Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Power Cells Take Forever to Spawn

(XBOX)CitrusTheNile

Just finished a 1 hour long mission on Earth. Only was able to get 1600 cryotic before I got bored and tired of waiting for the power cell carriers to spawn. Same thing happened last night when I was playing on Pluto. Please increase the spawn rate of the power cell carriers. I am already tired of sitting at each excavator feeling like it takes forever to complete. Anyone else feel like the power cell carriers spawn too slowly? Before Specters of the Rail I could get 1600 cryotic in 30 minutes on Triton. 

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Were you playing Solo or in a group?

I don't think that matters. Solo missions should spawn more than it currently does because it's pretty difficult to sustain the excavators.

8 minutes ago, Madho said:

I don't think that matters. Solo missions should spawn more than it currently does because it's pretty difficult to sustain the excavators.

It shouldn't matter, but maybe it does. As in, a bug. I'm pretty sure she's trying to determine whether or not it's an issue in solo or group play to track down the problem, not say "this is what happens in solo missions, play in a group or get used to it."

37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've had this problem too, but only when playing solo. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it isn't just the power carriers that don't spawn. I get a trickle of enemies spawning basically one at a time, with very long gaps between spawns. Most of the time I'm just looking at an empty tileset.

8 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

it isn't just the power carriers that don't spawn. I get a trickle of enemies spawning basically one at a time, with very long gaps between spawns. Most of the time I'm just looking at an empty tileset.

Omg I've had this happen on so many solo syndicate missions

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I had the same issue the Op is having with a group. ( Not recently was about 3 weeks ago or so ). We were doing a sortie mission and we kept on waiting for the power cell carriers to appear and they never did for quite some time. No idea why after a while they stop spawning completely. We left the area and came back and no power cell carriers at all. We got lucky and were able to finish the mission because they would appear for some excavation drops but not all of them

I was recently playing a solo corpus excavation, on Neptune I think and the power cell spawn rate was atrociously slow and sometimes non-existant.  Having either only one extractor or multiple extractors present didn't help.  Moreover, the extractor spawn location on the tileset was very very bad, often miles and miles apart.  It was probably a bad combination of procedurally generated rooms and spawn points.

But yeah, please please increase the spawn rate of the power cell enemies.

Solo excavation is basically a thing of the past as things are now.  Every single drill past the first one will sit at zero power at least once, usually for several minutes.  This was definitely something that changed with SotR.  Prior to the update, I almost never ran out of power, if I did it was a "oh they must have gotten stuck on terrain in the other tile" moment.  Immediately after the update, solo excavation takes many times longer to complete because the spawns are so light you can go afk for a few minutes every drill without any fear of losing the drill.

This was brought up in several threads during the chaos of hotfixes after SotR hit, maybe the issue got lost but it is certainly an issue.

Every drill:

- Kill a handful. Check surrounding tiles waiiting for spawns. 

- Wait a few minutes.  Yes.. Minutes.

- Kill the new spawns, maybe there was a cell carrier but probably not. 

- Sigh at the no power warning and wait.

- Repeat.

SotR was a very very solo-unfriendly patch. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I'd love to know if any game type has real differences between solo and group play, like the rumours I hear that more O2 drops on Solo in Survivals and such. Is there any possibility to clear that?

(Sorry the off topic)

On-topic: I've found myself also running out of Powercell enemies too a few times, after a bit of a walk I happen to find them stuck in 1 or 2 rooms I've been previously, and since they didn't either despawn because I wasn't far enough and / or were stuck in there due to terrain or CC, the game wouldn't spawn more.

I mostly run Infested Excavation, I find the Ospreys stuck in low ceiling corridors some times, from then on I made sure to make extra kills when moving into the next excavator to refresh spawns.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

@(XB1)CitrusTheNile

Another problem is that enemies gather in a single tile without moving to the next one sometimes.

When I played Excavation last week, I was waiting several minutes for enemies to come until I checked the entire map and found about 20 enemies simply standing around in one tile. They did not even attack when I approached them but they started to move and to fight back when I attacked them.

Excavations are a test of patience.

The one run I could tolerate today had me retorting "Don't tell me that it has run out of power if you're not going to spawn the Power Cells." for each machine at least twice. I almost never leave before 1100, but that was a waste of time.

