The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I'm of the mind that the Primes are akin to the "Royal Guard" or the public appearance of Warframes, the normal frames are akin to traditional soldiers, and the Umbra will be something akin to death squads working under the Orokin, who carry out the very dirty work which would have been extremely questionable even by the Orokin public.

I'm of the mind that the Primes are akin to the "Royal Guard" or the public appearance of Warframes, the normal frames are akin to traditional soldiers, and the Umbra will be something akin to death squads working under the Orokin, who carry out the very dirty work which would have been extremely questionable even by the Orokin public.

Umbra sounds dark....The door...I know where it is.

I think Umbra should be for any frame that came into existence after the Orokin era. And to keep from it getting redundant, other than Excalibur, Umbra should be reserved for frames that won't get a prime, so either Prime, or Umbra. Of course Umbras would retain all the physical aesthetics of a prime, but it would refer to those designed closer to the modern era. Modern primes essentially, not original, but for the sake of making better modern era warframes. Excalibur Umbra could be Stalker Prime, being that he's based on a much more modern Excalibur, and a heavily alternated one at that (Stalker is a frame) and all the other Umbras would be the ones later on in release.

In an effort to piss myself off even further, I went rummaging through slow loading Chinese websites in order to provide this thread with more images of Umbra.

Have fun with these, because I know I'm not.

RQKowFZfpXsAAAAAAASgrVko-ws23.jpg

RAKowFZv-QMAAAAAAAPkLxUCX2E05.jpg

RQKowFYpgpEAAAAAAAE14W-yY7g31.jpg

RQKowFZSXP0AAAAAAAR9pC0hOUE47.png

RQKowFYnJ6YAAAAAAAcZ9kt3LJQ79.jpg

RQKowFZF_jYAAAAAAAIZm0SPqHA03.jpg

RQKowFYmT8AAAAAAAALIKTKbN5492.jpg

RAKowFZlQ68AAAAAAAIj0GzhGTA15.jpg

RQKowFYu_JIAAAAAAAKI8RmzgXY33.jpg

RQKowFZIAi4AAAAAAARV9jp8wms53.jpgRQKowFYp_l0AAAAAAAGaiVZ48Jw58.jpg

All images are broken for me :/ 

So here is my thought. what if the umbras were made by the tenno to be used as an weapon to get rid of orokin after they won the war you know a distraction that could be blamed for the murder and not us but someone found out we made them. so then sentients found these umbras stashed somewhere and learned how to controll them and now use them as "hitmans" against us c_c

anyways 100% speculation and i bet i am not right either xD

aw come on, his/her red and black color aren't that bad. but, i respect your opinion tho. 

It's not about how good the colors are on him, it's just that I think Prime colors have a meaning so I feel like I really should keep the default scheme; unless there's a premium skin. On my Excalibur Prime I'm using the Prisma skin just because of PBR though, otherwise I'd keep it standard.

And it'll be same with Umbra!

In an effort to piss myself off even further, I went rummaging through slow loading Chinese websites in order to provide this thread with more images of Umbra.

Have fun with these, because I know I'm not.

RQKowFZfpXsAAAAAAASgrVko-ws23.jpg

RAKowFZv-QMAAAAAAAPkLxUCX2E05.jpg

RQKowFYpgpEAAAAAAAE14W-yY7g31.jpg

RQKowFZSXP0AAAAAAAR9pC0hOUE47.png

RQKowFYnJ6YAAAAAAAcZ9kt3LJQ79.jpg

RQKowFZF_jYAAAAAAAIZm0SPqHA03.jpg

RQKowFYmT8AAAAAAAALIKTKbN5492.jpg

RAKowFZlQ68AAAAAAAIj0GzhGTA15.jpg

RQKowFYu_JIAAAAAAAKI8RmzgXY33.jpg

RQKowFZIAi4AAAAAAARV9jp8wms53.jpgRQKowFYp_l0AAAAAAAGaiVZ48Jw58.jpg

OMG brother! this looks amazing!! :D Give a link if you find more or some new gameplay for Umbra....please and tnx :D

It's not about how good the colors are on him, it's just that I think Prime colors have a meaning so I feel like I really should keep the default scheme; unless there's a premium skin. On my Excalibur Prime I'm using the Prisma skin just because of PBR though, otherwise I'd keep it standard.

And it'll be same with Umbra!

yeah, i understand where you coming from. every man to his taste. For me, just color it into something that you will enjoy, no matter it's default scheme or custom. just be creative with it.

but still, i love that black and red color and i wish i can trade my edo p for that targis T_T

Edited by (PS4)blank_in_black

I think Umbra should be for any frame that came into existence after the Orokin era. And to keep from it getting redundant, other than Excalibur, Umbra should be reserved for frames that won't get a prime, so either Prime, or Umbra. Of course Umbras would retain all the physical aesthetics of a prime, but it would refer to those designed closer to the modern era. Modern primes essentially, not original, but for the sake of making better modern era warframes. Excalibur Umbra could be Stalker Prime, being that he's based on a much more modern Excalibur, and a heavily alternated one at that (Stalker is a frame) and all the other Umbras would be the ones later on in release.

all frames are going to get a prime Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

Is it just me or is Excalibur Umbra waaaay beefier than Excalibur? Physically bigger through the arms, chest, shoulders, and thighs?

Also I do hope that after all this kerfuffle that Umbra actually has interesting lore and a quest attached to it. It would be a let down if it was just "Here's Umbra. It's a skin and is absolutely meaningless."

If Umbra is just a cosmetic, well, cosmetics have no real import. They might as well release a skin for Excalibur which makes him into the prettiest ballerina, with Tutu Prime, and I would feel no differently. In fact, I would probably like that more, as it would be good for chuckles.

all frames are going to get a prime

Pretty much, we tend to forget every frame has a Prime version since that was the original during the Orokin era, the one built around the Tenno who came back from the Void.

So every non-prime version is just a copy based on the Prime, or a Tenno made resembling that.

Pretty much, we tend to forget every frame has a Prime version since that was the original during the Orokin era, the one built around the Tenno who came back from the Void.

So every non-prime version is just a copy based on the Prime, or a Tenno made resembling that.

Are you sure.....I'm actually starting to think the originals were the photos and then came the standard and the orokin perfected the standard to make the prime.

Are you sure.....I'm actually starting to think the originals were the photos and then came the standard and the orokin perfected the standard to make the prime.

Nope. Lore wise the Primes were the original pieces of technology that the Orokin built for the first Tenno who came back from the Zariman. The current technology we use is derived from Anceint Orokin technology.

R98hmRW.png