Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Silver Grove Update] New Weapons Feedback!

[DE]Danielle

Hello Tenno!  Please use this megathread to post your feedback on the new weapons that have been released in today's update, The Silver Grove:

SARPA – Makes sweeping cuts punctuated by bursts of heavy gunfire.
POX – These festering sacs of pus and gas burst violently on impact. Complete this look by adding on the matching Apoxys Syandana.

Thank you! We hope you enjoy the new weapons! :)

Little problem with new stance for gunblade: after upgrading stance i get problem with combos when i use attack speed mod. It always read that i'm doing 2'nd combo (E;pause;E;E;E;E) even when I spam the E key as fast as i can to get 1'st combo (E;E;E;E). I tried to do this without attack speed mod but it just make it a little less frequency. As much as it isn't problem with other type of weapons, it's very annoying with gunblade due the difference between 1'st (four short-middle range shots) and 2'nd one (shot; three mele hits; shot).

4 hours ago, HyenaZERO said:

Two problems with the Pox: When thrown, the chickens fly sideways rather than beak first.

Please don't fix this I think it's hilarious. The ammo i s too msall, though. It needs a much larger reserve. I keep running out, not because there isn't enough ammo lying around, but packs of 10 pistol ammo are eaten up by me only having 4 shots missing. It's just a pain. Pox simply isn't strong enough enough compared Staticor and Spira Prime to have such a hindrance as a drawback.

DE: It's obvious we need to fix having to attack before charging thrown melee weapons and gunblades. They are in an unacceptable state. New stance is cool, though.

Edited by Snowbluff

Sarpa muzzle flash needs a decent nerf - 50-75% it is a constant blinding flash with the new stance

Also - the projectiles are few and inaccurate, could they either be tripled or increase the accuracy to that of the redeemer

let see, bullet dance combos are almost impossible to use properly even if your mashing the attack button with lead tango(right click), or automatic rhumba(back), automatic rhumba feels like its missing hit boxes on its attack.

btw is samba slash suppose to be the one were you shoot 4 times, or fire 1 and use melee 3 times, not sure which one is supposed to be there(4 shot one is default) as for what one is there, its impossible to pull each of them separably without mashing stupid fast.

now if the stance was actually working smothly, it is actually a fun stance

I must say the Sarpa is a disappointment to me. For one it is a way to obvious Redeemer reskin. Almost the same Stats and even the charged shoot seems to be technical a Redeemer shoot with multiple bullets and hits at once as a shotgun does. The bare minimum I would ask for and was hoping for are short bullet bursts to suit its Soma vibe. 

As a melee weapon itself I will most likely consider it a toy I can pick up every now and then. Although there are some neat synergies with Excaliburs radial blind for example making every shoot during combos a critical finisher attack. Bullet Dance as a stance is killing Sarpas melee part completely for me. Very interruptive to my movement which leads frequently to this odd situations when you hit thin air with melee strikes waiting for the next shoot to happen. Simply because the combos are holding me in place the majority of the time.

With no hope for critical hits - overall the performance is underwhelming.

3 hours ago, CorvusTheHeretic said:

Sarpa has incredibly random accuracy. Sometimes you can hit an enemy on the other side of the large 50m hall right in the head, other times you can completely miss from 7m.

Yes there is no way to tell if you will hit your target, it is random as hell without any obvious explanation why. Sarpa will frequently hit one shoot and miss the next on the same target, same distance, same position. 

11 hours ago, jofdeath said:

not sure which one is supposed to be there(4 shot one is default) as for what one is there, its impossible to pull each of them separably without mashing stupid fast.

A general complaint I have with melee combos. They are incredibly hard to learn for certain weapons and next to impossible to perform, especially on fast weapons where every combo basically means "mash your button". Add the fact rhythms are tied to melee attack speed changing with weapons, builts and animations you just stop bothering.

To me it often looks like a big jump in attack speed downwards (Spoiled Strike) or upwards will break certain combos on certain weapons. 

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

Pox: Can you bump the max ammo to at least 70?

I actually like the weapon, but I run out of ammo far to quickly to really be able to use it.

Down the road, can we get an augment that changes it's element to either fire or blast damage? (pretty please)

I also feel the cloud may be 30-40% to opaque.  

Really like the concept, and always a fan of infested weapons.

Great work!

Edited by Gentrash
Spelling and flow

5 minutes ago, Gentrash said:

Pox: Can you bump the max ammo to at least 70?

I actually like the weapon, but I run out of ammo far to quickly to really be able to use it.

I also feel the cloud may be 30-40% to opaque. 

This please. The low ammo cap messes with ammo pick ups. I'm only getting like 4 per pick up, and after a lot of shooting I can only pick up like 20 max and there a lot of amo left on the ground but I have to move on...

It's not like it's as Strong as Staticor or Spira. This is a funny weapon. It shouldn't be nerfed for no reason.

