll happen, no matter what...

Excalibur Prime to be released to everyone? Yes, luckily there's a few, but not many.

And still, I see no reason why us Founders should be pissed off by an Excalibur Umbra, even by an Excalibur Umbra Prime; but still, it'll happen, no matter what...

At least you still got 12k more mastery ^^

Yup..

But people are already peed, due to what DE are pulling

Yup..

But people are already peed, due to what DE are pulling

Honestly, the only ones to be rightfully peed should be Chinese "founders"; first of all they paid a lot of money on a program that ended up being not exclusive. 

The weapons were never advertised as exclusive to them, so that's fine, but Excalibur Umbra Prime was not supposed to be seen anywhere else ever and guess what? Now we get the exact same frame without the label Prime.

Does it sound right? I mean, what those global angry founders would say if Excalibur Prime was to be released again, just labeled as "Clem Excalibur"??

Second, Excalibur Umbra Prime was released in China without any info, any lore, any.............anything. It would have been cool in 2013 when Warframe had no lore and no story at all, or barely, but now DE made a great work creating and expanding the world around a 3rd person shooter, so everything is released with a reason, especially important contents, as Umbra stuff should be.

I imagine it like:

Changyou: Hey guys, we're releasing Excalibur Umbra Prime, how cool is that?? Look at how it shines, feel the power, the darkness!!!

Random Chinese WF player: Woah! That's cool indeed!!! Awesome!! What is that exactly???

Changyou: It's Excalibur Umbra Prime!!!!!

Random Chinese WF player: Yea, sure, but I mean, what does it mean??

Changyou: .............it's Umbra Prime!!

Random Chinese WF player: Uh........got that.........but..........what's the deal with it?

Changyou: ......................................it shines!!!!!!!!!!

Really, we're not the ones who should be p***ed off. 

Honestly, the only ones to be rightfully peed should be Chinese "founders"; first of all they paid a lot of money on a program that ended up being not exclusive.

The weapons were never advertised as exclusive to them, so that's fine, but Excalibur Umbra Prime was not supposed to be seen anywhere else ever and guess what? Now we get the exact same frame without the label Prime.

Does it sound right? I mean, what those global angry founders would say if Excalibur Prime was to be released again, just labeled as "Clem Excalibur"??

Really, we're not the ones who should be p***ed off.

We have every right to be pissed off. Firstly, what about all of the players on the much larger global build who never got a chance to grab Excalibur Prime. This was always especially unfair to console players as WF wasn't out on console while the Founders package was active. Chinaframe is a spin off version of WF for Chinese players. It's player count is smaller than the global build. So on one hand you have the global build, with an incredibly large playerbase, who never got the chance at a different variant of Excalibur, and on the other you have the smaller Chinese WF community, who somehow have the right to a Founders package of their very own while the rest of the global build can suck on a salty sausage.

This is all DE's fault for not using their collective common sense. The amount of salt and toxic behaviours that the old EP deal brought up and they thought they could just release another one and make that one exclusive to a bunch of players too? They must have been very naive and believed that the issue had toned down. Unfortunately for them, the community will never forget that WF's poster boy has a variant that is locked off to others. So making another exclusive Excalibur really takes the cake.

There have been so many toxic threads about exclusive cosmetics/warframes consistently popping up the forums for years. Like I said before; Founders items have a real reason to be exclusive because without the income from those original packages, Warframe would never have got to where it is today.. But the so called Chinese Founder package, served literally no purpose, apart from dividing and pissing everybody off even more. The entirety of the forums lit up with "DE WTF IS THIS?" threads. Almost every player in the community collectively lost their minds when EU was found. Plus with DEs shady reaction, it can safely be assumed that the global build was never supposed to know about this deal. Their actions from July onward have given strength to this theory in many ways.

We have more right to be upset than they do, so I'm afraid their complaints fall on deaf ears.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

We have every right to be pissed off. Firstly, what about all of the players on the much larger global build who never got a chance to grab Excalibur Prime. This was always especially unfair to console players as WF wasn't out on console while the Founders package was active. Chinaframe is a spin off version of WF for Chinese players. It's player count is smaller than the global build. So on one hand you have the global build, with an incredibly large playerbase, who never got the chance at a different variant of Excalibur, and on the other you have the smaller Chinese WF community, who somehow have the right to a Founders package of their very own while the rest of the global build can suck on a salty sausage.

This is all DE's fault for not using their collective common sense. The amount of salt and toxic behaviours that the old EP deal brought up and they thought they could just release another one and make that one exclusive to a bunch of players too? They must have been very naive and believed that the issue had toned down. Unfortunately for them, the community will never forget that WF's poster boy has a variant that is locked off to others. So making another exclusive Excalibur really takes the cake.

There have been so many toxic threads about exclusive cosmetics/warframes consistently popping up the forums for years. Like I said before; Founders items have a real reason to be exclusive because without the income from those original packages, Warframe would never have got to where it is today.. But the so called Chinese Founder package, served literally no purpose, apart from dividing and pissing everybody off even more. The entirety of the forums lit up with "DE WTF IS THIS?" threads. Almost every player in the community collectively lost their minds when EU was found. Plus with DEs shady reaction, it can safely be assumed that the global build was never supposed to know about this deal. Their actions from July onward have given strength to this theory in many ways.

We have more right to be upset than they do, so I'm afraid their complaints fall on deaf ears.

We're mixing stuff here; we're talking about Umbra and its way of being introduced into the game.

Regarding Umbra and how the issue has been dealt with, I feel like Chinese founders are the ones treated the worst.

Excalibur Prime is another matter and as said many times I'm highly against its exclusivity, but again, that's another matter.

Excaly this ^

Wait. Hang on. 

People are actually pissed about  not being able to get Excalibur Prime? Like, actually angry. This is a thing which really gets to people, that they didn't get the founder's package and that it remains exclusive. 

That thing I said? Cripes. Y'all are, indeed, absolutely saturated with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

Well I've been digging on different fan website and roughly translating them and found out a few things.

-They call Umbra Excalibur, "Shadow Sword Sanctuary"

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary paternity edge" as a melee

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary spiral flying edge" as a vice weapon

-there is something call the "dark sword" and it being its first exposure. Don't know if its the same one we have or goes by other name in their version.

-Who is "Nick" I keep seeing his name all over the place?

Well I've been digging on different fan website and roughly translating them and found out a few things.

-They call Umbra Excalibur, "Shadow Sword Sanctuary"

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary paternity edge" as a melee

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary spiral flying edge" as a vice weapon

-there is something call the "dark sword" and it being its first exposure. Don't know if its the same one we have or goes by other name in their version.

-Who is "Nick" I keep seeing his name all over the place?

yes i roughly got similar results on shadow sword on numerous china forums 

these powers may be reflective of stalker or attribute to the concept of Dark Matter