Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old end game should be reimplemented

kswong98

1 hour ago, kswong98 said:

The introduction of this new system almost destroyed the thing we know as "end game". Void Survival or Defence or Interception

The title would be more descriptive to say something about endless missions. I agree as well, they need to do something to give us a reason to stay in those again.  Current title makes it sound like a very generalized "the whole game" is not longer 'friendly' which isn't the case.  Just some aspects that were changed.

1 hour ago, mob9221 said:

I'm with you too but im pretty sure DE somewhere stated that they have a plan for the void .

Yes I'm fairly confident @[DE]Steve mentioned something about changing endless missions to be more productive with the fissure system.

9 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

My clan consists mostly of veteran players, even some MR 22 among them.

Since SotR, my clan is dead. There is nobody - maybe one other member late at night because he works in shifts.

I fear everytime I log in, that my clan has just been disbanded.

Recruitment channel - nearly dead most of the time.

Without endless void to grind sweet prime loot, I myself only just log in, play maybe 1-2 missions and that's it - there is nothing more.

K. If you can't accept it, you are free to take up any suggestion below or think of yourself.

a)buy over DE and revert the changes
b)move on
c)create a private server and play over there.

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The title would be more descriptive to say something about endless missions. I agree as well, they need to do something to give us a reason to stay in those again.  Current title makes it sound like a very generalized "the whole game" is not longer 'friendly' which isn't the case.  Just some aspects that were changed.

Yes I'm fairly confident @[DE]Steve mentioned something about changing endless missions to be more productive with the fissure system.

take note that mentioned=/= promised. Don't keep your hope up and blame DE for not doing what you hoped for them to do.

1 hour ago, kswong98 said:

Truth to be told, ever since the Second Dream, everything in this game changed, in a bad way. Cinematic quest was awesome, but the story wasn't.

Operator system was ok, since the frames can be revived. 

Frame? Aren't they supposed to be some armor covering the operator?

Well let's get into the topic, regarding the recent update, Specters of the Rail.

It brought about a huge change to the game (again, in my opinion, a bad way).

It changed the Void, something we used to know as the "Prime Parts Farming sector". The idea of letting us to choose the reward we want is totally superb.

But did DE forgot something? The introduction of this new system almost destroyed the thing we know as "end game". Void Survival or Defence or Interception was one of the main reason we play the game for hours (admit it you peasants). It was fun, challenging and we did it mainly for the rewards (not always promising though), the main reason we grind Survival and Defence or Interception for hours and waves was mainly moved by the Prime rewards.

Now, no more? No more rewards that worth our time grinding Survival, Defence or Interception missions?

DE, please return that feature to us. Some Tennos may not agree with me, but I believe, Aang can save the world.

Lol no, I believe that a lot of veterans out there would be in consensus with me.

I have to agree,running low level missions with warframes/weapons you have levelled/forma ed etc isn't exactly fun,even unranked weapons or warframes are too over powered due to higher level mastery rank.But in my opinion the worst thing of all is the after running a fissure mission you get one reward,good if it's what you want,but terrible for ducat farming.I'be played the game for around 2 yrs and I can honestly say it's the first time I felt underwhelmed and disappointed with an update.

1 minute ago, Nijyumensou said:

take note that mentioned=/= promised. Don't keep your hope up and blame DE for not doing what you hoped for them to do.

Oh, I know it being mentioned a couple times doesn't mean a guarantee, I just was confirming I heard it mentioned.  Not sure what you mean by the blame comment as I never said anything of the sort.

I said I was confident it was mentioned, which means I have a fair recollection of it happening, not that my confidence has anything to do with it actually happening.  I believe you read far too much meaning in my choice of wording there.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Oh, I know it being mentioned a couple times doesn't mean a guarantee, I just was confirming I heard it mentioned.  Not sure what you mean by the blame comment as I never said anything of the sort.

I said I was confident it was mentioned, which means I have a fair recollection of it happening, not that my confidence has anything to do with it actually happening.  I believe you read far too much meaning in my choice of wording there.

remember the doom thread about "everything is up for grab" ?
Alot of time, whatever someone mention about DE "talk about it" ,they did not think how much it affect the reader's hope on it(esp when those reader want that something so bad).

I liked the change to the void. It made the main map solar system more lively. I think it's better to have players spread out instead of congregating in a few select areas. It makes the game more alive imo. Also Void didn't have pug matching, which was pretty bad in my eyes. Now you can still solo, or friends only group, or pug relics. More options will give more players, and their play styles a chance.

Being able to choose 1 out of 4 prime drops is a very good change. It takes away some of the RNG and allowed forma to be less pay to win. Forma was way too rare for new players, and it is more critical for new players to progress. 

The new solar system map has much better flow and visually more appealing. Although it does need to convey more information and not have alerts throw you into missions with out confirmations.

