Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

farming neurodes too hard

sollitdude

Question

i did 25 waves on coba earth, and not a single neurode has been granted. im lucky if i get 1 a day. anyone know an efficient way for a NEWBIE to farm neurodes?

remember, it doesnt help me if you say to get warframe this, mod that, i got 600 neurodes and so forth, get a pet with higher rare ability or whatever, i dont have all that. i need tips that will help me get neurodes faster asap.

21 answers to this question

Migrate to Eris - it has better drop rate from my experience, and provides good credits/XP reward in the meantime. And sorry, but get Nekros. He is invaluable when you need to farm resources.

Short answer - progress through starchart. And farm dark sectors - they have increased drop rate.

Edited by Serafim_94

7 minutes ago, sollitdude said:

i did 25 waves on coba earth, and not a single neurode has been granted. im lucky if i get 1 a day. anyone know an efficient way for a NEWBIE to farm neurodes?

remember, it doesnt help me if you say to get warframe this, mod that, i got 600 neurodes and so forth, get a pet with higher rare ability or whatever, i dont have all that. i need tips that will help me get neurodes faster asap.

If you need few neurodes to craft immediately - try breaking kubrow dens. Otherwise wait a bit and complete The Second Dream quest. It will open *not gonna spoil* that has a huge chance to drop neurodes so you'll be able to farm them for whatever amount you want

step one get yourself a carrier sentinel if you have to beg, steal borrow or toss salad.

step two run any earth mission where kills will be clustered in predictable areas, like the dark sector defense against infested, and if your team is running outside the ring structure surrounding the defense target to kill of to the side early on, leave and find another group at it.

step three. each wave run in a circle with your carrier around the little circular enclosure.

neurode rate will still be bad, but you will stop missing the one to four  on average per 20 minutes  of running you would without carrier, and not have to do gymastics to find the drops so out of range its not funy because derps do not understand how affinity gains work either and run off alone because" my kills bruh".

side benefit, leveling weapons etc.

secondary strategy with lower returns.

build extractor. complete all nodes on earth.

deploy extractor to earth every 8 hours. collect rng reward out of the four options each time.

tertiary strategy. eventually unlock enough of starchart to get second dream, complete quest and access lua(luna/the moon) complete all quests and deploy extractor there every 8 hours for rng chance at more neurodes as well.

quaterniary strategy, do the same for eris.

septigesimal strategy. buy the neurode blueprint for 100 plat, and farm the crap out of the two mats needed to craft one neurode each 24 hours instead.

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Gotta love those responses telling a newbie to just quickly make their way to Eris / The Second Dream ... hah, people are awesome :D

It's not like something is stopping him. If you are lazy to go on foot - taxi FTW.

15 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

septigesimal strategy. buy the neurode blueprint for 100 plat, and farm the crap out of the two mats needed to craft one neurode each 24 hours instead.

i wouldn't recommend that.

i had a healthy pile of both materials, but still not enough to build 15, so buying neurodes directly is a better option (still a no-go for a newbie imo)

Also, i can't explain how disgraced i've felt when i was farming salvage to build a random mastery fodder weapon (i had more oxium than salvage at that time...)

Sadly, earth is the best option for new-ish players. I usually do a LoR raid (G3 drops at least one neurode each time) or (second dream spoiler alert, lol)

Spoiler

kick some sentient arses on the moon

9 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

i wouldn't recommend that.

i had a healthy pile of both materials, but still not enough to build 15, so buying neurodes directly is a better option (still a no-go for a newbie imo)

Also, i can't explain how disgraced i've felt when i was farming salvage to build a random mastery fodder weapon (i had more oxium than salvage at that time...)

Sadly, earth is the best option for new-ish players. I usually do a LoR raid (G3 drops at least one neurode each time) or (second dream spoiler alert, lol)

Hide contents

kick some sentient arses on the moon

almost did it myself, right up until i learned that said raids late in the game have a chance to drop the permanent bp for them along with the bp for orokin cells etc. but those are late game things(the raids).

i did realize however i forgot to add in the seventh tactic. work your way to a loot kavat and then do the earth dark sectors.

i've seen crazy rare planet drops with them from others so thought its worth at least an honorable mention. as for me i can't afford the upkeep on them without hurting myself badly.

Well, for a new player Earth is literally the only place to farm Neurodes. I would just do some Exterminates, learn where most of the lockers and containers may spawn, equip some weapons and frame to rank up, and just play that way for a while.

Also don't buy the blueprint, it's just not worth it. By the time you get enough common resources to craft a rare, you would have at least several units of the rare one.

Shame we can't trade at least rare resources. I would gladly give you some.

I recommend the lowest level excavation on Earth. High enemy spawn rate + there are others playing there most of the time which is good.

I would advise you not to focus too much on crafting many things, make one new warframe, craft one decent melee weapon and 1 decent primary weapon and then do all the main storyline quests. After that do what you like.

3 hours ago, RunningTree3 said:

Build and deploy Distilling Extractors on Earth. I have found that when it hits rares like neurodes, they typically extract 4-8 in one go.

This.

Until you get one built, run excavations on Earth. They drop enough to build up a stash the distiller(s) can maintain. Also, you'll need the Lith relics for farming up void traces.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lacifarus1188 said:

I farm Plato on Earth. A ton of neurodes and the occasional Vengeful Rev.

Ignoring the fact that TC is on PC where Plato isn't on Earth anymore,
accessing that node requires having finished The Second Dream.

TC is a self-proclaimed newbie, he's ever so slightly a tiny bit off from that (or farming Sentients, for that matter).

People. Please.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Ignoring the fact that TC is on PC where Plato isn't on Earth anymore,
accessing that node requires having finished The Second Dream.

TC is a self-proclaimed newbie, he's ever so slightly a tiny bit off from that (or farming Sentients, for that matter).

People. Please.

You are just the cutest thing.

8 hours ago, sollitdude said:

I have had my best luck farming Neurodes on "Tikal" Earth. Bring a Nekros and have him nonstop desecrate. I usually stay to about 1k cryotic... and can wind up with about 4 or 5 neurodes on a good day. Also i just recently found out that Sentients/Oculists on moon missions drop Neurodes, and at a pretty good rate too. SO if all else fails, and you can hold your on with them, or can find a team that can... just farm those dudes for neurodes. I normally get atleast 1 neurode per moon mission i run.... And with them being hard af to find...i'll take what i can get. 

Edited by (PS4)meganmassackre
typo