The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I'm on your side Legion xD

I was saying to Deshiel that a hater has no reason to hate and just does because, hater's gonna hate. But we have a very good reason to complain, as I explained to him in those messages. You weren't hating on DE, you were voicing what we're all thinking; DE are stretching this out to a ridiculous degree.

Also what does #rekt mean?

Good Im glad your on my side, and yes you are right!

Also about Rekt, its a slang, for saying you got "Wrecked"

Mind changing that "all" to "some of us"?

All is incorrect if there is a single counter example, and there are some who have more patience than a 4 year old and use tin foil for covering food.

Do you ever say anything useful? Stop trying to derail the topic.

Good Im glad your on my side, and yes you are right!

Also about Rekt, its a slang, for saying you got "Wrecked"

I see.

Mind changing that "all" to "some of us"?

All is incorrect if there is a single counter example, and there are some who have more patience than a 4 year old and use tin foil for covering food.

I'm kind of with KinetosImpetus on this one.

Yeah, people are interested in Umbra....but rioting and ranting and coming up with conspiracy theories because DE are being slow to release him is not rational behaviour.

We get it, you aren't excited for Excalibur Umbra now please move on.

Us meanwhile who are excited for Umbra feel that we deserve at least an update about what's truly going on. I'm not telling DE to release him tomorrow for goodness sake just an update that's better than "We're still thinking of a way to implement a reskin that's been fully functional since about 7 months ago"

Us meanwhile who are excited for Umbra feel that we deserve at least an update about what's truly going on. I'm not telling DE to release him tomorrow for goodness sake just an update that's better than "We're still thinking of a way to implement a reskin that's been fully functional since about 7 months ago"

Seconded. +1

DE saying they still haven't got a system outlined for Umbra seven months after he was completed? 

4wg6aPJ.png

I'm kind of with KinetosImpetus on this one.

Yeah, people are interested in Umbra....but rioting and ranting and coming up with conspiracy theories because DE are being slow to release him is not rational behaviour.

You can't always wait for things to suddenly jump into your arms, sometimes you have to fight for what you want.

PS: I'm not getting impatient, i don't need another excal ^^

At least you get that people can exist who aren't rabid about Umbra. I am not disinterested though, I joined the thread before all the garbage and merging when it was simply a collection of what we know. I am interested in seeing the lore they come up with, and I am interested in seeing what gear get's Umbra'd and how it looks.

This thread has turned into a negative hype thread, a hate thread. Instead of irrational optimism feeding on itself working itself into a happy frenzy, it's feeding off pessimism and generating pointless rage. All it should be is the place where information is gathered.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

I see we're bringing out the macros again. 

For the record, I'm much more interested in Umbra 'frames as genuine Warframe variants than simply skins. Skins are just cosmetic and tell us nothing. Real Warframe variants, possibly with quests to acquire them, bring lore to the game.

Seconded. +1

DE saying they still haven't got a system outlined for Umbra seven months after he was completed? 

4wg6aPJ.png

and what would you do about it if they were "up to funny business"?

Some of you are making it seem like a crime for DE to decide to make it special. The system could mean what it's special passive might be(like prime frames get energy from Orokin orbs), method of acquisition, and etc. I'm sure they are tossing around plenty ideas but not everyone sees eye-to-eye, so it is probably taking longer than it should. They don't want to just release a prime reskin. 

Some of you are making it seem like a crime for DE to decide to make it special. The system could mean what it's special passive might be(like prime frames get energy from Orokin orbs), method of acquisition, and etc. I'm sure they are tossing around plenty ideas but not everyone sees eye-to-eye, so it is probably taking longer than it should. They don't want to just release a prime reskin. 

Let's not kid ourselves though. My expectations are actually rock bottom in this. I'm 90% sure Umbras will just be reskins like primes. If they make Umbras too different from the base frame they might as well make a whole new frame altogether.

Edited by Loki

Be honest here guys. If DE came out and said "Ok, we're sick of the ranting. Tomorrow, you can all have Excalibur Umbra as a skin for fifty Platinum. It gives Excalibur +20 base armour, and changes the visuals of his abilities to look more shadowy, a bit like Nekros," would you actually be happy? 

Do people want just to have "Umbra" in the top right of their HUD, and a different appearance for Excalibur, or would people prefer a variant Warframe which you have to do a challenging quest to get?

Let's not kid ourselves though. My expectations are actually rock bottom in this. I'm 90% sure Umbras will just be reskins like primes. If they make Umbras too different from the base frame they might as well make a whole new frame altogether.