OP just doesn't want to change how he played even though he could still have endless missions in many areas of the map.

8 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

there never was any proper endgame* and the removal of incentives to go hours into endless missions (further) exposed that fact. good!

now for step 2...

(*spamming single buttons in a sewer for hours was neither fun and least of all challenging...)

Lol sewer camping is so not challenging

That is so old

6 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

I liked the change to the void. It made the main map solar system more lively. I think it's better to have players spread out instead of congregating in a few select areas. It makes the game more alive imo. 

I would agree on that, partially, people would just click on the Alert tab and click on void fissure mission, they wouldn't really know where were they going

2 hours ago, kswong98 said:

Truth to be told, ever since the Second Dream, everything in this game changed, in a bad way. Cinematic quest was awesome, but the story wasn't.

Well let's get into the topic, regarding the recent update, Specters of the Rail.

It changed the Void, something we used to know as the "Prime Parts Farming sector". The idea of letting us to choose the reward we want is totally superb.

But did DE forgot something? The introduction of this new system almost destroyed the thing we know as "end game". Void Survival or Defence or Interception was one of the main reason we play the game for hours (admit it you peasants). It was fun, challenging and we did it mainly for the rewards (not always promising though), the main reason we grind Survival and Defence or Interception for hours and waves was mainly moved by the Prime rewards.

Now, no more? No more rewards that worth our time grinding Survival, Defence or Interception missions?

DE, please return that feature to us. Some Tennos may not agree with me, but I believe, Aang can save the world.

Lol no, I believe that a lot of veterans out there would be in consensus with me.

Firstly I'd like to point out the armour they consistently say doesn't have to mean Physical Body, it could protect the Conciousness of the operator. As

Aside from that,  I believe Rebecca has stated they have upcoming plans/changes to make endless missions more rewardable, etc. I believe its more like you'll get multiple rolls and chances at more then one item at the end of the mission based on how many "checkpoint times" have been reached, but don't quote me on that.

1 hour ago, iTrust said:

Dark sectors™

I've been waiting for this for (dare I say) too long now.

Give us proper endgame. Raids aren't endgame and the majority doesn't even play them.

i dont play raids for 2 reasons, 1: i dont have enough friends:) and 2: repeating one/two, crap mission over and over is very boring,,,

3 hours ago, mob9221 said:

IMO, punch through weapons should actually be able to punch through the shield..........

Which would give us legit reasons to use Bows and crossbows... and punch-through mods. As it is, I usually dive through the bubble to kill 'em, and given that every frigging goon tends to swarm a Nullifier when they show up... it's hella riskier than going one-on-one with Shadow Stalker using unleveled gear.

3 hours ago, Xgomme said:

I don't get it, you can still do endless missions in the void ...

But you won't eat that prime carrot at the end, you'll eat relics instead. 

pick one

win lottery ticket(relics)

or

win lottery(parts)

which would you prefer as a reward when rng favors you?

would you feel a loss on risking mission failure by pushing it if you were getting say a few thousand polymer bundles? double digit argon crystals? no? so you push it and grow the pot on low grade junk hoping for a chance at winning the lottery coming around as a way to add some sense of urgency and risk.

now you remove pats from that, and its all the rando crap you can get anywhere. suddenly its not only not a loss to fail really, its who cares land where getting people to even try becomes impractical to nigh on impossible.

noone wants to play high stakes sudden death poker without the stakes, ie for peanuts.

worse while void contains relics, the spread of relics per mission is not even. derelict is generally better for many at present, as are places like heirachon.

to boot, as void now requires path unlocking instead of keys, many high tier missions are walled behind noones running it annoyance missions, and depending on where you were prior to sotr, possibly some get dunked junctions(3 lua principle challenge mods is a fine example). 

the biggest repeating failure of the old way was that it did take so long to ramp up. thing is if you simply start the instances at sortie levels you have raised challenge without raising the pool of not best but still valuable that gives it some stakes worth fighting for while pushing to that next chance and riskier rounds.

in short shorter doesn't build up the pot needed to makes the high stakes game worth it.

now we grasp that it wasn't everyones cup of tea as it were, and thats the beauty of it as it was.

if you hate long runs of it, the reward pool is still that a a b c roll so a simple 20  round is enough and one doesn't lose out.

if you want more and the high stakes scenario gets your blood pumping, you *could*.

changing it removed one OPTION, the latter.

a change in the other direction amping rewards at the low end but bumping difficulty would impact the other option the former, possibly excluding people.

now i don't know about you, but i really prefer situations which enable freedom to approach the thing a few different ways without forcing either. the current change forces one methodology, and thats it. thats additional wall, additional constraint, and the best one can do is hope that what is coming later will repair that loss without breaking something else.

