The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics and the new void... its unfair and broken.

morningstar999

What is the problem here aww u lost connectin in old void GUESS WHAT EVERYBODY DID 

Old sistem had its charm new one haz its charm just combine damned things and give ppl option to play as they want its 

ALL THE SAME GRINDING GAME one way or the other 

2 minutes ago, chofranc said:

As a suggestion: You should be able to convert relics in another of the same tier so you don't need to go and farm the new relics and you can use the one that you have by converting them.

1 minute ago, Magnulast said:

The OLD void should NEVER come back.

The NEW void should be ADJUSTED.

All I'm wanting to get is 

Eximus getting a chance to drop a relic.

Here is something you should b trying to say or give them feed back or suggestions like this . but what you're saying is. moree or les you want to have to spend hours a bone hour just to get what you want... well news flash almost everyone hated that method.

1 minute ago, WolfTitan said:

• Low chance due to the size of the reward pool.
  • You might argue that your chances increase if you have squad members. But realize that those members would have to go through the same process.
    • This means the chance that you will find a squad member who has the same relic who desires the same prime part is slim to none.

Its not exactly slim, there are usually 30k+ players online with you.

Also its about 10% rare drop per Radiant Relic, so 4 players with said relic would increase the drop chance immensely. 

14 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

I only ever got like 10-20 so I assumed that was the cap, but it's still horribly low, I would like it to drop from enemies so you could sit in a mission for like 30 min and earn like 400 instead of having to waste more relics over and over. 

Well actually... I thought endless mission were supposed to turn into the "trace farming spot" but it seems nope.

We're forced to grind forever...

At some point I really hope this game's amount of players drop heavily and make DE notice how broken it is.

3 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

Its not exactly slim, there are usually 30k+ players online with you.

Also its about 10% rare drop per Radiant Relic, so 4 players with said relic would increase the drop chance immensely. 

There are a greater number of different relics now than did Void keys. So the chance of getting the Relic that you need is slimmer; this impacts your chances of finding others who want to use that specific relic.

5 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

There are a greater number of different relics now than did Void keys. So the chance of getting the Relic that you need is slimmer; this impacts your chances of finding others who want to use that specific relic.

Actually with the removal of the old relics and the implementation of the new ones, there's only about 6 relics per Era, and most with specific drop locations. So far I've done about 10 runs of Oceanum spy, got 8 relic drops which were new. 

There's a few things I don't like about the current void system, one of them being the reactant collect-a-thon.

Some mission types are less compatible with it, especially the ones that are all about doing one thing and getting the heck out, like 1.0 sabotage amongst other things. No matter how many times they reiterate on this system, I don't believe it's going to be fun for anybody if the "picking up breadcrumbs" part is left in. Nobody wins because the fast people have to wait for the slow dudes, and if they're too hasty, they will not get as many prime part choices, and the slower tenno will have no prime part at all.

Now, you might say this can be fixed with a healthy amount of communication, but that's exactly what public games lack. Nobody really talks! This is why earlier I suggested adding a reactant counter for each tenno in the UI. That way you know exactly who needs help finding the reactant, and you go in and help them even if they don't speak much if at all. But ultimately this could all be avoided if there was no reactant collecting to speak of. Just some thoughts!

Edited by Chicadino
replaced erroneous mention of relics with the correct "prime part"

35 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Old void had a challenge factor. You hosted a game, invited people in, shared keys and went for it for 40+ minutes.

Now there is no challenge in void missions and the grinding is still there, they just tried to give you the illusion of less grinding by splitting up the process into shorter but more frequent attempts.

I agree with the OP, it actually feels like DE is trying to sell the Prime Access with their new system. It feels cheap and makes me disssapointed with them.

There is nothing challenging about any of that. It was just a pure annoyance and grind doing the same tile, on the same rotation, for a countless amount of times depending on RNG. The only challenge was in challenging your will and patience to continue to spam T3S and it's convoluted rotation C.