Been happening to me too. I always leave my settings to Friends-only and play either with friends or alone. The first excavator usually goes fine. Then power cell carriers seem to cut back on the spawn rate drastically. Sometimes all mobs seem to stop spawning for a good long while. This is most noticable when it's just me but sometimes also when there's others in squad. Doesn't matter if it's corpus or infested or whatever, nor if it's Kiliken or Cholistan.

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I was playing solo. Played again on Earth today and didn't seem to have any problems with power cells. Could it possibly be the tile set that is causing the disruption or did you turn the dial up on enemy spawn rates sometime within the last 24 hours?

Edited by (XB1)CitrusTheNile

• 1 month later...

I was thinking various things that could improve excavation missions solo or grouped more challenging or easier...

1. Rather than just the "Power Carrier"s drop cells, all enemies have a chance to drop quarter or half energy cells.
  2. For craziness, can feed excavators energy from Warframe energy pool with a special item equipped or pressing action button on excavator.
  3. Need to equip an energy harvester to your usable items so, either:
  • you need to use the item on deceased enemies in small area to charge it, to use on excavators. 0-100%
  • Item automatically absorbs energy from deceased enemies to feed to the excavators. 0-100%

"Power Carriers" can either still drop power cells at normal or reduced power to be carried to the excavator as normal.

It's time to do away with power cells. It's become yet another wait wall. This time, in mission. Any little thing DE can do to inflate hours played, they do. 

It needs to stop.

Just drop Excavators, and let us defend them. Full stop. Is that too much like Mobile Defense? Well guess what: this utterly nonsensical mission is ALREADY too similar to MD.

Energy cells make zero sense. They're frankly...and this is gonna sound harsh, but... they're frankly stupid. I mean, why should the enemy bring us the ONE item we need to succeed in our mission?

Not to mention: interaction with items - such as picking up power cells - is NOT an area in which Warframe shines. So why not just knock it off, already? Stop stalling and just let us play your game.

• 3 months later...

This has happened extremely regularly for me on solo excavations, just several minutes go by without a single power carrier. Sometimes there's still a stream of everything else (it was a rift though), sometimes there isn't even that. I've had moments where I just sit there on an empty tile, where maybe one random enemy would bother to pop on by every 30 seconds.

I think this has something to do with spawn limits. As you finish with an excavator and go to the next, enemies continue to spawn along the path and get left behind, either to lose aggro because you're too far away, or plain can't get to you in the case of elevators. Instead of teleporting up to your surrounding tiles after a while, they stay there taking up spawn count forever.

A change to the spawn system on Excavation missions would probably solve the problem. If enemies are so far away they lose aggro for maybe around 30 seconds, they either despawn or are teleported to a tile adjacent to the one the player's on. I'm not as sure about whether there's a limit on how many power cells are allowed to exist at a time, but if a power cell is left on the ground for 30 seconds, it should expire and free up a spawn count for a power carrier to show up.

There's probably better ways to improve the entire mission type like what DE did to Spy, but that'd be the simplest way of patching Excavation to be FUNCTIONAL.

• 3 months later...

Gonna go ahead and bump this post because this problem is STILL ongoing.

These energy cell carriers absolutely refuse to spawn normally. Alot of the time only a small handful of enemies spawn as well, and rarely is it the energy cell carriers. I just streamed a 40+ minute run with me eventually leaving at about 1k cryotic because carriers just refused to spawn: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140494588

Edited by SoulEchelon

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 8:18 PM, (Xbox One)CitrusTheNile said:

Just finished a 1 hour long mission on Earth. Only was able to get 1600 cryotic before I got bored and tired of waiting for the power cell carriers to spawn. Same thing happened last night when I was playing on Pluto. Please increase the spawn rate of the power cell carriers. I am already tired of sitting at each excavator feeling like it takes forever to complete. Anyone else feel like the power cell carriers spawn too slowly? Before Specters of the Rail I could get 1600 cryotic in 30 minutes on Triton. 

I've ran into the same problem, on PC.

Both on excavation (after Drill E) and survival ( after 15 mins) missions. Playing solo. 

Only way this seems to be manageable is to set it to 'Invite Only' and then load in and solo. You'll still get full waves and plenty of power cells. Not exactly a perfect fix, though, considering that at higher levels it can become pretty difficult depending on a player's frame. Definitely needs to be fixed.