So I put some time in with these weapons, and here are my thoughts (for whatever they're worth):

1. The Pox is great, even if I'm not a fan of Infested weapons. With a full Status build, the damage is reliable and you can take down groups of enemies with well-placed shots. The current trade-off is a very poor ammunition reserve, which makes Pistol Ammo Mutation a must-have mod if you want to run with it for extended periods of time. On a side-note, the toxin clouds left behind are a little too dense, making follow-up shots difficult to make, or even causing FPS hiccups in the case of a group of people spamming them.
  2. The Sarpa... eh. I can't get the hang of it. I've taken it to 30, tried figuring it out, but I just can't. I guess I just fail at gunblades. I'm not sure if it's the weapon or the Blade Dance stance mod, but it's just so very inaccurate. I can miss at point-blank and headshot across the map. It's just all sorts of wonky. And Blade Dance is not working properly, near as I can tell. The combos do not chain correctly, and I've gotten stuck in a backroll-shoot loop, where I assume there's supposed to be something else happening, or at least the combo is supposed to reset. I really don't know how to judge this thing at all. It seems like it should be a good weapon, but something's just not working right.

So... 50/50?

I've gotten the Sarpa and have been using quite intensively for at least 3-4 hours now. Honestly, my experience should have been negative, but somehow I found myself laughing and chuckling all the way through, so without further ado, let me get right into it :

So, first impression...the model. The best words I have to describe this are sleek, sexy, elegant and light. It's simply leagues better than the dull double bladed shotgun melee that is Redeemer (IMO). With that said, you can imagine my face, already set to stun, when I saw the melee animation (without stance, as advised by a clanmate). I was like a friggin' elite commando with a pistol, taking quick consecutive shots, with some tactical rolls in between shots. Additionally, the powerful sound made it feels incredibly satisfying to use. Props to DE for this.

And now, onto the hot potato, which I think is the biggest flaw of the weapon : its accuracy.

Thing.is.completely.borked.

Quick melee has you swinging and utilizing the blade part as the weapon. But when you enter melee mode, all attacks becomes range attacks, which completely works against itself because the weapon misses so much, even at point blank. Not to mention the screenshake and uncontrollable animation (rolling alters your position, the window between each shots is too short, making it hard to readjust your aim).

I am still trying to get the new stance Bullet Dance, so I can't really say anything about it yet. I do, however, have High Noon, so why am I not using it instead, you may ask ? Well, that still doesn't actually fix the problem at hand and basically just dance around it. You had the rule of cool overridden functionality, which was not okay. why went all the way to make something so fancy, only to have it made useless ?

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

8 hours ago, gjallarhorn said:

So I put some time in with these weapons, and here are my thoughts (for whatever they're worth):

1. The Pox is great, even if I'm not a fan of Infested weapons. With a full Status build, the damage is reliable and you can take down groups of enemies with well-placed shots. The current trade-off is a very poor ammunition reserve, which makes Pistol Ammo Mutation a must-have mod if you want to run with it for extended periods of time. On a side-note, the toxin clouds left behind are a little too dense, making follow-up shots difficult to make, or even causing FPS hiccups in the case of a group of people spamming them.

Ammo mutation doesn't really fix that. There is plenty of pistol ammo on the ground and Pox's firerate means you can't burn through it too quickly, but a lot of the pickups are ignored but the low capacity, or you're only getting a couple of shots because you only used a few. You might be better off running increase reserve ammo, which sucks because the reserve is so small that screws up too.

3 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Ammo mutation doesn't really fix that. There is plenty of pistol ammo on the ground and Pox's firerate means you can't burn through it too quickly, but a lot of the pickups are ignored but the low capacity, or you're only getting a couple of shots because you only used a few. You might be better off running increase reserve ammo, which sucks because the reserve is so small that screws up too.

I'm not quite sure I understand you. You're saying to not use the mod that guarantees that I'll get pistol ammo when I need it, but to use a mod that will instead increase a small reserve ammo quantity by an equally small amount?

I'll stick with the mutation mod, thanks.

3 minutes ago, gjallarhorn said:

I'm not quite sure I understand you. You're saying to not use the mod that guarantees that I'll get pistol ammo when I need it, but to use a mod that will instead increase a small reserve ammo quantity by an equally small amount?

I'll stick with the mutation mod, thanks.

That's the opposite of what it does. Mutation is for filling up the reserves of a weapon that blows through ammo than the regular pick ups can't keep up, like a Kohm or the Sgammacor. Their are plenty of pickups for pistol ammo considering the fire rate of the Pox. You aren't guaranteed anything anymore that you already are.

Example: Without a mutation, I walk through a pile of pickups. My reserve is maxed.

Or, I use a mutation, and I walk through a pile of pickups. My reserve is maxed.

Use Trick Mag instead. Doubles your reserve.

Edited by Snowbluff

1 minute ago, Snowbluff said:

That's the opposite of what it does. Mutation is for filling up the reserves of a weapon that blows through ammo than the regular pick ups can't keep up, like a Kohm or the Sgammacor. Their are plenty of pickups for pistol ammo considering the fire rate of the Pox. You aren't guaranteed anything anymore that you already are.

Use Trick Mag instead. Doubles your reserve.

Which is exactly why I'm using Mutation. I do have trouble keeping up with ammo, simply because when I do get a standard pistol ammo pickup, It's only to refill ~4 rounds. When I actually start running low, when I'm 4/0 and actually need that ammo, Mutation makes it possible to keep going by converting anything left lying around into usable ammunition.

I run without a primary more times than not. It's nice to know that I will have ammo at all times.