I have no problems with the new system.

Everyone has the same chance to Primes since we all have to go farm for the new relics. Gone are the days that Veteran players who have hoarded

there keys could sell the new primes at insane prices since they had a advantage over newer players.

22 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

The OLD void should NEVER come back.

The NEW void should be ADJUSTED.

All I'm wanting to get is 

Eximus getting a chance to drop a relic.

Sorry if they sounds mean but all i get from this is:

New void should be adjusted so that we stop complaining and old void shouldnt come back cause you will effectively have less ppl to do it with as they all or majority will go back to the old void instead of new void. 

Yeah they did say something about that i assume they either tweaking it as we speak or got thrown out the window like nekros' no duration.

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

There is nothing challenging about any of that. It was just a pure annoyance and grind doing the same tile, on the same rotation, for a countless amount of times depending on RNG. The only challenge was in challenging your will and patience to continue to spam T3S and it's convoluted rotation C.

Exactly, you might as well have a staring contest between you and your computer for 40+ minutes. God knows what that'll do to your eyes.

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

I have no problems with the new system.

Everyone has the same chance to Primes since we all have to go farm for the new relics. Gone are the days that Veteran players who have hoarded

there keys could sell the new primes at insane prices since they had a advantage over newer players.

Older players will STILL get the new parts 1st and STILL sell them at insane prices, I have no idea why you think the 2 are even related. 

Also as veteran, why SHOULDNT I have an advantage over newer players?

7 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

If 40 min+ T3/4 survival is not challenging then nothing is challenging in this game. Oh yeah, the new challenge is trying to convince ourselves that grinding is fun.

5 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Exactly, you might as well have a staring contest between you and your computer for 40+ minutes. God knows what that'll do to your eyes.

I will agree half way with you until you hit T4 void(lv40+) where enemies have boosters applied to them.

But the void had reward to effort much better then the rest of the solar map. The problem with the new void, which im pretty sure was said quite a few times already, is that its basically same amount of effort or more for less rewards and choice. Which is nice in the short run but over time everyone will start feeling it. And the lack of reward with the actual void but still dealing with difficult enemies.

Edited by Omnipower

The grind is pretty real. I find the new Void and Derelict a good place to farm for relics as they pretty much drop each rota on the endless mission types only down side is no prime rewards with the new relic system. 

In addition to this i would like to see an option via the UI Relic menu to upgrade a set amount of old relic types to the new ones available, as a fair option for those of us with what feels like 100's of relics that are past there best before date. 

That being said i do understand why DE have decided on this route for Relics we currently have. 

Just now, Omnipower said:

I will agree half way with you until you hit T4 void(lv40+) where enemies have boosters applied to them.

But the void had reward to effort much better then the rest of the solar map. The problem with the new void, which im pretty sure was said quite a few times already, is that its basically same amount of effort or more for less rewards and choice. Which is nice in the short run but over time everyone will start feeling it.

The "effort" was all derived from BS enemy scaling, extended periods of play and the lack of keys to work from.

In the old void you didn't have a choice to begin with. I'm sure many people would rather get some rare prime part that wasn't what they needed instead of cores, forma or some less valuable prime part.

Just now, Omnipower said:

Sorry if they sounds mean but all i get from this is:

New void should be adjusted so that we stop complaining and old void shouldnt come back cause you will effectively have less ppl to do it with as they all or majority will go back to the old void instead of new void. 

Yeah they did say something about that i assume they either tweaking it as we speak or got thrown out the window like nekros' no duration.

The old void had issues that couldn't be fixed.

Namely, the existence of survival, and defense. And extremely boring modes like MD. 

A lot of players hated this system, there was no excuse for this. People similar to me hate survival, defense, and MD.

They brang absolutely no fun for me. All they presented with me is, "Waste your time." and it didn't feel rewarding even remotely.

A step by step system that can be taken by CONTROL.