The only ones kidding themselves are the people making conspiracy theories and complaining. I'm expecting an Excalibur variant with a minor passive to mirror what primes have, a mission/way to obtain, and lore - that is all. Not sure how you came up with the idea of umbras being different enough to warrant a new frame other than a variant.

Be honest here guys. If DE came out and said "Ok, we're sick of the ranting. Tomorrow, you can all have Excalibur Umbra as a skin for fifty Platinum. It gives Excalibur +20 base armour, and changes the visuals of his abilities to look more shadowy, a bit like Nekros," would you actually be happy?

Do people want just to have "Umbra" in the top right of their HUD, and a different appearance for Excalibur, or would people prefer a variant Warframe which you have to do a challenging quest to get?

The first option. Also, keep your little "I see we're bringing out the macros" patronisation to yourself thanks. Its not a crime.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I think its just the wait that are getting to people. Starting to come up with wild theories about Excalibur Umbra being the ultimate damage/CC frame. Here's hoping we see info soon.

Only one more week to go until Devstream 67. If we still don't see any info by that time......then this is going to blow up bad.

Uhm, considering that during the last Prime Time, as you said, Rebecca basically said they're still on the "let's try to figure out what to do, then we'll start to do it", I woulnd't honestly count on that.

We are also basing our ETA on a tweet that Steve was literally forced to write, with the previous one being "dunno, no ETA", so I really fear that if we give too much importance to the "2 months" tweet, nothing good will happen if there are further delays.

I don't know honestly, I understand all of your points and I'm sorry to see that many of us are really running out of patience, but unfortunately there's not much we can do. 

.Eh a new quest whuold be nice, but if DE came out and did give us Excal Umbra, this will be solved

Its THAT simple

Some of us, are not mad at DE "making it special" as you say. Rather we're more irritated at the fact that we are being kept totally out of the loop. You are correct; it certainly is not a crime to put time and effort into a product. But keeping the customers in the dark about your plans gets a little annoying over time.

If DE just simply came forward and told everybody what is happening and what they are planning, we'd be more inclined to not go off the deep end.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

The only ones kidding themselves are the people making conspiracy theories and complaining. I'm expecting an Excalibur variant with a minor passive to mirror what primes have, a mission/way to obtain, and lore - that is all. Not sure how you came up with the idea of umbras being different enough to warrant a new frame other than a variant.

If that's the only thing you were expecting then aside from the "mission/way to obtain" Excalibur Umbra is practically done 7 months ago. The minor passive could be thought of in a single brainstorming session. Heck I've already seen plenty of awesome ideas from threads and youtube videos regarding Umbra in the internet.

So with all of that behind us I've got to ask what exactly is taking them so long and why are they dodging Umbra questions like a professional boxer dodges punches. If they really are brainstorming they could've easily given us concepts of what they've been able to think of in the last dev stream. A lot of people asked for info about Umbra in that. Instead we got nothing out of them.

Uhm, considering that during the last Prime Time, as you said, Rebecca basically said they're still on the "let's try to figure out what to do, then we'll start to do it", I woulnd't honestly count on that.

We are also basing our ETA on a tweet that Steve was literally forced to write, with the previous one being "dunno, no ETA", so I really fear that if we give too much importance to the "2 months" tweet, nothing good will happen if there are further delays.

I don't know honestly, I understand all of your points and I'm sorry to see that many of us are really running out of patience, but unfortunately there's not much we can do. 

No, there is alot we can do, keep doing this topic as it is, Steve was NOT forced to do anything, and if there is more delays, more people will be angry, its that simple

Do you remaber, when people got  upset over Chromoa's helmet? well this is the same thing, just another context, but alot worse , and it will get worse until we HAVE Umbra  

Several replies of "Yeah, I'd prefer to just get Umbra as a skin now!" Ok.

Thing is....if Umbra is just a skin, with no lore and no associated quest, then why so hype in the first place?

well this is the same thing, just another context, but alot worse , and it will get worse until we HAVE Umbra  

"The S#&$storm will continue, and will only get worse until we get what we want."

Mang.....and what if DE reply by saying "Sorry kid. We don't negotiate with terrorists," and kick you off the forums until folks chill out? 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Some of us, are not mad at DE "making it special" as you say. Rather we're more irritated at the fact that we are being kept totally out of the loop. You are correct; it certainly is not a crime to put time and effort into a product. But keeping the customers in the dark about your plans gets a little annoying over time.

Well, I really can't see how it will be a "Crime", tho it is very bad for business to leave their customers in the dark and in result ends up said business running out of customers, thus followed by no money, then thus followed by Shut-Down.

Tho I am really unsure, if there is a legal Crime anywhere, tho I don't think anyone whuold be silly enough to search for it