7 hours ago, KoshLovesYou said:

Ah. Okay, so we're not just talking just wanting a challenge here. We want the carrot.

Hmm. What about something like Judgement Prime?

latest?cb=20140619213420

Like a form of corrupted Grineer arena. The ability to turn in points earned via Arena combat to do a Void Fissure run form of Arena mode, complete with challenge mods? Maybe have it have endless drop chances, but at the lowest unrefined tier drop chance only? We've already got Judgement Points as a thing, and Void Key assets that technically don't make sense anymore (Shouldn't Vor be using a relic now?)

That'd allow people who really want it to indulge in the challenge they claim to want, while still having a carrot. If you really want a challenge like this, I'd suggest hitting up the Fan Concepts section of the forum with ideas for the sort of challenges you really want. Couldn't hurt.

I'm impressed with your response. I've gotten shot down by the community for saying endless needs to have a better rewards in the past. Thank you for actually sharing a concept you can see working. 

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of arena, It seems like it'd just be a harder exterminate. I like the endless objectives too much I think. Gives me a lot more to keep track of during the mission other than just kill all the things. DE is talking about relics and drops being more a part of the endless runs, I'd be happy with just that I think. I would definitely use the arenas more if something like this was implemented though.

Thanks again for your response

MR22 here, been playing since PS4 came out. I'm glad to see obnoxious endless missions dead. They were boring and they were broken. Most likely it's fully intentional. Now it's set that max endgame level is 100 and average is 50. Expect frames, weapons and enemies to be balanced around that.

My most hated game modes are defense and interception. Never touch em unless sortie forces me or I really need an alert reward. Survival is better but not much.

My favorite ones are spy, sabotage (all types, generator, mining and ship reactor, hive too), exterminate (although now they broke enemy despawn it's way worse) and deception. Which they removed for no reason. Now finally it's all baked together. You're doing spy, getting the relics and getting a prime in a same mission. 5 minutes and you have your result. Much better than slog through defense.

Overall, strongly disagree. Personally I'd rework defense too. Make it not endless, just 5 minutes of nonstop horde attacking the objective. You protect it, you're done. Instead of slow hunt for 5 enemies who refuse to leave cover at spawn that we have now.

The old endless missions are what keeps me playing this game. Now they are still there but with significantly less rewards. IMO, players should only get cores and relics for their efforts on endless missions. Seeing those credits or ammo mutations is really disheartening after you went 60 mins with a non-cheese frame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.8.2016 at 3:50 PM, kswong98 said:

I fully agree with u. now i can get the wished parts with same grind or little more grinding . but for what? for do i need the new awesome tigris or galatine prime if there is nothing challenging to fight? nothing worth it to holds me up to survive for 40 - 60 minutes. to build my weapons to End...... oh man i loved this word ENDGAME BUILD. now it is regardless. senseless to build for any "Challenge". sorties that was worth it to stay till death!! it was also more team based because if u had a bad tactic u would worse a Void key for low prime drops. it was the RISK to get the most of these keys and therefore to build and Suurround u with best players or good players who can play for. it was more COOP in comparison to this Relic system.

they have to bring the ENDGAME back that is  WORTH to stay for!!

On 17.8.2016 at 3:55 PM, mob9221 said:

IMO, punch through weapons should actually be able to punch through the shield..........

this is my opinion too mate. and every Melee that have enough range can Kill through the Bubble which get the Build Focus for especially nullifiers to range mods !! to be honest the range mods have less worth to build in before. now they had a good place against this super TENNOKILLERS

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk

On 17.8.2016 at 4:05 PM, (PS4)ghinellil said:

You can get a lot of parts for make ducats, not need to do hours of survivals.

it was not only getting parts. with the current system u rush through and go out of the mission. what is better in your opinion. to rush or to survive and handle for more parts as a reward? i am choosing the 2nd. there is NO NEED to build the BEST. the Veterans are going for this because it was holding them to keep up with warframe. without ENDGAME the GAME IS soon OVER!!! it is nothing else like The Division in this CASE !! this u will see if u got all that stuff  u wanted. it was a Unique system. now they made it Casual similar to the DIVISION. they go similar to DESTINY.

On 17.8.2016 at 4:13 PM, Xgomme said:

I don't get it, you can still do endless missions in the void ...

But you won't eat that prime carrot at the end, you'll eat relics instead. 

Where? for relics i can Go everywhere to farm. derelicts or Hieracon. u cant lose a Void key if u fail if u go hieracon to endgame. u can repeat without any loss! t4 Survival keys were rare and will be used Wisely. now go hieracon and make ur stuff and that was the story. What is the Void now? it is nothing mysterious anymore. its a "Planet" with missions. regular stuff like the others.

without Endgame the motivation will be blown away, this is the fact. and everyone who dont aggree dont get it right