Is far better than having a RNG-only system.

The only players that enjoyed the void, enjoyed modes like survival, modes I've hated, and I had no choice over.

Some players like the endless scaling, I for one, does not. I like a sortie scale of challenge. Not a endless fight over repetitiveness.

1 hour ago, morningstar999 said:

we should have both ways to earn prime parts, both old and new- not one or the other. taking away choices from your players is wrong.

They promised us less grind but gave us more -instead of earning 1-10 parts (each) for one key we earn 1 piece each for 4 relics -how is this fair? 

you have to grind for void traces over and over -only given a small amount each run (10-20 randomly at the end) and need 100 to make one key give you a slightly better chance at the rare stuff.  (if we had a chance of picking it up like before and a chance of earning more as we went this would be better)

and now they bring out new relics instead of switching around vaulted ones for new ones -so thats even MORE GRIND. 

free to play games generally want you to grind so those in a hurry are more likely to spend money to get what they want quicker whilst still giving people the chance to earn it, which is fair -up until  like Vauban's prime/ the new void  warframre was pretty blanched  -you had to earn stuff but it didn't have to play the same stuff over and over like a chore....

but this is now taking the piss and has taken tedious, repetitive grind to a whole new level. I have spent £££ on warframe but I don't want to have to a prime pack every time a new one comes out -part of earning prime parts is what used to make it fun, you felt like you achieved something -but now it would take me 4 times longer to do so, earning things is no longer fun. 

Its a game not a chore please stop making it like one. 

at this rate warframe will become a pay-to-win game, the fact it isn't is part of what makes war-frame so good but apparently DE is getting greedy. 

This is just sad... How is 1:10 fair? and 1:1 unfair? Equal numbers, you're just used to the old system where it gives players advantage which is pretty unfair on the system side. Now that DE has turned it into a 1:1 ratio, players are complaining their not getting more stuff which is really sick and tiring. 

One thing you don't know and refuse to see that with each new Prime Access, you generally don't have to swarm in one place to grab the new stuff. They'll stay there for a while which gives ample time for players to do normal missions and get the new relics along the way. Those players who are in a HURRY to get the shiny stuff and don't get it are the ones who have the tendency to complain because they refuse to play the game normally and just bumrush into places unknown. You've seen the location of the new relics but people are swarming Hieracon and Bere... there are tons of other locations you can get the Relics and you can just play around with the other nodes.

For people who have spent in Warframe, DE is NOT forcing you to do so, not even tempting you to purchase the Prime Access. Purchasing Platinum via real cash is your OWN decision, not theirs. If you feel tempted to do so due to laziness, then the problem is with you. Not them.

5 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

The "effort" was all derived from BS enemy scaling, extended periods of play and the lack of keys to work from.

In the old void you didn't have a choice to begin with. I'm sure many people would rather get some rare prime part that wasn't what they needed instead of cores, forma or some less valuable prime part.

Yeah but that brings on an entirely different topic so yeah until they fix it we are at a stand still.

5 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

The old void had issues that couldn't be fixed.

Namely, the existence of survival, and defense. And extremely boring modes like MD. 

A lot of players hated this system, there was no excuse for this. People similar to me hate survival, defense, and MD.

They brang absolutely no fun for me. All they presented with me is, "Waste your time." and it didn't feel rewarding even remotely.

A step by step system that can be taken by CONTROL.

Is far better than having a RNG-only system.

The only players that enjoyed the void, enjoyed modes like survival, modes I've hated, and I had no choice over.

Some players like the endless scaling, I for one, does not. I like a sortie scale of challenge. Not a endless fight over repetitiveness.

Yeah but with void 2.0 they switch sides now its those that loved survival and defense that are suffering. Many of them would rather stay in a mission and get a chance of more prime per 5 rounds/minutes/waves but now they like you are  now forced to play for a set time for one reward of choice.

