The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros desecrate nerf

_planforwar_

2 minutes ago, TheEternalJester said:

Nekros was playable previous to the patch.

Desecrate nek wasn't.  Nobody wants to stand there and press 3 constantly.  Yeah his 2 and 4 were fine before, and still are, but now you have a complete frame that can do all of his abilities with the same build.

2 hours ago, Crawd127 said:

From my own experience, I feel like desecrate was buffed. Of course the Health drop rate has been dropped but the fact that it's a toggle ability now, I have to say that it's active all the time for me. Paired it with Equilibrium (Which I definitely need a non-damaged one...) and Health Conversion, Nekros is now a tough frame to down now. By using Despoil, I keep my energy for Shadows.

Maybe yes, desecrete is nerfed a little because of the desecrate rate, but otherwise, I feel like Nekros has a gameplay more than spamming "Desecrete" every 2-3 seconds.

The only complain I have is the Health decay on the Shadows...

Ok you do know equilibrium doesn't work with health conversion...right? And with despoil you have three slots taken...don't know how your build works that good.

Edited by RoninJed

8 hours ago, _planforwar_ said:

Has anyone noticed desecrate has now become next to useless for Nekros.

Also despoil doesn't actually work (although costs nothing) and shield of shadows functions very differently.

I can't seem to find anything in release notes about it? Has anyone seen anything about this?

Health orb drops were reduced, but this has been coming for a long time, since the rate was stupidly high and left most Nekros player swimming in a sea of unused rosy balls.

Testers on the forums have seen about a 6-7% loot drop decrease too, but before the update I never met a player who even remotely liked playing old Desecrate Nekros, standing in a corner hitting 3 composing all of their mission's activities. While loot drops may have slightly decreased, now a Nekros can functionally play the mission and have a good time doing it, while still also farming. As far as Desecrate is concerned, Nekros just received a big dose of QoL and love.

8 hours ago, _planforwar_ said:

Has anyone noticed desecrate has now become next to useless for Nekros.

Also despoil doesn't actually work (although costs nothing) and shield of shadows functions very differently.

I can't seem to find anything in release notes about it? Has anyone seen anything about this?

Works fine for me. And all the Changes are mentioned in U2.1.

13 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Health orb drops were reduced, but this has been coming for a long time, since the rate was stupidly high and left most Nekros player swimming in a sea of unused rosy balls.

Testers on the forums have seen about a 6-7% loot drop decrease too, but before the update I never met a player who even remotely liked playing old Desecrate Nekros, standing in a corner hitting 3 composing all of their mission's activities. While loot drops may have slightly decreased, now a Nekros can functionally play the mission and have a good time doing it, while still also farming. As far as Desecrate is concerned, Nekros just received a big dose of QoL and love.

From what ive read, it desecrates the body once. If you get something good for you but if not, tough.

Old Desecrate let you desecrate a body multiple times. 

Im still in testing mode

it was nerfed in terms of loot (as i noticed for now):

1) now it desecrates corpse just 1 time (you could desecrate mutiple times before)

2) bye-bye health carpet (it's ok really)

3) and the most dissapointing thing: it desecrates bodies 1! at a time, in a random order with a little delay (you desecrated ALL copses in a time before)

so a lot of bodies just dissapears before it's "turn" to being desecrated comes.

Edited by jscar

43 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

From what ive read, it desecrates the body once. If you get something good for you but if not, tough.

Old Desecrate let you desecrate a body multiple times. 

Im still in testing mode

IF you cut it up nicely, which is still true to the new one..

Also, old desecrate, you sometimes had to cast multiple times to desecrate a single body.

Desecrate seems quite buffed to me, even just because I can finally roam around and do other stuff than standing in place and pressing a button the whole fu*CLEM*ing time. 

What bothers me is SotD, which currently seems pretty useless and quite nerfed if you don't build for that power only. 

27 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

and this new you you dont need to spam 3 because that one body just wont go away.

1 hour ago, jscar said:

3) and the most dissapointing thing: it desecrates bodies 1! at a time, in a random order with a little delay (you desecrated ALL copses in a time before)

so a lot of bodies just dissapears before it's "turn" to being desecrated comes.

29 minutes ago, jscar said:

My point still stands: you dont need to spam 3 to desecrate a single body if its the only 1 left, using 35 energy/hp per cast to get rid of 1 body.

I've tested in the Simulacrum and honestly? It does desecrate one at a time... however, when I was surrounded by body parts, it was one after the other in less than a second in between each body part vanishing. As much as I would like for more than 1 to be desecrated at once, I have to think about its current mechanics: if it was all at once, the energy/health would plummet, imagine losing something like 100 energy or 100 health in a blink; in the current state, I have time to find energy/health because its going down bit by bit instead of all at once.

As it currently is, I see that Desecrate was improved in terms of "letting the player do other things while the power is on", but the loot acquisition took a hit, albeit a small one.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

And there goes my @(*()$ build de ..

health orbs were a keystone . Nice for you to mess up another one of my frames keep it up . Now you just have nezha & Chroma to dismantle 

If you need health orbs use desecrate I have 0 issues getting plenty of them.

3 hours ago, TheEternalJester said:

Nekros was playable previous to the patch.

For those who submitted to 33333333333333333333.....rest of non mindless drones nekros wasn't unless you liked people cussing you out.

Just now, evilfluffy said:

For those who submitted to 33333333333333333333.....rest of non mindless drones nekros wasn't unless you liked people cussing you out.

Uh, no, not really. Before this nerf I was enjoying three separate non-desecrate builds that all worked nicely into the Sorties, two builds which put me at a higher damage percentage, kill count, and lowest damage percentage of my team three missions in a row, across eight different sorties.

1 minute ago, TheEternalJester said:

Uh, no, not really. Before this nerf I was enjoying three separate non-desecrate builds that all worked nicely into the Sorties, two builds which put me at a higher damage percentage, kill count, and lowest damage percentage of my team three missions in a row, across eight different sorties.

Surprised you weren't cussed out for not spamming 3 I know I was even if in the end I had more kills than our "nuke frames"

On 12/8/2016 at 9:11 AM, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

Going to miss the red carpet, but it'll be a fair trade to not have to play undead dj in a corner just to get the drops. Just a little bummed I'm going to have to wait until the update after the one currently in cert to get it. 

Lmao, you made my day.

On 8/12/2016 at 3:11 PM, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

Going to miss the red carpet, but it'll be a fair trade to not have to play undead dj in a corner just to get the drops. Just a little bummed I'm going to have to wait until the update after the one currently in cert to get it. 

"Undead DJ"

Great! Now I kinda want the old desecrate for 1 mission while using that perspective.

On 8/12/2016 at 9:40 AM, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Being back the garunteed health orbs !!! Or at least make it 90% chance or something ! What am I suppose to do with equilibrium, despoil , health conversion , arcanes ect. Messed up all that work 

it's called 'efficacy'. at 75% Nekros passive will cover the cost of despoil.