The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

There's a devstream this week. If there's anything new, I'm sure we will know then. 

All info on the frame/s is pure speculation at this point.

I'm hoping they actually take their time and begin the role out when they have a cohesive line of lore to go with them. It would be a travesty to release them too fast and to have their introduction contradicted at some point. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

in all hopes i hope we see some orokin experimental site or laboratory were the primes came from 

You know what I think would be completely awesome?

Doing a quest which involves hitting some of those ancient labs and being forced to use one of the prototype Warframes. You know, before Excalibur, before the Primes, before the production models. Some of the earliest Warframe models, the ones which never made it out of the lab, were never deployed into real combat. 

Because they were rubbish. Poorly armoured, unpolished, unoptimised, with shaky Transference synchronisation.

I bet you feel like a real badass when you're using a fully upgraded Rhino Prime with a reactor and two Forma installed. Sure. Now, fight your way out of the labs with your mind projected into Rhino's S#&$ty beta model, the one the lab techs made simply to prove that they could. It doesn't even have Stomp, it can only use one ability at a time, your vision is blurry, you can taste blood in your mouth from the feedback, your real body is trembling from the second-hand battle hormones, and you're struggling with a sense of thousand year old nostalgia.

Slaughtering a battalion of Grineer soldiers in one of those things would be impressive. It would be like winning a sword fight with a rusty spoon. Someone says to you "Hey, don't mess with that guy. He took a teaspoon to a knife fight, and won." Are you going to mess with him?

DE, if you're reading this:

Umbra Excalibur doesn't need any lore. Literally nobody had that idea besides you guys, and no offense, but I sure as hell don't want it. Just release  the thing as a skin ffs :(

the lore is kind of important to many 

as well as the thread post count and view alone say a different story ..... 

Umbra Excalibur doesn't need any lore. Literally nobody had that idea besides you guys, and no offense, but I sure as hell don't want it. Just release  the thing as a skin ffs :(

If you read the thread, you will see many people posting about how interested they are in Excalibur Umbra as an opportunity to really explore the lore of Warframes, what they are, how they were developed, and how they may have been used and abused.

So, no. You are not speaking for everyone, and DE are not alone in wanting Umbra to come with intriguing glimpses into the past of the Origin System.

Honestly if the lore is going to hold him back another month or more I say just release the frame because now the weapons came before Excal Umbra.

There are no Umbra weapons. You may be referring to a couple Prime weapons which have no lore connection to Umbra Warframes.

your life must be boring, IF Gorge R. R. Martin Write a book about it, he just kill your character first...

8 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I hope there's an option for this look.

VQoB0Yc.jpg

Most likely yes, most warframe and weapon variants (prime, vandal, wraith, prisma) can use any skin created for their vanilla version.

Spoiler

PD: new forums, saryn prime released, kavats coming soon, new frame on the way (almost here), another devstream, february ending, and no new info nor ETA for umbra.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Small fixes

9 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

I need that scarf to be either an auxilary item, or I need to be able to equip the Umbra skin in my prime.  Either way works, but needs to happen.

OP states current news.

as such its currently on chinas umbra as a permanent cosmetic and umbra excal is not a skin 

7 hours ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Hello everyone. Have we got anything new on Umbra or do we have sculch as usual?

DE has not yet released any news on umbra in the last two dev streams

depressing...

but they did say they would release info when they were close to releasing him 

15 minutes ago, (XB1) EternalDrk Mako said:

DE has not yet released any news on umbra in the last two dev streams

depressing...

but they did say they would release info when they were close to releasing him 

According to Steve's tweet back in late December he is due in the next few weeks. I'm not keeping any fingers crossed, seeing as how nothing has been discussed.

24 minutes ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

According to Steve's tweet back in late December he is due in the next few weeks. I'm not keeping any fingers crossed, seeing as how nothing has been discussed.

Yea i hope for Umba in update 18.5