Im sure thats why many ppl wish for both not one or the other so we can all enjoy what we like. Like i said im sorry if it sounds mean but hoping DE takes the middle ground with their idea for making long winded missions like old void again.

Edited by Omnipower

34 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Yeah the challenge was not falling asleep during the same 20 min survival you just did like 30 times before and got nothing you wanted from.

Old system can suck it. The new relic system just needs better conversion methods.

So instead, we get pure tedium.

16-32 / +16X per item times grindier, with less total variety... it's boring and just work, which means lots of people aren't playing.

It works for some people, heavy handing people into buying, but as many will just... not bother and won't get the items, or will move onto another game.

We're at the point where every new release, every 'grind reducing measure' increases the grind exponential increases in grind and tedium.

It's not exciting anymore, and seriously dampens any hopes or enthusiasm myself and a LOT of people have for the game.

We had almost 30 regular players in our clan.

We're now at 2-3 regular, 2-3 that drop in occasionally for daily tribute and new update content to see if it's worth bothering with.

And of our group of friends, there's an additional 7-8 people that went from playing a LOT to not at all, solely due to the tedium + grind.

So that's almost 40 people who have stopped putting in money, and 30 that have stopped playing... I realise this is a small sample but that + the forums, it certainly seems that DE is not moving in a positive direction.

I cant get myself motivated to grind even one thing of the new stuff because i dont want to grind for the keys aka fissures and then with a small % for the part.No way.

Thats the first time and i wont buy the Prime access.No interest in doubled grind.

Edited by K0bra

I like the relic system better than the old void.   Both were grindy but this is a free to play game so you need to expect that.   The reason I like the relic system is that your pool of "prizes" is smaller now and you have a chance to further influence that via the trace system to help get the item you want as opposed to it being completely random.   I do think the number of void traces could be increased but that is a minor quibble.

The best improvement I think they can make, and it has been suggested before, is to add a relic exachanger into the game where I can take a relic and exchange it for the currently dropped version of that type.   It becomes the players choice.   So if I didn't care about vaulted items I could exchange a relic I have been sitting on to get a relic for the new stuff.   That would help alleviate the one missing part of the relic system that the old void system had.   In the old void system you could farm keys in preparation for new content and then be ready to use those keys to try and get the new content.  Now the farmed relics are useless to you once you have what they drop.   Groups forming now will get mad at players who use old relics if they are comprised of people trying to get new stuff.

Edited by zultor

Just now, DarkOvion said:

So instead, we get pure tedium.

16-32 / +16X per item times grindier, with less total variety... it's boring and just work, which means lots of people aren't playing.

It works for some people, heavy handing people into buying, but as many will just... not bother and won't get the items, or will move onto another game.

We're at the point where every new release, every 'grind reducing measure' increases the grind exponential increases in grind and tedium.

It's not exciting anymore, and seriously dampens any hopes or enthusiasm myself and a LOT of people have for the game.

We had almost 30 regular players in our clan.

We're now at 2-3 regular, 2-3 that drop in occasionally for daily tribute and new update content to see if it's worth bothering with.

And of our group of friends, there's an additional 7-8 people that went from playing a LOT to not at all, solely due to the tedium + grind.

So that's almost 40 people who have stopped putting in money, and 30 that have stopped playing... I realise this is a small sample but that + the forums, it certainly seems that DE is not moving in a positive direction.

Is it any different from before?

At least now instead of worrying about what you're going to get at the end of 20, 40, 60 or even more minutes of a mission you should be concerned about what your buddies' relics are going to yield at the end of some short mission.

Like I said, there needs to be a more efficient way of getting the relics you want but not to the point where you can just get something from nothing.

2 minutes ago, K0bra said:

I cant get myself motivated to grind even one thing of the new stuff because i dont want to grind for the keys aka fissures and then with a small % for the part.No way.

Thats the first time and i wont buy the Prime access.No interest in doubled grind.

You speak my mind.